You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4bet/Shove/Fold?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Okay, this is relatively early on in the 2.20 DS, I don't have any notes on the player apart from he seemed to be playing quite solid taking down most pots pre, the only hand i've seen him 3bet which has gone to showdown was AK - what do you make of his 3bet sizing here and do we ship it, raise or fold?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
j3ono Small blind  20.00 20.00 4471.25
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  40.00 60.00 4637.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

Sausage23 Fold     
charlyb8 Call  40.00 100.00 5303.75
christiann Raise  160.00 260.00 6640.00
xRaise  640.00 900.00 6045.00
j3ono Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Fold     
charlyb8 Fold     
christiann    ?? 

Comments

• edited December 2010
    If he's solid i would fold, plenty of time no need to take a race early doors unless you want to double up early and play properly then its fine to shove. if you want to play properly just fold and wait for a better spot, far to early to shove imo
  • edited December 2010
     With this holding against this player the best you can really be looking at is a race. With the blinds at this level and you nicely above your starting stack i can see no need to take on a race at this point. There will be times later when a race is the right thing to go for but it is too early in the tourny to take this on.

It looks as though there may be a misprint on your HH because it clearly shows Dohhhh folding preflop, surely this cant be right.
  • edited December 2010
    folding is not an option for me here, if i 4 bet it would be with the intention of never folding pre which i wouldnt really want to do this deep and this early so i think calling is best, see a flop and try to hit or outplay him
  • edited December 2010
    thats also a fair point n1ck has depends on villains, i would happily fold but also calling isn't too bad in this spot i wouldnt shove
  • edited December 2010
    I'd personally just flat his raise then go from there, defo don't 4bet him as he'll most likely just shove and you can't call with AK this deep. Call see a flop if it has an A/K then go from there, if you miss you still have 6k which is LOADS.  
  • edited December 2010
    its a call and reassess on the flop

We cant be thinking about getting it all pre this early in a deepstack imo without AA, AA or AA.

• edited December 2010

Due to card elimination he's much more likely to be on something like AK or QQ than AA or KK. Based on his play so far I'm ready to take a stand and put him to the test, I'd be 4 betting big and happy to get it all in pre-flop. If it is a flip then so be it, I'm either going to be in a position of strength as one of the chip leaders or moving on to the next tournament.

Disclaimer - I have an awful record in deepstacks!

• edited December 2010
    i wouldnt just flat oop with ak, 4bet ftw!