You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Goodbye Sky

edited December 2010 in Area 51
This will probably get deleted but I'd juat likw to say goodbye.

I know I'm not the greatest player in the world but I also know I'm not the worst.  All I want is a decent shot now and again.  For the past 2 weeks I've seen every top hand I've played get turned over by massive underdogs.  Now I know that bad runs happen but this is just ridiculus!  I've had Aces turned over by 32off.  I've had 2 pairs done over and over again by 6 card outers and I've even had FH Aces and 4s (PP aces in hand) done on the river by quad 4s.  Now don't get me wrong, I've had my own suckouts (KJ against KK and I hit the flush) but these have always been few and far between (as they should be) so how come everyone sucks out against me?  How can so many players call me with Q3 off when I'm all in with kings and hit Q33 on the flop (okay so they've not all called with Q3, sometimes they've had TT and hit a T on the flop!)

I've tried this & site although the forums a great and the banter between reg players is good, the game play is not for me!

So it's with a sad sigh I say goodbye and off I go to try somewhere else.  A shame as I've put together a nice br which I was going to put on for Christmas (well at least I'll double my br when I sign up to a new site).

Goodbye and so long, see you in the world series.

smudge.

Comments

• edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    C U in the new year
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Goodbye Sky:
    lol bye
    Posted by SHANXTA
    lol Shanxta, you must get a hard-on when you see an o/p like that.

Ringpiece.
  • edited December 2010
    variance happens no matter whether you are playing on Sky, playing live or playing on facebook poker.
  • edited December 2010
    goodbye my lover. goodbye my friend!!!! sky will miss you x
  • edited December 2010
    Hey

I have had to delete a post as it breaks the forum rules.

Thank you

Sky Mod
  • edited December 2010
    Honestly what are you expecting by going to play elsewhere?

Yes you will get less bad beats, that's coz you will get your money in ahead alot less. The standard is loads better. 
    You are just making things harder for yourself, and you will soon realise this.

Good luck, you'll need it. 
  • edited December 2010
    Honestly what are you expecting by going to play elsewhere? Yes you will get less bad beats, that's coz you will get your money in ahead ALOT LESS. The standard is  LOADS BETTER.  You are just making things harder for yourself, and you will soon realise this. Good luck, you'll need it. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    EXACTLY this dohhhhhhh,this is the way i am now looking at it
  • edited December 2010
    Smudgey, i know how you feel and i really do! for last 2 months solid playing most nights i have been like that managed to get a 2nd on saturday though hopefully its going to go the other way now....

the thing is as long as you are getting in good you will profit in the long term, ok last few weeks you have had a mare as i have but dont let it affect you make sure your playing your A game and reviewing that you have made good decisions, maybe speak with someone else on here or post in the clinic if you are unsure.

Anyways if you are a goner best of luck but i gurantee that sky is softer then most sites at mo so you will become just as frustrated imo but good luck

Regards
    John
  • edited December 2010
    Hi

Variance is a weird and wonderful thing, you can go through stages where it is bang against you, it does even itself out in time, this is why BR management is so crucial, it helps to ride it out somewhat, I went through a stage of going 7 weeks of poor variance, my BR had almost gone, then, bang won a FR, and took down a £1.10 tourney, and began wining DYM SNG,s again, the it changed again back, but managed to ride through it, keeping my BR going.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Goodbye Sky :   The Yellow Brick road will lead you to another Poker Site ......... but remember you left your Heart and Courage here when you've found your Brain then ....... Click your Heels three times and repeat ........ There's no place like Sky Forum Home.?    "hey presto" you'll be back.!!  Hugs. Annie x   Well it is Panto season.?
    Posted by logdon
    Oh no it isn't:))
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Variance is a weird and wonderful thing, you can go through stages where it is bang against you, it does even itself out in time, this is why BR management is so crucial, it helps to ride it out somewhat, I went through a stage of going 7 weeks of poor variance, my BR had almost gone, then, bang won a FR, and took down a £1.10 tourney, and began wining DYM SNG,s again, the it changed again back, but managed to ride through it, keeping my BR going.
    Posted by acebarry10
    7 weeks eh you want to have a 5 month downswing,good job i had the BR