You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Beat?

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Im playing in more and more tourneys but baffled as to how I can advance...

Most recently I played 3 consecutive hands and went out of the tourney 5 mins in.

1st....Pocket 8's...1 raiser, 1 caller pre flop so I called with caution. I lost that hand to a player with K5 off....really? Should he be calling?

2nd...Pocket 10's. I raised in first 4 x BB and was called. Ace came on flop so i bet 3/4 pot to find my position and was called so folded on fourth street.

3rd and final....AK in the pocket. another 4 x BB raise, was then called and then put all in....I was betting against AA. This is crazy and happening a lot and I just have no idea how I can make progress.

Ideas........?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Try and forget about others bad play and just allow for it. By noting their incorrect play you can not make the same mistakes yourself.

Focus on everything you and the reasons behind what you do.

AK is normally a fine stack off but yes sometimes your opponent will possibly have one of the very few stronger hands. Sucks but it happens to everyone and is just part of the game.