You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Generic call/fold thread. Interesting spot..

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceA
Small blind £0.15£0.15£39.01B
Big blind £0.30£0.45£23.48 Your hole cards9J   KAM_E_RAFold    pryce6Raise £0.90£1.35£32.34C
Call £0.90£2.25£26.03min raising nit644
Fold    ACall £0.75£3.00£38.26BCall £0.60£3.60£22.88Flop  995   A
Check    BCheck    pryce6Bet £2.70£6.30£29.64CRaise £6.00£12.30£20.03AFold    BAll-in £22.88£35.18£0.00pryce6????                            

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I guess I've been fairly active at this table but literally W T F. Villain is passive and obv I'm a bit wary of the min raise. Is this a standard stackoff or can I actually consider folding??
  • edited December 2010

Regardless of the result (which i do not know), i dont think i can fold this!

Your losing to pocket 5s and trip 9s with a better kicker. so your not drawing dead. thin maybe but not dead. and you could be ahead to  89/109 or a badly played overpair!

It has to be a standard stack off imo.

• edited December 2010
    If villain is passive id expect him to 'slow play' a strong hand by calling C's raise. I call.
  • edited December 2010
    0 information included but against 2 randoms i'm giving a +1 to call. Neither C or B even have a full buyin, they're likely bad, you have trips, **** them, i'm all in too.
  • edited December 2010
    it looks like C flatted you pre with an overpair 10s-AA is likely if hes passive, B can have any random 9 so im calling too, my problem is i look for reasons to call and not to fold lol
  • edited December 2010
    The problem I had with this hand is the almost min raise from C. I was already worried about that but obv sticking it in, so surely B (seeing a 3/4 bet and a raise) must have a very strong hand to do this? Once he shipped it i'm still worried about C behind me too.

Or is assuming they know what they are doing wrong? and it's a case of "i has trips, i'm all in". 
  • edited December 2010
    Stack off if you are beat ul, i reckon passive person could easily have overpair here
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Generic call/fold thread. Interesting spot..:
    The problem I had with this hand is the almost min raise from C. I was already worried about that but obv sticking it in, so surely B (seeing a 3/4 bet and a raise) must have a very strong hand to do this? Once he shipped it i'm still worried about C behind me too. Or is assuming they know what they are doing wrong? and it's a case of "i has trips, i'm all in". 
    Posted by pryce6
    i think C would min raise you with a big pocket pair and the other guy  (B)would chk raise a random 9
    when i first looked at this hand i think fold but i can widen Bs range to pretty much any two cards, he was in BB gettin 5/1 to call pre and thinks yeah i got good odds  im calling 9x off
  • edited December 2010
    behind to 95/55/A9/K9/Q9 ahead of all other hands I don't see how you can fold.  plenty of worse 9s in Bs range.  not worried about player C at all.
  • edited December 2010
    The most interesting thing about this hand is the method with which you click the call button.

Remember we only have 10 seconds, but i'd suggest maybe jumping up running at least 2 laps of the room, whoooping, singing happy songs, then do a gentle kind of stroke the pointer call and do a hold and win maneys.

option two is less energetic and revolves around having a wheeley chair, a strong fist pumping arm and the venga boys playing from your stereo.

personally I like to combine the two but each to their own.

:-)
  • edited December 2010
    The most interesting thing about this hand is the method with which you click the call button. Remember we only have 10 seconds, but i'd suggest maybe jumping up running at least 2 laps of the room, whoooping, singing happy songs, then do a gentle kind of stroke the pointer call and do a hold and win maneys. option two is less energetic and revolves around having a wheeley chair, a strong fist pumping arm and the venga boys playing from your stereo. personally I like to combine the two but each to their own. :-)
    Posted by beaneh
    so is that a call then?..........
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Generic call/fold thread. Interesting spot.. : so is that a call then?..........
    Posted by N1CK

No it's a super fist pump celebratory venga boys inspired cawl obv.

• edited December 2010
    As scotty said. there's so many hands you're ahead of I can't click the call button quick enough!
  • edited December 2010
    call and worry i guess.
  • edited December 2010
    call and worry i guess.
    Posted by shelski

yeah tbh the world is a worrying place, wikileaks, north korea, climate change, running out of resources, having trips.....

wait no what we haz trips, dont worry, be happy...... :D
  • edited December 2010

i would call but hate it, i would love to be able to fold here but i wouldnt be able to. At the end of the day your gambling your kicker is your jack good enough? i would put the original min raiser on an over pair and the all in has to come from a 9 imo and are they in this hand with worse than 9 j? no one is shoving with worse than trip 9's here to a bet and a raise what happened

• edited December 2010
    people will put it in with worse than J9, worse nines, any nine in fact, many medium pocket pairs, gutshots, random misclicks. random gambles.  ez stack off.
  • edited December 2010
    i agree but threeway would u feel j 9 is ahead?
  • edited December 2010
    i agree but threeway would u feel j 9 is ahead?
    Posted by sharkcj

yes, see my post above where I reference the call technique I will employ.
  • edited December 2010
    yeah but i was taking the post seriously
  • edited December 2010
    yeah but i was taking the post seriously
    Posted by sharkcj
    oh so was I sir, hence the length of my reply!
  • edited December 2010
    haha, I knew it was a call but at the time my instinct told me to fold...so I did.

Pretty sick, I thought loads about it after and obv everyone calls here so I knew I should have done but I just felt this is one of those spots where u insta call and then cry when the money is shipped over the other side of the table.

I would love to see the hand though...Aisling???
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sure this will get on the clinic.  Theres a show my hand request thread in the TV section just link it in there so that someone from Sky def sees it
  • edited December 2010

please say you know the outcome.

if you dont know the outcome it means you folded.

and with J9, and the big blind pushing, ur ahead of more 9's than you are behind.

its a cooler that u have to ride.

apparently as there are 2x 9's on the flop its less likely any1 has one. so as you have one its even less likely they do, maybe they both have very large overpairs that they slowed with pree flop - and then thought pheww got away with that silly pre flop slow play lets get it in now.

as with a couple of above posters run round romm a couple of times, make sure ur back in time for the CALL.
  • edited December 2010
    haha, I knew it was a call but at the time my instinct told me to fold...so I did. Pretty sick, I thought loads about it after and obv everyone calls here so I knew I should have done but I just felt this is one of those spots where u insta call and then cry when the money is shipped over the other side of the table. I would love to see the hand though...Aisling???
    Posted by pryce6

You shouldn't be open raising J9 if you cant then  play the 99x flop.............. me no rikey your play
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Generic call/fold thread. Interesting spot.. : You shouldn't be open raising J9 if you cant then  play the 99x flop.............. me no rikey your play
    Posted by beaneh
    that's fair enough. I know I should have stacked off regardless , just felt at the time like I was behind so made the fold.