You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RIP nl80???

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
thread title says it all, have sky removed the nl80 tables completely?? cant find any of the table in the lobby all day today
if so does anyone know why they have?

Comments

• edited December 2010

I'll answer that shortly Mr Raise, I'm playing a few Tourneys right now, bear with me please.
  • edited December 2010

If they have must of only been taken today as i saw it there yesterday.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to RIP nl80???:
    thread title says it all, have sky removed the nl80 tables completely?? cant find any of the table in the lobby all day today if so does anyone know why they have?
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Mmmm. Quite a jump from NL50 to NL100 as far as BR Management is concerned I would imagine, so I can see the need for one in between.

Out of curiosity, is there much difference in player ability between these two levels? and what sort of bankroll would we need to jump from NL50 to NL100? 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP nl80???:
    In Response to RIP nl80??? : Mmmm. Quite a jump from NL50 to NL100 as far as BR Management is concerned I would imagine, so I can see the need for one in between. Out of curiosity, is there much difference in player ability between these two levels? and what sort of bankroll would we need to jump from NL50 to NL100? 
    Posted by POKERTREV

there is no difference.  80nl is full of most 50/100/200nl regs and no one is gonna use 80nl as a stepping stone to 100nl the games don't run regularly enough, usually only 1 table of 80nl running

as an aside the blind level 40p/80p just tilts me so glad its gone
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to RIP nl80???:
    thread title says it all, have sky removed the nl80 tables completely?? cant find any of the table in the lobby all day today if so does anyone know why they have?
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Hi again Mr Raise, apologies for not responding sooner. Had a bit of a difficult night last night I'm afraid, & was very tired, & a touch grumpy, when I finished playing.

Q1. Yes.

Q2. They have been monitored closely for some time now, due to almost total lack of liquidity. During the last few weeks, traffic right across the Site, on all products & formats, has been running at record Levels - & yet the 40-80NL Tables remained stubbornly deserted. So, as a matter of housekeeping & husbandry, & good technical reasons too, the decision was made in yesterday's Management Meeting to close them, & remove them.

That was done immediately, & I was charged with making it known on the Community - which I promptly forgot - my apologies.   
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: RIP nl80???:
    In Response to RIP nl80??? : Mmmm. Quite a jump from NL50 to NL100 as far as BR Management is concerned I would imagine, so I can see the need for one in between. Out of curiosity, is there much difference in player ability between these two levels? and what sort of bankroll would we need to jump from NL50 to NL100
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trev,

When you say you can see the need for them, you must be very perceptive, not to say lonely! Nobody else could see it, which is presumably why they were almost always empty.

I am afraid I have no idea of the difference betewen 50NL & 100NL, as I don't play Hold 'Em Cash except when duty calls. I cannot imagine there is a great deal of difference in skill Levels between them, to be honest.
  • edited December 2010
    yea i have to say its pretty tilting to 3bet to what you think is 10x at nl50 only to find out you are on nl80 tale and you made it 6x and got 5 callers.

appreciate the answer though, now just need to increase min buyin to 25bbs and give timebank :D