You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Better late than never!

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Well, I've finally written my blog about my recent adventures at EPT Barcelona.

It's HERE.

The blog features a fascinating hand of poker, a photograph of Michelle Orpe in a summer dress and stories of my physical and mental suffering.  I know what you're thinking: "Why am I not reading that RIGHT NOW?!?"

Please don't forget to leave a comment :)

Meanwhile...I'm back on PTP duties this evening.  A belated thank you to Mr Orford for stepping in last week and allowing me to cope with a sick child, sleepless nights, etc.

I plan to play two tournaments tonight: the £3.30 Pot Limit Omaha at 7.10pm and the £2.20 TOT / HAGAH event at 8.30pm.  The rest of the time I'll be playing PLO & PLO8 cash.  I'll inform you of my exact whereabouts via this forum thread.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    should make for an interesting read like recent blogs from you james, however im off out soon so will have to read up later on. look forward to it.
  • edited December 2010
    A question for you ,James !

How difficult do you find it switching between PLO and PLO8 games ? The premium starting hands are very different.

I have been playing a lot of PLO8 tournies and DYMs lately, and yesterday was multitabling. On opening my fifth table, I mistakenly entered a PLO dym, and played the first level before I realised ! Got through in the end but would not recommend anybody should play both disciplines at the same time.

May see you at a PLO8 table later !

• edited December 2010
    The 19:10 PLO tournament currently has 2 runners :(  If we don't even get one full table by 19:08, I will de-register and play in the Monday Night DS instead!

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Better late than never!:
    A question for you ,James ! How difficult do you find it switching between PLO and PLO8 games ? The premium starting hands are very different. I have been playing a lot of PLO8 tournies and DYMs lately, and yesterday was multitabling. On opening my fifth table, I mistakenly entered a PLO dym, and played the first level before I realised ! Got through in the end but would not recommend anybody should play both disciplines at the same time. May see you at a PLO8 table later !
    Posted by penguin7
    Hi Tony,

I'll be honest - I do struggle to switch sometimes.  I get locked into the PLO mindset and then make fundamental mistakes playing Hi-Lo.

I'm afraid I'm a bit old skool and, under normal circumstances, would only play one table and one variation of poker at any one time!

• edited December 2010
    Yay - we got seven runners in the PLO tournament.  Let's do this!

I'll get a cash table going shortly.

Watch this space...

• edited December 2010
    OK, I've taken a seat at Lewisham - 5p/10p PLO.
  • edited December 2010
    I've been eliminated from the PLO tournament in 4th place :(

I continue to play cash (badly) at Lewisham and have just taken a seat at another 5p/10p table - Bromley.

I'm also psyching myself up for the start of the next tournament at 8.30pm!

• edited December 2010
    Ive joined you on a table james. Jeez i suck at Omaha.
  • edited December 2010
    OK, it's time for TOT / HAGAH!

I've left Lewisham, but I'm still playing cash at Bromley.

• edited December 2010
    I'm out of the TOT / HAGAH, after running AQ into AK.  Pretty standard.

Will be leaving Bromley shortly - and then I'll play some PLO8 cash.

I'll let you know where in the next 15 minutes.

• edited December 2010
    The name of the table is...

Yvonne!

• edited December 2010
    Great PTP night James enjoy the PLO and PLO8 evenings, good banter as always.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Better late than never!:
    Great PTP night James enjoy the PLO and PLO8 evenings, good banter as always.
    Posted by hawk7112
    Thanks, Dave.

• edited December 2010
    "And like that...he's gone!"

But next week, you'll get a double dose of Hartigan at the Sky Poker tables.  I'll be on PTP duties on Monday 20th AND Wednesday 22nd.  Plus, I'll be playing in the Bumper Bounty Hunter on Thursday 23rd.

I'll leave you with the news that I'm working on a new Monday night tournament league for 2011.  It'll probably start at the end of January, running until the end of February.  Details to follow...