You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CITY big jessies or what

edited December 2010 in The Football Corner
watch the city game last night and i cant believe there players most of them had more clothes on than the fans and imo clearly didnt want to be there.
I only played pub footie in my adult years but if you saw some blouse come out in gloves,tights,three tops and a f ing snood (a snood for f sake i remember them first time round and the were defo for the ladies new romantics and those good with colours!) you would rub your hands together and launch them towards the swings and slides first chance you got.
im sure if your getting paid 100k a week you can get a little chilly or even run around to get warm.
i bet that was the easiset team talk moyes ever had to make "get a short sleeve shirt out the kitbag and get stuck in.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Bang on Badboy.

A bit of ralgex was all we ever used. One lad (outfield) wanted to put tracky bottoms on underneath once...........he was told in no uncertain terms to gettyfuck by our coach, who himself would stand in t-shirt and shorts on the touchline.

They are all fags, and anyone wearing one of them snood things should be booked before kick-off.
  • edited December 2010

Click on the link below to see what is rumoured to be the kit they will be wearing in their next league game:

http://www.lazyboneuk.com/products/SelkBag-2.html

• edited December 2010
    IM SURE BALLOTELLI HAD ONE OF THEM ON LAST NIGHT
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: CITY big jessies or what:
    IM SURE BALLOTELLI HAD ONE OF THEM ON LAST NIGHT
    Posted by BADBOY985
    LOL !!

FFS, Aint they heard of 'WHITE HORSE OILS'  Splash it alll over like 'Brut', then you smell like a 'real' footballer

I still put a dab of it behind each ear before i go out, the 'wannerbee wags' love it, [the over 45 ones anyway]
  • edited December 2010

Big Time Jessies!  Its a mans game ffs.

I've played/managed a sunday league team for about 10 years now and I have never let anyone in our team wear gloves or anything like that.  We have long sleeve shirts but they get rolled up as soon as the refs whistle blows.

A couple of weeks back we played a team and their striker was wearing florescent pink gloves.  I told the ref before the game that if he wears those on the pitch he would regret it.  Five mins in, one Scholesy challenge later and I had my yellow card, not proud but overall the £12 fine was well worth it.

• edited December 2010
    Big Time Jessies!  Its a mans game ffs. I've played/managed a sunday league team for about 10 years now and I have never let anyone in our team wear gloves or anything like that.  We have long sleeve shirts but they get rolled up as soon as the refs whistle blows. A couple of weeks back we played a team and their striker was wearing florescent pink gloves.  I told the ref before the game that if he wears those on the pitch he would regret it.  Five mins in, one Scholesy challenge later and I had my yellow card, not proud but overall the £12 fine was well worth it.
    Posted by Patching99
    N1 !!
    Florescent pink, playin footie thats shocking!!!........Now, going out, or playin a poker tourney, i understand
  • edited December 2010
    I remember watching Keith Wheler play in the
    3rd round of the F.A Cup against
    Norwich City for
    Leicester City in the late 70`s early 80`s, and he
    wore tights because he had such dodgy knees.
    He scored a brilliant goal that i think came 3rd in
    goal of the season on Match Of The Day.
    He had to depart this country and went to play in
    America because of his health troubles,but now is
    no longer with us due to the big C.
    He is 1 of the best in my humble opinion and gave
    me so much Football Pleasure in my younger years
    down Filbert Street.
    *** NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN THIS COUNTRY***
                   Thanks Keith you were a STAR.

• edited December 2010
    Big Time Jessies!  Its a mans game ffs.
    Posted by Patching99
    Gotta disagree with the second statement mate - Rugby is a mans' game; pro football stopped being a mans' game a long time ago.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: CITY big jessies or what : Gotta disagree with the second statement mate - Rugby is a mans' game; pro football stopped being a mans' game a long time ago.
    Posted by SALT1R3
    We can disagree then.  IMO Football is a mans game where strength power speed and skill win through.  Just cause a few players act like jessies doeasnt change that.  I have seen players do this in every sport including rugby.
  • edited December 2010
    BaCKED mAN cITY BEFORE THERE WIN TODAY FOR PREMIER LEAGUE £6 AT 14/1   AND TOTTENHSM ABOUT A £5 AT 4O/1

MANN CITY WILL BE SPENDING 50 MILL AT LEAST - GR8 VALUE   ---MAN UTD HAVENTY GOT THE BIGGER SQUAD TO DO IT

HAD £50 ON TOTTENHAM AT 11/8 BUT GONNA LAY IT OFF NOW THERE WINNING