You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a strange hand indeed

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
this was on a 10 handed table, i decide to open in early position with AQ with over 200 big blinds. the opponent im against ive never seen before but this hand confused me no ends. i was very confident i was ahead with the way the betting went or at the best my oppo had a pair of tens. i decide to jam it in on the river with ace high believing he had a pair of 10's and i can get him to lay down, especially with how the hand played out and i was snap called (thinking good game well played, nice hand) then i saw what he truned over lol. anyone explain his thinking? did my allin look super weak? i mean would it really make a difference if i just typed £30 in the bet box. just confused by it tbh, the oppo didnt even tank the call was literally a second after i bet lol. or did i just butcher it plain and simple haha.

Hand History #320087000 (01:48 20/12/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
RedRoy Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £14.25
BULLYBOY10 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £51.31
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

hurst05 Raise   £2.00 £2.75 £110.20
-v- Fold        
ads927 Fold        
DannyMcs Fold        
Vik1 Fold        
V Call   £2.00 £4.75 £48.15
RedRoy Fold        
BULLYBOY10 Fold        
Flop

• J

hurst05 Bet   £3.00 £7.75 £107.20
V Raise   £6.00 £13.75 £42.15
hurst05 Call   £3.00 £16.75 £104.20
Turn

hurst05 Check        
V Bet   £5.00 £21.75 £37.15
hurst05 Raise   £14.00 £35.75 £90.20
V Call   £9.00 £44.75 £28.15
River

hurst05 All-in   £90.20 £134.95 £0.00
V All-in   £28.15 £163.10 £0.00
hurst05 Unmatched bet   £62.05 £101.05 £62.05
hurst05 Show
  • A
  • Q

V Show

V Win Pair of 8s £99.25   £99.25

Comments

• edited December 2010
    looking back the flop play wasnt brilliant in fairness
  • edited December 2010
    i dont think the turn is to clever either, its all good putting him on a hand but you have to think what your reppin and what range he puts you on, it very much looks like you have KQ here, he obviously read it the same way and went with his read,

by the way he played it id defo put him on a draw here and i would fire all streets
  • edited December 2010
    i surely thought your shove would of scared him off tbf
  • edited December 2010
    don't like your turn line here tbh, don't really see what you are trying to rep here...how does the 6 change anything, can't give you any 2prs etc....and if you had flopped 2pr/set then surely you would wanna get the money in on that draw heavy flop when only 90bb effective.

think if im gonna semi bluff then i do it flop.

river is meh i probably wouldn't shove here after he calls my turn c/r can't see him putting in half his stack and then folding on a fairly blank card.

then i go wtf lololol when he shows up with 9th pair.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: a strange hand indeed:
    don't like your turn line here tbh, don't really see what you are trying to rep here...how does the 6 change anything, can't give you any 2prs etc....and if you had flopped 2pr/set then surely you would wanna get the money in on that draw heavy flop when only 90bb effective. think if im gonna semi bluff then i do it flop. river is meh i probably wouldn't shove here after he calls my turn c/r can't see him putting in half his stack and then folding on a fairly blank card. then i go wtf lololol when he shows up with 9th pair.
    Posted by scotty77
    there is so many hands villain is calling the flop with i think you lead the flop you have to fire again on the turn with the intention of bluffing the river on a blank, what do you think?
  • edited December 2010
    On such a draw heavy flop(edit/likely board villain would hit) its not a bad idea to check and bet/re raise turn if blank falls giving up on the river if he calls no shame in that!! overplayed in my opinion. sick never the less!!

Nice to be back BTW Sky Rocks 
  • edited December 2010
    On such a draw heavy flop(edit/likely board villain would hit) its not a bad idea to check and bet/re raise turn if blank falls giving up on the river if he calls no shame in that!! overplayed in my opinion. sick never the less!! Nice to be back BTW Sky Rocks  
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Welcome back matey!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: a strange hand indeed : Welcome back matey!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    THANKS M8
  • edited December 2010
    why did you c/r turn what does that accomplish?
  • edited December 2010
    Not read the replies Hurst, but this is 'V' you're talking about lol. OBVIOUSLY he calls - he had a pair after the river, it doesn't matter what else happened in the hand lol.

Btw, do you still think I'm utter garbage out of interest? :)
  • edited December 2010
    Not read the replies Hurst, but this is 'V' you're talking about lol. OBVIOUSLY he calls - he had a pair after the river, it doesn't matter what else happened in the hand lol. Btw, do you still think I'm utter garbage out of interest? :)
    Posted by Die_hard
    its not the player -V- im talking about i just put V for villain as i was too lazy to type the word villain a number of times lol. i have no idea who you are so im just gunna say yes, yes i do ;) rofl. 

what was wierd was the insta snap call on the end, it was almost like a misclick lol but yeah played it pretty bad tbf, just wanted to advertise to everyone that i bluff off in this situation :) happy hunting.

• edited December 2010
    , by the way he played it id defo put him on a draw here and i would fire all streets
    Posted by N1CK

confused.com