You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I like this site, think i might stay

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebigandy18Small blind £0.02£0.02£11.27chrisbhoyBig blind £0.04£0.06£3.94 Your hole cardsQQ   raytei01Raise £0.16£0.22£3.77odsCall £0.16£0.38£13.74bigandy18Raise £0.80£1.18£10.47chrisbhoyFold    raytei01Call £0.66£1.84£3.11odsCall £0.66£2.50£13.08Flop  JQ2   bigandy18Check    raytei01Check    odsBet £1.88£4.38£11.20bigandy18All-in £10.47£14.85£0.00raytei01Fold    odsCall £8.59£23.44£2.61bigandy18ShowQQ   odsShowQ10   Turn  6   River  5   bigandy18WinThree Queens£22.04 £22.04

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I know you got paid here and won this hand, i also like to see people betting big at this level, although a pot re-raise would be good on the flop rather than the £10 shove.

Pre flop perfectly played.

Your abviously doing something right to have £22 on a NL4 table so keep it up. Although shoving for 2.5x Pot everytime you get top set may cost you in the long haul.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: I like this site, think i might stay:
    I know you got paid here and won this hand, i also like to see people betting big at this level, although a pot re-raise would be good on the flop rather than the £10 shove. Pre flop perfectly played. Your abviously doing something right to have £22 on a NL4 table so keep it up. Although shoving for 2.5x Pot everytime you get top set may cost you in the long haul.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Ty for the advice don, i've seen that you post a lot on here so i'll take that advice in account,cheers.
  • edited December 2010
    i would to if i went in with k-10 vs AA and won ;) lol 
  • edited December 2010
    I know you got paid here and won this hand, i also like to see people betting big at this level, although a pot re-raise would be good on the flop rather than the £10 shove. Pre flop perfectly played. Your abviously doing something right to have £22 on a NL4 table so keep it up. Although shoving for 2.5x Pot everytime you get top set may cost you in the long haul.
    Posted by The_Don90
    plus plus 1.. agree with the Don, am surprised too, that you never lost the customer, if 10 hearts, maybe still, bit loose call

tip from me, the Don, is a wise one, read alot of his posts/threads, and pick up some of his commentaries, very good, not told you before Don Nice one!!
  • edited December 2010
    Hmmm interesting this as i thought that the 'clinic' was for asking advice and NOT for any bad beats or blatant brags,seems as though its 1 rule for some but different rules for others yeah? xxx
  • edited December 2010
    Hmmm interesting this as i thought that the 'clinic' was for asking advice and NOT for any bad beats or blatant brags,seems as though its 1 rule for some but different rules for others yeah? xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    me-ow :)
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by debdobs_67
    you better believe it baby!
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Hi debdobs x !

I can be easily confused, but in only his fifth post, i cant see anything wrong here! maybe summat someone else said? or should the names be blanked out?

whole post seemed bit tongue in cheek, from a new fella, Don never saw a prob seems either.

did i miss summat cause am gettin full of christmas spirit!!

love, The Hitman X

ps welcome BigAndy Enjoy !
  • edited December 2010
    I think the only thing anyone learns from this BRAG is dont over play a single pair
  • edited December 2010
    Some people take this forum carry on too seriously clearly, sorry for breaking your rules Debs i won't be back to do it again.
  • edited December 2010
    Little Harsh on a new poster people, what's that all about then?

If a mod wants to move the thread they will but the tone was a bit dark on a guy just happy happy to take a pot down don't you think?
  • edited December 2010
    Hey all,

The post is definitely leaning to a brag, but we can always look to turn it into something more through the right type of discussion. Is calling here with Q-T too loose? If you are calling with Q-T what kind of hands are you putting the opponent on? What do we make of the bet sizing on the various streets?

Where there's a will there's a way...
  • edited December 2010
    Hey all, The post is definitely leaning to a brag, but we can always look to turn it into something more through the right type of discussion. Is calling here with Q-T too loose? If you are calling with Q-T what kind of hands are you putting the opponent on? What do we make of the bet sizing on the various streets? Where there's a will there's a way...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    A voice of reason LOL, but is that not what me & Don were doin....virtually exactley Dave !! LOL!

Think a bit of christmas frustration/frazzle may be bubblin to the surface!!

Anyway people, tis the season of goodwill to all men ! esp newcomers!! Spread the love Comrades !!
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by debdobs_67
    The guys new to posting, so I would like to give the guy a break... so let him share his happiness! Next time though dude this area of the forum is more for a discussion of strategy.
  • edited December 2010
    And heres what its like in the real world of skypoker

shaggy68 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00  Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00   Your hole cards Q Q       BUDDY345 Fold     igimc Raise  80.00 110.00 1920.00 BANTAMBILL Fold     xbootneck2 Fold     shaggy68 Fold      Call  60.00 170.00 1920.00 Flop    4 J Q        Check     igimc Bet  170.00 340.00 1750.00  Call  170.00 510.00 1750.00 Turn    8        Check     igimc Bet  510.00 1020.00 1240.00  All-in  1750.00 2770.00 0.00 igimc All-in  1240.00 4010.00 0.00  Show 10 9    igimc Show Q Q    River    9        Win Straight to the Queen 4010.00  4010.00