You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Misery, woe, bad beats and gloom…

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat

I’d like to publicly acknowledge the fact that the poker industry is full of the above.

But not here. After all, it is Christmas.

The railing and sense of community can at times be very potent and affirming on Sky – and I just got a large dose of it.

Having entered what I thought would be a quick tournament, I unexpectedly went deeper than anticipated. The railing and humour was even better than the game itself – and I absolutely loved the game.

One of the main protagonists was NeilFlungDown (I might have got that mixed up, I usually try to ignore the guy). To be serious; he posted something on this forum about a year back, about being distracting and respectful to players whilst railing them, which pretty much sums him up: He’s that sensitive that he feels the need to actually ask. That shows a lot of character and consideration.

Neil/Alex/Hu: I salute you. You’re a legend sir. And thanks as always for the web site recommendations.

I have to go now, I have something in my eye.

P.S.: If I hadn’t spent so much time mucking about with him and getting involved in banter, I might not have bubbled, but I’ll take that up with him another time.