You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Live TV Show on Channel 865 is CANCELLED. I blame Mother.

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi tikay

Look, we all know anything like this is ALWAYS Orfords fault ;)

Comments

• edited December 2010

As the Thread Title suggests, there will NOT be a Live Show this evening.

The weather in West London is pretty dire, it's dangerous to travel, & with the forecast of continued snow all day & evening, it's wrong to ask the Crew to risk trying to get here, & then try to return home at 1am. It took me nearly 3 hours to get here, (a 5 mile journey) & now I appear to be stuck here, as there is no way I can get back. (It's fine, the office is lovely & warm).

So, all Staff have been stood down for the day.

Wayne (GliterBabe) was due to appear on tonight's Show, so I've sent him a Text & Voicemail telling him the Show is cancelled.

Apologies from all at Channel 865. It's Mother's fault. 
  • edited December 2010

Tonight's Tourneys WILL all go ahead as normal, though, including the Main Event at 8pm.

I'll be playing the Main Event, I hope, & so I'll try & come up with a Fun Forum Comp & award some nice Freebies & prizes.

Need to get my thinking cap on, but "no Show" does not mean "no fun", so I'll deffo come up with something.   
  • edited December 2010
    Keep the heater on TK its gunna get cold 2day, roll on summer lol

Im also going to play the Main Event, so thats 22 english pounds donated to the prize pool
  • edited December 2010
    I was due to be flying back to Edinburgh from Heathrow at 4.00 yesterday afternoon,

Three trains, two taxis, and a drive later, I eventually got home at 3.00 in the morning, £320 poorer.  

GRRRRRRRRR,
  • edited December 2010

Good luck TK got a feeling  lots of people will be stuck inside and playing tonight  had heavy snow in east London

• edited December 2010

Thanks doddles.

We'll still have a good night tonight!
  • edited December 2010
    We may well get very large fields 2nite then so i think we can ALL still have alot of fun,xxx
  • edited December 2010
    Tikay if your at the studio, Host the show ur own! Grab the hands youself! haha :D
  • edited December 2010
    Ho ho ho, I've just been cruising around in it for fun while my neighbours are stuck. 400+ BHP BMW M3, Rear Wheel Drive. Lovely :-)
    Winter tyres are ace ;-)
  • edited December 2010
    very understandable - although there goes my nights plans lol.

TY for early notice Tikay.
  • edited December 2010
    HAHAHAHA

Southern softies :oD

Enjoy your day off sky team

Sledging FTW????

xx

• edited December 2010
    It's at times like this where my post on the Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... thread would come in handy.  Sadly it wasn't commissioned by the powers that be...

Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....

posted at 11/8/2010 10:29 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 25/10/2009
    Last: 17/12/2010
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    How about a once weekly show where Tikay is sat in a big comfy chair with a pot of tea beside him, maybe a nice piece of cake too.  In the background is a roaring log fire, paintings of his favourite ducks, trains, chimneys, aqueducts on the wall.

The camera pans across the room, focuses on Tikay, he stirrs from his sleep, mumbles in his semi-sleeping state, "Richard, don't go there", realises where he is and looks to camera.

Tikay welcomes the viewers to his living room, and then proceeds to tell some of the best stories you've probably ever heard regarding anything Tikay likes for the next hour.

It's so crazy, it might just work.

Posted by Machka

Can I just check this definitely isn't being commissioned?  I can't take the tension any longer.
  • edited December 2010
    LOL - Just hope its not like this for Newcastle tho
  • edited December 2010

Lol Aaron.

I SO would love to do that, even if only once. It's be the greatest thing ever.

I dream of the day that the Gallery Consoles all pack up, & we can just shoot the breeze for 4 hours. It'd be like TMS when it's raining. (TMS gets as many listeners when it's raining as when the cricket is on!).

• edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live TV Show on Channel 865 is CANCELLED. I blame Mother.:
    It's at times like this where my post on the Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... thread would come in handy.  Sadly it wasn't commissioned by the powers that be... Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... posted at 11/8/2010 10:29 PM BST on SkyPoker.com   Machka Posts: 2505 First: 25/10/2009 Last: 17/12/2010 In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : How about a once weekly show where Tikay is sat in a big comfy chair with a pot of tea beside him, maybe a nice piece of cake too.  In the background is a roaring log fire, paintings of his favourite ducks, trains, chimneys, aqueducts on the wall. The camera pans across the room, focuses on Tikay, he stirrs from his sleep, mumbles in his semi-sleeping state, "Richard, don't go there", realises where he is and looks to camera. Tikay welcomes the viewers to his living room, and then proceeds to tell some of the best stories you've probably ever heard regarding anything Tikay likes for the next hour. It's so crazy, it might just work. Posted by Machka Can I just check this definitely isn't being commissioned?  I can't take the tension any longer.
    Posted by Machka
    Good idea someone sort it out.
  • edited December 2010
    I will now also be donating £22 from last night's winnings to the Main event.

This unexpected joy is due to the weather scuppering my evenings plans :(

I will also be wearing a Bounty of a Santa's Sack seat on MY head ..So if you knock me out you win the seat..

HOWEVER if you already have a seat OR if you DO NOT type 'BOUNTY' in the chatbox within 10 secs of knocking me out.. the Bounty will transfer itself to your head and I will post your name here so everyone knows who to come after!!

We will have fun and carry on regardless!!!

Good Luck all and hope to see you on the tables!!
  • edited December 2010
    OOH and I'll be on THIS account!
  • edited December 2010

N1 LML.

I hope to donate a few freebies this evening too, but first, I'm going to take a chance & try to get back to my hotel. So until I do, best not offer up any prizes, in case I get badly delayed.

Meanwhile.....

I am just going outside and may be some time.....

• edited December 2010
    EEK!! Hope you get back safe n warm Sir!! xxx
  • edited December 2010
    LM come join us on hi lo table, blagford only 2p 4p x
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live TV Show on Channel 865 is CANCELLED. I blame Mother.:
    It's at times like this where my post on the Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... thread would come in handy.  Sadly it wasn't commissioned by the powers that be... Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... posted at 11/8/2010 10:29 PM BST on SkyPoker.com   Machka Posts: 2505 First: 25/10/2009 Last: 17/12/2010 In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : How about a once weekly show where Tikay is sat in a big comfy chair with a pot of tea beside him, maybe a nice piece of cake too.  In the background is a roaring log fire, paintings of his favourite ducks, trains, chimneys, aqueducts on the wall. The camera pans across the room, focuses on Tikay, he stirrs from his sleep, mumbles in his semi-sleeping state, "Richard, don't go there", realises where he is and looks to camera. Tikay welcomes the viewers to his living room, and then proceeds to tell some of the best stories you've probably ever heard regarding anything Tikay likes for the next hour. It's so crazy, it might just work. Posted by Machka Can I just check this definitely isn't being commissioned?  I can't take the tension any longer.
    Posted by Machka
    Lol, I imagine it would be something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwYXxyFltjM

• edited December 2010
    N1 LML. I hope to donate a few freebies this evening too, but first, I'm going to take a chance & try to get back to my hotel. So until I do, best not offer up any prizes, in case I get badly delayed. Meanwhile..... I am just going outside and may be some time.....
    Posted by tikay1
    Get back safetly tikay
  • edited December 2010
    Message to Sky News employees at Osterly. 

Remember, during these cold snaps that it is important to check on elderly neighbours who may be in need of food, drink and heating.  It will only take 5 minutes to pop next door and check they are ok*.

*try not to mention pylons, trains or ducks or you may be some time.
  • edited December 2010
    How long until ChirpyChip posts asking what time the show starts?
  • edited December 2010

Any time now......