You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Beat yes, but can I play it better? Happened twice tonight

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PRIMATAL Small blind  15.00 15.00 2202.50
SolarCarro Big blind  30.00 45.00 2335.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

f1shy Fold     
7zsteve7z Fold     
doRaise  120.00 165.00 1655.00
ACE_GUY Call  120.00 285.00 1922.50
PRIMATAL Fold     
SolarCarro Raise  360.00 645.00 1975.00
do Call  270.00 915.00 1385.00
ACE_GUY Call  270.00 1185.00 1652.50
Flop

SolarCarro Check     
do All-in  1385.00 2570.00 0.00
ACE_GUY Fold     
SolarCarro Call  1385.00 3955.00 590.00
SolarCarro Show
  • J
  • J

do Show

Turn

River

do Win Two Pairs, 7s and 6s 3955.00  3955.00
This was the 2130 £11 BH

I also played KK in a 2.30 BH the same way and was done by A2

Dave

Comments

• edited December 2010
    your like 60/40 its hardly a bad beat, shove flop yourself
  • edited December 2010
    Very tricky. In truth he could have an overpair, and there's every chance of the straight draw. In the BH though, he could have just about anything. His initial call is loose, but nothing more.
  • edited December 2010
    Im pretty sure this is a 50/50. TP + OSED v OP... definately not a bad beat. I would have raised more pre and bet/called the flop. Why did you check? Such a wet board, surely you have to bet... otherwise it might get checked through!
  • edited December 2010
    FFS please be soooooo careful in this neck of the woods with JJ,here endith ze lesson,xxx
  • edited December 2010
    I wouldnt inflate the pot pre with JJ here oop. Unless we raise more to either tid pre, or to commit pre to get it all in.
    In this situation i might have flatted pre, vs loose players, and see what the flop brings.

Once you have inflated the pot you have no option on that board imo to jam it in yourself. I dont see why you check the flop tbh. (not that it would change the outcome)

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Beat yes, but can I play it better? Happened twice tonight:
    I wouldnt inflate the pot pre with JJ here oop. Unless we raise more to either tid pre, or to commit pre to get it all in. In this situation i might have flatted pre, vs loose players, and see what the flop brings. Once you have inflated the pot you have no option on that board imo to jam it in yourself. I dont see why you check the flop tbh. (not that it would change the outcome)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Against a loose player i think you would want to 3 bet with JJ more because there is a higher probability that you will be holding the better hand so you want to get more value.
  • edited December 2010
    Pre flop is fine.

On the flop there's a few of ways you can play it, depending on your opponents, all 3 ofc with the aim of getting all the money in.

If the players behind are really aggressive and been stabbing at alot of pots with complete air/ semi-bluffs or betting marginal hands for value, you can check raise to get the money in, any bet from either opponent commits them to calling then rest of their stack off.

Alot of players on sky will call, but wont bet - so you have to do the work yourself to get paid.

You could also continuation bet really small, hoping to induce a raise behind from really aggressive players. 

As it's 3 way to the flop, I would just keep it simple and lead out myself, with the villains having just over a pot sized bet left - I'd just shove the lot in.

ul.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Beat yes, but can I play it better? Happened twice tonight:
    In Response to Re: Bad Beat yes, but can I play it better? Happened twice tonight : Against a loose player i think you would want to 3 bet with JJ more because there is a higher probability that you will be holding the better hand so you want to get more value.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    THIS. sorry greg dont understand your thinking there mate

as for the hand if ur 3bettin then make it bigger & shove the flop
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Beat yes, but can I play it better? Happened twice tonight : Against a loose player i think you would want to 3 bet with JJ more because there is a higher probability that you will be holding the better hand so you want to get more value.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    The value of JJ is overrated imo, You are 50% to see an overcard.

I dont want JJ vs two opponants. Raise more to get it all in pre vs one numpty, or flat and reassess on the board.

The point i was making is if solar is raising this amount and getting two callers he must lead out and get it all in on this flop.  
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Beat yes, but can I play it better? Happened twice tonight : The value of JJ is overrated imo, You are 50% to see an overcard. I dont want JJ vs two opponants. Raise more to get it all in pre vs one numpty, or flat and reassess on the board. The point i was making is if solar is raising this amount and getting two callers he must lead out and get it all in on this flop.  
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I disagree... JJ is underrated due to its label as a 'problem hand'. Any hand obvs weakens against multiple opponents, but you are still likely to hold the best hand preflop and as a result want to get as much money in as possible when you're holding the best of it. My point is that if solar is raising this amount for value and is getting two callers then he should be raising more for value as he will still likely be getting called.
  • edited December 2010
    Just ship it pre and then u don't have to play pokers.
  • edited December 2010
    Cheers for these replies, really good

I checked the flop to check raise all in, totally agree I should have just jammed it, I suppose after he jams I need to fold it.

Thanks
    Dave
  • edited December 2010
    Your check on the river left u open to the semi bluff, what better flop for JJ which is a vunrable hand I think a good bet on the flop would have saved you from answering hard questions and then the out draw. Better to win tasty pops than lose whoppers.