You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help needed in mtt,s

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
having been quite a sucessfull low limit hodlem cash game player for a while i try mtt,s everynow and then,,and always seem to struggle when i get near the bubble often falling just short of cashing,

lastnight i played in a 5ooo euro free roll on another site with 71 players in,i got to 6000 chips after the 4 th level increase,goiing ok chip leader after first break then had some poor cards for a while managed to pinch a few blinds,then when we got to 10 players left i had 6000 left and was in 8th paying out 8 places,then down to 9 players blinds 400,800 with a 50 ante,i was in 7th with 4800 chips and the 8th placed with 3500 chips,iwas dealt pocket 10s on the button,i pushed all in and fell on a guy with pocket rockets so i crashed on the bubble just missing out on a guarenteed 220 euro,i thought about it later could i have folded my 10s and let the short stack {who had the blinds coming up} take his all in chance and hope ii could just ladder into the money or did i do right by pushing my 10s,,must admiit i would have been thrilled to get in the money as there was some good players playing,and may be the table new i was trying to ladder by the way i played,,,
only lost 2 hands in this mtt and the rest of the pots i won with pre flop races or not having to show cards

your veiws would be appreciated  

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: help needed in mtt,s:
    http://www.youtube.com/theillegit
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

tbh jj its good but dont think it will help with the majority of sky tourneys imo maybe because 9 handed? is there any 6 handed he has played
  • edited December 2010
    Check your Personal Messages :o)
  • edited December 2010

Hi Andy,

"......down to 9 players blinds 400,800 with a 50 ante,i was in 7th with 4800 chips and the 8th placed with 3500 chips,iwas dealt pocket 10s on the button....."

You HAVE to jam there, all things considered. If you do not, you are playing the game wrong.

Forget about your exit hand, that was not really the problem. The problem was that your stack was so low that you had no other option than to jam. If you can maintain a bigger stack, relative to the Blinds, it might be different, but with 6xBB, you have to jam there, all day & all night.  

• edited December 2010
    Hi Andy, "......down to 9 players blinds 400,800 with a 50 ante,i was in 7th with 4800 chips and the 8th placed with 3500 chips,iwas dealt pocket 10s on the button....." You HAVE to jam there, all things considered. If you do not, you are playing the game wrong. Forget about your exit hand, that was not really the problem. The problem was that your stack was so low that you had no other option than to jam. If you can maintain a bigger stack, relative to the Blinds, it might be different, but with 6xBB, you have to jam there, all day & all night.  
    Posted by Tikay10

i agree tk,,i had a quiet spell and put down some marginal hands qj suited a9 suited a8 suited to raisers,looking back i may be should have seen one or two more flops or reraised,i had a game plan of not calling if i could help it,may be alittle more aggression is needed in the middle to later stages 
  • edited December 2010
    Check your Personal Messages :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    cheers elsadog some good info
  • edited December 2010
    Think you need a bit more than advise you numpty lmao - Was you very nervous in the latter stages ??? Bet you smoked quite a few rollies lmao !! Do you feel alot better now its all off your chest - Daryl Jacob ftw.
  • edited December 2010
    Think you need a bit more than advise you numpty lmao - Was you very nervous in the latter stages ??? Bet you smoked quite a few rollies lmao !! Do you feel alot better now its all off your chest - Daryl Jacob ftw.
    Posted by goodylad21
    ah ryan went through a pack of bacci,must admit going out on the bubble nearly ended my poker career for an hour,,you been backiing daryl jacob,just remember where you heard it first ,now get on the tables and let me take you to the cleaners