You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

shove or fold?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic

right the hand is below

Comments

• edited December 2010
    My Argument was, that jonny had less chips then ibluff, so i was saying i would of folded there and hoped johnny would shove within the next 3 hands and get a caller, and if he did double up then yes, ibluff would have to get a move on, i know it would of left you with little chips, but if johnny just folded he would have fewer chips then you still. But i would of folded to try and ladder, as johnny will be thinking, right i need to shove to get through. The other two player had over 10k chips, so i think they would both call johnnys shove, especially if one if in bb or sb. 

I may be wrong, but i think i would of folded and prayed that he went out lol
  • edited December 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JONNYGAVFC Small blind  600.00 600.00 2075.00
    coolal20 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 11200.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

iBLUFF ?? ???? ?? 
    DarinIsGod ?? ???? 11475.00
    JONNYGAVFC ??     2075.00
    coolal20 ?? ???? 8675.00
    right do u think its a shove or fold considering stack sizes?
    i have 3.5k in chips ?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: shove or fold?:
    My Argument was, that jonny had less chips then ibluff, so i was saying i would of folded there and hoped johnny would shove within the next 3 hands and get a caller, and if he did double up then yes, ibluff would have to get a move on, i know it would of left you with little chips, but if johnny just folded he would have fewer chips then you still. But i would of folded to try and ladder, as johnny will be thinking, right i need to shove to get through. The other two player had over 10k chips, so i think they would both call johnnys shove, especially if one if in bb or sb.  I may be wrong, but i think i would of folded and prayed that he went out lol
    Posted by shaun09
    yh m8 but surely u cant be folding every hand til he goes out i think A6h is more than enough here..
  • edited December 2010
    Not every hand mate. No. But atleast one more orbit, When his in bb next his gonna have 800 left, So if Sb has called to make Bb up he is going to call his all in. And if he folds his BB his then in Sb, as for that im letting it go and letting the blinds go threw me unless i pick a PP or a9+ then if he is still surviving then id make a move, But thats just how id play it, Let him make the move rather then you. But in the end i suspose you just got ul.
  • edited December 2010
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance JONNYGAVFC Small blind   600.00 600.00 2075.00 coolal20 Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 11200.00   Your hole cards 6 A       iBLUFF ??   ?? ??  ??  DarinIsGod ??   ?? ??  11475.00 JONNYGAVFC ??         2075.00 coolal20 ??   ?? ??  8675.00 right do u think its a shove or fold considering stack sizes? i have 3.5k in chips ?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    Why u taken your chips out of table =)
  • edited December 2010
    shove 4 me u less than 10 bigs u have gd hand auto push
  • edited December 2010
    Not every hand mate. No. But atleast one more orbit, When his in bb next his gonna have 800 left, So if Sb has called to make Bb up he is going to call his all in. And if he folds his BB his then in Sb, as for that im letting it go and letting the blinds go threw me unless i pick a PP or a9+ then if he is still surviving then id make a move, But thats just how id play it, Let him make the move rather then you. But in the end i suspose you just got ul.
    Posted by shaun09
    but if u let the blind go through u have no chance of getting anyone to fold any two
  • edited December 2010
    ibluf imposibble to comment here as no stack size etc. or is this just for a private discussion?

if it is i'll get my coat...
  • edited December 2010
    its for any one to reply younggun. Yes rob i know, but if you let them go through you once, thn johnny will know he will have to make a move. And hopefulyl he would fail, That is a risk i My self would take.
  • edited December 2010
    incase u didnt realise ibluff stack is not there impossible for anyone to comment :p
  • edited December 2010
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance JONNYGAVFC Small blind   600.00 600.00 2075.00 coolal20 Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 11200.00   Your hole cards 6 A       iBLUFF ??   ?? ??  ??  DarinIsGod ??   ?? ??  11475.00 JONNYGAVFC ??         2075.00 coolal20 ??   ?? ??  8675.00 right do u think its a shove or fold considering stack sizes? i have 3.5k in chips ?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    young Gun ibluff stats here he had 3.5k chips, But i dont know why he hasnt posted it in HH. But in that case you can comment.

Over and out