You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

when will sky have a 100k gtd tournament?

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
there seem to be a lot of tournament players. maybe its a good idea to have a monthly 100k gtd with enough sattelites going on the whole month, the player volume would easily meet the guarantee

Comments

• edited December 2010
    if im honest something like this is years away on this site, the monthly £220 d/s didnt get the 50 players last time around. most ive seen online at once on here is around 3,500, something like that. 
  • edited December 2010
    yeah i agree sky doesnt have the numbers just yet maybe in a year or so that be cool

PS- Hurst i saw 4500 online last week i believe, wonder what the record is? online & playing
  • edited December 2010
    Have a look at the flopwit tournie schedule --- is there any room for some more flapping satellites???
  • edited December 2010
    Its a good idea, but once a month is far too often, maybe annually.  £220 buyin with sats running from £2.20 - £22 running all year.  Even still, its probs early days for an mtt of this size for sky
  • edited December 2010
    no one would try and reg for a tournie a year away.

BI would need to be 500 minimum, and sky should reduce the reg fee to 25.

can easily see a £50kGTD with a 500+25and sats running daily with 3 months notice/marketing to get the word out being a successfull tournie.
  • edited December 2010
    Sounds good, but I can't see it happening at the moment, this would have to be some sort of annual championship with tons of promotion and qualifiers. If the buy-in is £500 + a fee only a small number of regulars would have the roll to buy-in direct, it would be very difficult for Sky to make the numbers to 200 with satellites IMO. The Viva Las Vegas packages are a much more attractive target to aim at for us recreational players than a seat in a high-stakes online tournament full of sharks.
  • edited December 2010
    I wouldn't play a £500 tournament without antes and H4H etc etc..
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when will sky have a 100k gtd tournament?:
    Sounds good, but I can't see it happening at the moment, this would have to be some sort of annual championship with tons of promotion and qualifiers. If the buy-in is £500 + a fee only a small number of regulars would have the roll to buy-in direct, it would be very difficult for Sky to make the numbers to 200 with satellites IMO. The Viva Las Vegas packages are a much more attractive target to aim at for us recreational players than a seat in a high-stakes online tournament full of sharks.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
     LOL--n1 Gary--Yeh, who wants a tournament full of sharks, the odd tope is ok, maybe even a stingray or two, but full grown great white sharks are a bit of a nuisance at any poker table
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by BrownnDog
    I wouldn't play a brownndog without a lead and a muzzle!!
  • edited December 2010
    Sky could maybe gamble on it for a month. the way to do it would be through satellites and super satellites.

Buy in for 100k would  be £100 per seat
    one big satellite daily with 20 seats guaranteed say say £25 buy in. and there would be super sattelites for like £2-5 running throught the day, so pple dont even pay the £25 for the sattelite. (simples)

20 seats x 30 days in a month = 600 players + ppl buying in

Best time to do this would be in winter time when every one is playing. also if you promoted it. i can only see good things. ppl like tournaments. it attracts players.

Plus think of Sky poker TV the coverage of a final table with a prize pool of this magnitude.

Ooops just wet my self with excitement.
  • edited December 2010
    Just advertise the 100k gtd in the mag Poker Player, and ppl will flock to it.

oh and btw £100 is not high stakes, monthly, is madly affordable.

I also wouldn't worry about sharks in a £100 MTT, there wont be many. and any new players that come to this site you will have an advantage over, they will be used to playing tournaments 9 or 10 handed.

don't forget it would be like 25k to the winner aswell guys.

One person a month winning 25k would do the site wonders. and dont forget the rest of the payout of final table. it would bring so much more money to sky poker.

Then you should come play me HU with winnings ;-)
  • edited December 2010

I think both Scotty77 and Brownndog have this spot on

Reduce to 50K with Antes and H4H and see how it goes. If it works then we can progress from there.

• edited December 2010
    yeah 50k would be easy to do. Whats the biggest guarantee at the moment ?

so when is it going to happen ?

(i wont be playing, be too much)
  • edited December 2010
    yeah i agree sky doesnt have the numbers just yet maybe in a year or so that be cool PS- Hurst i saw 4500 online last week i believe, wonder what the record is? online & playing
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I believe that the 'players online' total is how many players have logged onto the skypoker site during the last hour, the 'players seated' is obviously the total number of players actually participating in a game albeit cash, SnG or tourny. The most i have ever seen seated (when a freeroll is not running) is 1700
  • edited December 2010
    Don't forget this site works in £££'s not $$$'s. So what is a $100k elsewhere isn't really comparable for a relatively small site working in £££'s.

Most sites adjust their guarantees as the seasons change and numbers fluctuate.

I would have thought a £25k - £30k tournament is comfortably achievable every month.
  • edited December 2010
    yeah 50k would be easy to do. Whats the biggest guarantee at the moment ? so when is it going to happen ? (i wont be playing, be too much)
    Posted by Keysasoze6
    £15k Primo thats £55 to enter.  Usually hits around £17k or so.

Biggest BI is the £220DS thats capped at 50 runners and has an £8kGTE.

IIRC correctly the Primo used to be £25k but that was in the early days with a far fewer players.  I think that £25k could easily be achieved every week even at a £55BI as poker players get a bit s punky whenever theres a chance of overlay.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: when will sky have a 100k gtd tournament? : £15k Primo thats £55 to enter.  Usually hits around £17k or so. Biggest BI is the £220DS thats capped at 50 runners and has an £8kGTE. IIRC correctly the Primo used to be £25k but that was in the early days with a far fewer players.  I think that £25k could easily be achieved every week even at a £55BI as poker players get a bit s punky whenever theres a chance of overlay.
    Posted by scotty77
    15k is laughable. please sort this out now.

People are not interested in it. they wouldn't ever think, ah yes, Sunday, big tournaments everywhere, lets play at sky poker for the 15k Primo 'LiL'

This needs to be addressed and i don't think 30k is enough. 50k minimum. but i guess its a start.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Why on earth arent there antes ? and they dont have H4H ? Hahaha gawd !
  • edited December 2010
    keysasoze

what i think your missing is sky is a building site. We are on the way forward. But we still cant compete with the FTP and Stars in terms of traffic and therefore garentees.

Sky are building in huge leaps and bounds to improve and catch up with these bigger sites. However you have to also remember sky aim their area for United Kingdom players only which actually means its harder for them to get the numbers of Stars and Full Tilt.

Have a look at a site like PKR for example - it offers the closest to live play online than any other site. As a result its managed to boost huge impacts with traffic. How many people had heard of the site a few years ago?

I must then also take you attention at how much the site values its community. This is way most players do play here - Sky is like one big family.
  • edited December 2010
    keysasoze what i think your missing is sky is a building site. We are on the way forward. But we still cant compete with the FTP and Stars in terms of traffic and therefore garentees. Sky are building in huge leaps and bounds to improve and catch up with these bigger sites. However you have to also remember sky aim their area for United Kingdom players only which actually means its harder for them to get the numbers of Stars and Full Tilt. Have a look at a site like PKR for example - it offers the closest to live play online than any other site. As a result its managed to boost huge impacts with traffic. How many people had heard of the site a few years ago? I must then also take you attention at how much the site values its community. This is way most players do play here - Sky is like one big family.
    Posted by The_Don90
    GG, thanks for response.

nothing has happened tho. oh well, leave another year.
  • edited December 2010
    keysasoze what i think your missing is sky is a building site. We are on the way forward. But we still cant compete with the FTP and Stars in terms of traffic and therefore garentees. Sky are building in huge leaps and bounds to improve and catch up with these bigger sites. However you have to also remember sky aim their area for United Kingdom players only which actually means its harder for them to get the numbers of Stars and Full Tilt. Have a look at a site like PKR for example - it offers the closest to live play online than any other site. As a result its managed to boost huge impacts with traffic. How many people had heard of the site a few years ago? I must then also take you attention at how much the site values its community. This is way most players do play here - Sky is like one big family.
    Posted by The_Don90
    skys traffic is low in comparison but without a big (well advertised) mtt they arent going to attract many new players in a great hurry apart from micro stakes because of the appeal.