You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ROI help

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Ok as i often do i sharkscoped myself again - my main priority is always MTTs. The value of my winnings isnt exactly pretty/

However whats a good ROI %.

Mine iis currently 14% (MTT ONLY) - is this a good/decent ROI or should i be looking to improve it?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to ROI help:
    Ok as i often do i sharkscoped myself again - my main priority is always MTTs. The value of my winnings isnt exactly pretty/ However whats a good ROI %. Mine iis currently 14% (MTT ONLY) - is this a good/decent ROI or should i be looking to improve it?
    Posted by The_Don90
    No. lol :)
  • edited December 2010
    I'd say anything above zero is decent as about two thirds of players lose overall. The av. ROI can be misleading, it is easily skewed by a few good or bad results at a stake you don't play at too often. To get what is a more accurate figure IMO click on your name, then 'Miscellaneous Data', then 'Total ROI'. Yours is 16.04% Don.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: ROI help:
    I'd say anything above zero is decent as about two thirds of players lose overall. The av. ROI can be misleading, it is easily skewed by a few good or bad results at a stake you don't play at too often. To get what is a more accurate figure IMO click on your name, then 'Miscellaneous Data', then 'Total ROI'. Yours is 16.04% Don.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    oh nice one ty

So thats good yeah ?
  • edited December 2010
    Due to rake the average must be around -10%, so yep, +16% is very respectable, some players will be doing a lot better than that though. I just scoped a couple of the sites well known elite players and they both show over +80%.
  • edited December 2010
    Due to rake the average must be around -10%, so yep, +16% is very respectable, some players will be doing a lot better than that though.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    yea ROI is something i want to improve on, but gettig the results with my BR a lil tricky. Ill get there.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Never looked at this, my total R.O.I is 88.59% for mtt's !!!

Av % of field beaten is only 56.28% tho...........that's gotta be pretty bad?

$610 total rake....

What's I T M?
  • NHNH
    edited December 2010
    I'm guessing that 30-40% ROI in MTTs is about right going by my stats on other sites.
    You could try searching the leaderboards and see what the top players on here score, take a little bit off and it should be a good guide.

• edited December 2010
    your return on your stake in mtts can be huge so if you have a decent win i would imagine your ROI% rockets up?

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: ROI help : Never looked at this, my total R.O.I is 88.59% for mtt's !!! Av % of field beaten is only 56.28% tho...........that's gotta be pretty bad? $610 total rake.... What's I T M?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    itm in the money
  • NHNH
    edited December 2010
    your return on your stake in mtts can be huge so if you have a decent win i would imagine your ROI% rockets up?
    Posted by N1CK
    Correct. 

Good scores will rocket you, just like bad runs will seriously dent it. You really need a few thousand games to get a true reading.

Most sample sizes are just too small, and by the time a lot of players have gotten enough games under their belts many things have changed (eg. the player has improved, he plays different stakes, the games have toughened). Also multi-tabling can dent your ROI, but you are then looking for greater £ per hour over ROI.

Although these things may interesting to look at from time to time, probably its more important to just track your own wins and loses and just find ways to improve your game while having fun, rather than focusing on such numbers.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: ROI help : Correct.  Good scores will rocket you, just like bad runs will seriously dent it. You really need a few thousand games to get a true reading. Most sample sizes are just too small, and by the time a lot of players have gotten enough games under their belts many things have changed (eg. the player has improved, he plays different stakes, the games have toughened). Also multi-tabling can dent your ROI, but you are then looking for greater £ per hour over ROI. Although these things may interesting to look at from time to time, probably its more important to just track your own wins and loses and just find ways to improve your game while having fun, rather than focusing on such numbers.
    Posted by NH
    good post and good point.
  • edited December 2010
    My sharkscope says +120% in mtt :D