You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

weird HU hand.

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic

The games just started, it's part of a K.O mtt tourny thing, $10 buy in, 2 min blinds, 1.5k chips, starts 10/20 blinds with small increases. (2nd round)

Hand happens on the first level.

History - the oppo has min raised all his buttons, and the 1 hand that went to showdown, he fired the flop, checked the turn, and bet the river, showing 6 high on a 7 high board.

Stacks - Vil, 1.4k, Hero, 1.6k, blinds 10/20.

Villain opens the button to 40.

Hero flats with Queen of diamonds 9s of spades.

FLOP - 9h, 10h, 9c

Hero checks.

Villain bets 54 into a pot of 80

Hero raises to 267.

Villain flats

Turn 10 of spdes, so board reads (9h, 10h 9c, 10s)

Hero checks.

Villain bets 480 into the pot of 600.

Hero flats. (gd or bad) ???

River is the 10 of clubs. - board reads (9h, 10h, 9c, 10s, 10c)

Hero checks

Villain jams

Herooooooooooooo !!!??????????????

Is this an easy fold ????? - obv I can only split ............ ????

Comments

• edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    say wat. calling turn is obviously the only play anything else would be bad. by the river we have to put him on an overpair or quads for hands that beat us obviously....

if he's moving us off a chop here FOL. I probably do a cawl as you've already said he's willing to bluff.
  • edited December 2010
    if you call the turn then it must be with the intention of calling the river because he is betting it 100% of the time
  • edited December 2010
    i call if he has PP higher then 99 gl to him, very stange hand looks like a bluff of the split pot

CAWL n cry if he has you beat, hu cant really fold in this spot with this line with someone who has shown he will bluff previously
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to weird HU hand.:
    The games just started, it's part of a K.O mtt tourny thing, $10 buy in, 2 min blinds, 1.5k chips, starts 10/20 blinds with small increases. (2nd round) Hand happens on the first level. History - the oppo has min raised all his buttons, and the 1 hand that went to showdown, he fired the flop, checked the turn, and bet the river, showing 6 high on a 7 high board. Stacks - Vil, 1.4k, Hero, 1.6k, blinds 10/20. Villain opens the button to 40. Hero flats with Queen of diamonds 9s of spades. FLOP - 9h, 10h, 9c Hero checks. Villain bets 54 into a pot of 80 Hero raises to 267. Villain flats Turn 10 of spdes, so board reads (9h, 10h 9c, 10s) Hero checks. Villain bets 480 into the pot of 600. Hero flats. (gd or bad) ??? River is the 10 of clubs. - board reads (9h, 10h, 9c, 10s, 10c) Hero checks Villain jams Herooooooooooooo !!!?????????????? Is this an easy fold ????? - obv I can only split ............ ????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this is a rare animal
  • edited December 2010

Yeh nick he was a scouser. 

I called, and he shows 10-7.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: weird HU hand.:
    Yeh nick he was a scouser.  I called, and he shows 10-7.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i dont get the "6 high on a 7 high board" bit...what does that mean?

also how many hands had you played as you said it was in the first 2 mins of play?
  • edited December 2010

Not many at all, the board was 7 high, and his holding was 6-3 for no pair, no draw, just 2 total air shots at the pot. 

I said he bet the flop, checked the turn, and bet the river in the 6-3 hand......he took a different line in my exit hand. I thought he had a draw - and once I c/r the flop - I have a 9 in my hand alot of the time. He could be trying to push me off it on both turn and river (it's a gr8 card to turn his draw into a total bluff against my c/raising range, coz I give up on all draws straight away)..............

But I'm not used to playing good players.

So I guess I just got bum raped again. 

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: weird HU hand.:
    Not many at all, the board was 7 high, and his holding was 6-3 for no pair, no draw, just 2 total air shots at the pot.  I said he bet the flop, checked the turn, and bet the river in the 6-3 hand......he took a different line in my exit hand. I thought he had a draw - and once I c/r the flop - I have a 9 in my hand alot of the time. He could be trying to push me off it on both turn and river (it's a gr8 card to turn his draw into a total bluff against my c/raising range, coz I give up on all draws straight away).............. But I'm not used to playing good players. So I guess I just got bum raped again. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this i dont understand
    this i do

and just out of interest what was the board in his 6 3 hand? 2 2 4 77? he must have had some draw lol
  • edited December 2010

owned again DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

He has 6-3, whilst the highest card on the board was a 7.

Apologies. 

He plays the board.