You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (18th/19th)

edited December 2010 in The Football Corner
Well this is where I'd normally post up my selections for the weekend but given that there's been a few postponements already I'm gonna wait until late morning before selecting anything. There's not much worse than spending ages trawling through stats & form only to find that by the time 3pm comes around most of your games have been called off :(

As it's my birthday on Sunday I'm hoping for a winner or two tomorrow as an early treat :)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Weekend footy betting (18th/19th):
    Well this is where I'd normally post up my selections for the weekend but given that there's been a few postponements already I'm gonna wait until late morning before selecting anything. There's not much worse than spending ages trawling through stats & form only to find that by the time 3pm comes around most of your games have been called off :( As it's my birthday on Sunday I'm hoping for a winner or two tomorrow as an early treat :)
    Posted by silentbob
    Happy Birthday for Sunday mate. Good luck with your bets. Hope you have a good weekend.
  • edited December 2010
    Racing off - so will put my usual 6 quid on the footy instead.

Live game, Sunderland v Bolton, more than 2.5 goals.......Been enjoying watching these 2 play this season so looking forward to a good game.

Arsenal v Stoke - more than 2.5 goals.

Blackburn to beat West Ham at fortress Ewood.

Birmingham and Newcastle to draw.

£6 @ 18/1.

Good luck all.
  • edited December 2010
    Well once again the weather has well & truly decimated the sporting fixtures. I even had to start my coupon again after fixtures were being called off whilst putting it on!

Having said that I think I've managed to find a tasty little treble (assuming that these 3 actually go ahead)

Leeds/QPR - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/5
    Forest to beat Palace (H) @ 4/7
    AFC Wimbledon to beat Wrexham (H) @ 4/5

These 3 are paying a tasty 4/1 so I've had £8 & some loose change on it.

Trying to call a winner at Elland Road is near on impossible. Rangers lost their first league game of the season last week & it's difficult to know how that will affect them. Leeds come into this game on the back of an 8 game unbeaten run in the league. Of those 8 they've won 5 of them & their last two games have seen them come from behind to win (2-1 & home to Palace & 3-2 away to Burnley after being 2-0 down!). Both of these sides have got goals in them & Leeds fans have seen a stonking 39 goals in 10 league games at Elland Road so far this season.
    Forest go into their game at home to Palace having not played a game for 3 weeks so should be nice & fresh. So far they're unbeaten at the City Ground this season whilst Palace really haven't travelled well this term. In their 10 games on the road so far Palace have won only once (1-2 at Norwich back in October) & have lost 8! Palace have also lost 4 of their last 5 visits to the City Ground too.
    AFC Wimbledon currently sit on top of the conference & that's largely down to their impressive home form. They've only lost 1 from 10 at Kingsmeadow this season & have already beaten Wrexham away from home. 

Also, if you fancy a free £5 bet on the Chelsea-Man Utd game tomorrow then follow this link if you're not already aware of the promotion.

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoStatic&name=promotions&title=Promotions

Good luck if you manage to have a go this afternoon

Jay

• edited December 2010
    Well no early birthday treats with the betting then. AFC Wimbledon called off after I placed my bet & neither Leeds nor QPR could find that extra goal between them to win me something.

Still, I ended up about £40 up from the tables today after a 2nd place in the £60 GTD & a 1 1/2 BI profit on the cash tables so all in all a decent day.

Shame we could only manage a point at Ewood. Maybe the p orn barons will give me a present & get rid of Grant instead :)
  • edited December 2010
    Hi guys

Footie bets have been very kind to me this week.

These were all singles.
     Europa LeagueLiverpool v FC UtrechtBoth Teams to Score 15/12/2010 20:05No (Win) @ 4/5
    Europa LeagueJuventus v Man. CityUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 16/12/2010 18:00Under 2.5 Goals (Win) @ 4/5 Extra Time Does Not Count.
     Sunderland 1 v 0 Bolton WanderersUnder/Over 9.5 Corners 18/12/2010 12:45Under (9.5) @ 5/6 win 
     Ipswich Town 3 v 0 Leicester CityTotal Goals 18/12/2010 17:202-3 (Win) @ 13/8
    This treble only just let me down
     Npower ChampionshipDerby v ReadingUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 18/12/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals (Win) @ 5/6
     Npower ChampionshipHull v Bristol CityUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 18/12/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals (Win) @ 4/6
     Npower ChampionshipLeeds v Q.P.R.Under/Over 2.5 Goals 18/12/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    Unfortunately all this good work on the football has been undone by a bet on the cricket, put on in a wave of patriotism after day one which does'nt look to good now.
     The AshesAustralia v England - 3rd TestMatch Betting In Play 19/12/2010 02:30England @ 4/7
    Oh well, easy come easy go.

Be lucky

achill