You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker10 promotion

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Cheers Sky

gained my free £10 last night under teh Poker10 promotion. Firtst time i have played 50/£1 cash, a bit scary ! but sat down with £40 play 30 or so hands and left with £70 plus the £10 bonus so cant complain !

PUCPOUND

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Soz but imo this type of OFFER only encourages players,or tempts them to play OUT of their bankrolls
  • edited December 2010

What is the Poker10 promotion, can't find reference to it anywhere on the site
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker10 promotion:
     What is the Poker10 promotion, can't find reference to it anywhere on the site
    Posted by 68Trebor
    It's an e-mail only promotion I think.

Debs is right on this one, I've had the offer twice recently but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
  • edited December 2010
    If you just folded for 20 hands what would you end up with?

You get £10 but have to play 20 hands of 100nl!

• edited December 2010
    Soz but imo this type of OFFER only encourages players,or tempts them to play OUT of their bankrolls
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Totally agree, this is waaaay over my level and it's so tempting.

Donkey, you have to be involved in 20 raked hands so you can't just fold to victory.

Sky have given out some nice promotions but this is liable to cost some people more money than they are willing to lose.
  • edited December 2010
    I agree, I got sent this and just ignored it.  Definitely tempting players to play out of their bankroll.  I would have thought promotions like this could have been easily targeted at the correct audience.

If they want NL100 players to play then look for inactive players who have played that level in the past and mail them.

If they want to target lower level players then offer them smaller incentives but at the right level.

• edited December 2010
    I agree, I got sent this and just ignored it.  Definitely tempting players to play out of their bankroll.  I would have thought promotions like this could have been easily targeted at the correct audience. If they want NL100 players to play then look for inactive players who have played that level in the past and mail them. If they want to target lower level players then offer them smaller incentives but at the right level.
    Posted by Machka
    I haven't seen the email personally but I agree with Aaron about this being aimed at a ridiculous target audience, offering £10 for lower stakes players to play 20 raked hands at nl100 - so much for BR management lol. It's obviously win win for sky because it's rake which pays for the £10 so they have nothing to lose - I can understand that quite a few players will be pleased to give it a whirl and in a way I can't blame them and I hope they do well if they do try like the OP has done but personally I hope that the majority don't try this and concentrate to build their BR slowly at the lower stakes. Gl to everyone whatever they decide to do. 
  • edited December 2010
    i've had it also and sent a message to them saying i didn't think it was appropriate as i play nl4.
    got a response that essentially said that i didn't have to use it if i didn't want to. Which sort of missed my point. 
    Surely they can target the promotion to those clos to the level rather than those like me who don't have the roll for it?
  • edited December 2010
    How can you complain about receiving an offer? Just don't use it if you don't want to play nl100. It does encourage people to play at nl100 but what's wrong with that? Have the self-control just to ignore it, otherwise you have no one to blame.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Poker10 promotion:
    Cheers Sky gained my free £10 last night under teh Poker10 promotion. Firtst time i have played 50/£1 cash, a bit scary ! but sat down with £40 play 30 or so hands and left with £70 plus the £10 bonus so cant complain ! PUCPOUND
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    Well dun fella.

Nice to take a shot at something and it pay off for ya.

I'm sure if it went wrong, and some 100nl shark like simsim stacked you first hand, you wouldn't have emailed sky and blamed them for your loss. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen to blackfish ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe sky could email nl4 players and offer the same deal for them, at say nl30 - for a £3 bonus or something. 

Or they cud contact me and offer me something..........anything ......... please :(
  • edited December 2010
    It was a bit of fun, I certainly wasnt going to reload if I lost the £40. I will get up to these stakes eventually, but tis was a calculated risk.
  • edited December 2010
    I have had this promotion sent to me three times now and have taken it up every time even through i don't normally play cash and have made a nice profit before the £10 bonus.

I think it's a great idea.

Maybe i should play cash more often?
  • edited December 2010
    I just had a go and got my tenner plus £98 profit,happy days.

BTW I did not get an email I just checked bonus section and it was detailed there.
  • edited December 2010
    How can you complain about receiving an offer? Just don't use it if you don't want to play nl100. It does encourage people to play at nl100 but what's wrong with that? Have the self-control just to ignore it, otherwise you have no one to blame.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I don't disagree with you.  Just ignore it.

But it does seem to go against Sky Poker's own Responsible Gambling policy.
  • edited December 2010
    Make that four times.

Although i did lose my original £40 and had to reloaded to win it back plus a small profit.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker10 promotion : I don't disagree with you.  Just ignore it. But it does seem to go against Sky Poker's own Responsible Gambling policy.
    Posted by Machka
    That's to do with 'keeping gambling fun'... in terms of not playing with money you can't afford to lose. All promotions are going to encourage the customer to gamble.