You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ Full Ring facing a min 4bet 100bb deep WTF

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #320286581 (19:49 20/12/2010)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancemickjenn1Small blind £0.25£0.25£50.47scotty77Big blind £0.50£0.75£50.01 Your hole cardsQQ   jacksfoolFold    STANTHFold    EBBERDONFold    WildDogFold    -v-Fold    toni2k8Fold    bladeboy07Raise £1.50£2.25£58.48WHITMASOLFold    mickjenn1Fold    scotty77Raise £4.00£6.25£46.01bladeboy07Raise £6.00£12.25£52.48

Comments

• edited December 2010

See a flop and hope to bink a Q imo:)

I hate minraises like this, often it is AA/KK, but sometimes it isnt. without reads on villain we is guessing.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! Beaneh tilt styleeee

• edited December 2010
    Call the 2 extra quid re assess on the flop jus keeping in mind you may be faced with aa kk. May need to fold hand depending how ur opponent reacts on any given flop.
  • edited December 2010
    Well you can't raise and fold, just calling and being OOP isn't great as any K/A high flop you'll probably be pushed off with any reasonable bet. So for me just shove and get called by AA/KK.
  • edited December 2010
    Call and play poker you newb.

And stop calling my 4 bets and winning the pot :P grrrr
  • edited December 2010
    Call, I also believe villain has AA, KK or they could have AK imo

if no Ace or king on flop get it in there, obv unless you hit your queen

Call<Shove<Fold

in order of preference
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ Full Ring facing a min 4bet 100bb deep WTF:
    Call, I also believe villain has AA, KK or they could have AK imo if no Ace or king on flop get it in there, obv unless you hit your queen Call<Shove<Fold in order of preference
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    This makes no sense at all. You know AA, KK is beating QQ anyway?? They dont need to hit an ace or king on flop. Therefore getting QQ in vs AA KK on a low flop is worse odds than preflop. But I dont think they only can have AA KK. People could make this move with far weaker hands. Depends what you know about the villian.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ Full Ring facing a min 4bet 100bb deep WTF : This makes no sense at all. You know AA, KK is beating QQ anyway?? They dont need to hit an ace or king on flop. Therefore getting QQ in vs AA KK on a low flop is worse odds than preflop. But I dont think they only can have AA KK. People could make this move with far weaker hands. Depends what you know about the villian.
    Posted by 5toneFace

Villain has been known to 3bet me fairly wide on a FR table.  Seen him like min 3bet my UTG open with stuff like KT/KJ/T9s etc.  Don't have any notes that he makes wide 4bets tho....it was the size of the 4bet that had me worried here....if he'd 4bet bigger I'd probably be fine with stacking off tbf.

Anyway.....
    scotty77 Call   £3.00 £15.25 £43.01
    Flop

• J

scotty77 Check        
    bladeboy07 Bet   £7.63 £22.88 £44.85
    scotty77 Call   £7.63 £30.51 £35.38
  • edited December 2010
    and turn

• J

scotty77 Check        
    bladeboy07 Bet   £15.26 £45.77 £29.59
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to ISIT:
    Call and play poker you newb. And stop calling my 4 bets and winning the pot :P grrrr
    Posted by beaneh
    did you do a picard when that hand played out :p:p
  • edited December 2010
    also can we like min 5bet fold?  given that 5bets are so rare 100bb deep but he has made it possible to basically do a 20bb 5bet and if he does come over the top then its never AK/JJ? 
  • edited December 2010
    . Anyway..... scotty77 Call   £3.00 £15.25 £43.01 Flop     J 2 3       scotty77 Check         bladeboy07 Bet   £7.63 £22.88 £44.85 scotty77 Call   £7.63 £30.51 £35.38
    Posted by scotty77
    The only way your gonna know where u are in the hand was to re raise the flop,,,,since it is a really dry flop!! about 18quid ish sounds about right if he shoves then re think and decide to call or not. But here your allowing yourself to get suckered in if he has AA KK once theres a blank on the turn and river it id be hard to let go since u have no info on ur opponent and have invested so mutch

• edited December 2010
    if we raise the flop to 18 we have put in 50bb.  how can we then fold?
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by scotty77

What theres no law in poker that if youve invested so mutch then you cannot fold, rather just lose 50bb by getting the right info than losing my buy in and then saying in the chat box "oh i knew u had AA". raising the flop gives you a feel if you behind or not depending on ur opponents reaction and act accordingly and does give u a chance to fold.

• edited December 2010
    Posted by scotty77
    Surely the right decision is the right decision, regardless of what we have behind?

Unless we are priced in to try and hit our 2 outs, then surely we can still fold if theres no way we can be ahead?

50 bb's is v significant, if u can save 50 bigs here everytime against AA/KK.....long term thats alot of bigs?

Am I way off?????????????????????????
  • edited December 2010
    or u can just call flop fold turn and save yourself more monies
  • edited December 2010
    Why would you ever reraise fold the flop. Just call if you dont want to stack off on the flop. 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: ISIT:
    In Response to ISIT : did you do a picard when that hand played out :p:p
    Posted by scotty77

I was just like oh my fml I knew you were light pre because you flatted but I made a purrr and I didn't think there were many Queens in your range, and I could have ops so why jam an eight, I cawl oh ga;ksdjfl;kajsdf;lkj;lsda;f how does this fkkkkakksing noob fish have thatd 'l;kjasl;dkfjasdlkfjlkasdjfasdkl;fjlasdkjf;ljas;dfj

that about sums it up.

As is if I felt he could be doing something 'unusual' I would just c/c turn and check river hovering my mouse over the middle area of the 3 options that could pop up if he bets the river.

just do the old CALL AND MAKE A NOTE lawl
  • edited December 2010
    also can we like min 5bet fold?  given that 5bets are so rare 100bb deep but he has made it possible to basically do a 20bb 5bet and if he does come over the top then its never AK/JJ? 
    Posted by scotty77

stab yourself in the eye this is a maths problem!