You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Play (and cheer up) the Presenter!

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
To say I've not had a good few days would be an epic understatement.  There'll be no family Christmas in Finland this year, as our flights have been cancelled TWICE, meaning we can't now get away until Boxing Day.  Plus, I've spent 48 hours in the company of the norovirus - an uncomfortable, unpleasant and rather messy experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!

So, I need YOUR help.  Join me at the Sky Poker tables from 7pm and restore my festive spirit.

I'll be playing two tournaments this evening: the £4,000 GTD Double Stack at 8pm and the £2,000 GTD Team Sky Poker Classic at 10pm.

During non-tournament hours, I'll frequent the No Limit Hold'em cash tables.  I also plan to play some low-stakes NLO Bingo...

Familiar with that game?  It's where you sit down at a 2p/4p No Limit Omaha table, shove every hand pre-flop and hope for the best!  It's awesome fun and just what I need right now.  Hopefully, I can find a few fellow sick gamblers prepared to join me in this endeavour :)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Hey James ill join you on the bingo - maybe you can teach me some more Omaha skills.
  • edited December 2010
    Andrex Quilted for the win.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Play (and cheer up) the Presenter!:
    To say I've not had a good few days would be an epic understatement.  There'll be no family Christmas in Finland this year, as our flights have been cancelled TWICE, meaning we can't now get away until Boxing Day.  Plus, I've spent 48 hours in the company of the norovirus - an uncomfortable, unpleasant and rather messy experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! So, I need YOUR help.  Join me at the Sky Poker tables from 7pm and restore my festive spirit. I'll be playing two tournaments this evening: the £4,000 GTD Double Stack at 8pm and the £2,000 GTD Team Sky Poker Classic at 10pm. During non-tournament hours, I'll frequent the No Limit Hold'em cash tables.  I also plan to play some low-stakes NLO Bingo... Familiar with that game?  It's where you sit down at a 2p/4p No Limit Omaha table, shove every hand pre-flop and hope for the best!  It's awesome fun and just what I need right now.  Hopefully, I can find a few fellow sick gamblers prepared to join me in this endeavour :)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Blimey!

Run better James.

At least you havn't been stuck in Heathrow for days and days.
  • edited December 2010
    NLO Bingo? I think I might have just whimpered a little - shame I won't be able to join you at the tables....

For those of you who are tempted to try a bit of Omaha, this is the PERFECT setting!

Omaha - lots of excitement
    2/4p - smallest stakes possible.
    James Haritgan with some kind of Novovirus/Finland disappointments - some obvious run bad.

Get involved, imho.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Play (and cheer up) the Presenter!:
    NLO Bingo? I think I might have just whimpered a little - shame I won't be able to join you at the tables.... For those of you who are tempted to try a bit of Omaha, this is the PERFECT setting! Omaha - lots of excitement 2/4p - smallest stakes possible. James Haritgan with some kind of Novovirus/Finland disappointments - some obvious run bad. Get involved, imho.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    +1
  • edited December 2010
    playing a few tournaments but will be looking out for the NLO Bingo for sure
  • edited December 2010
    Symathise with the norovirus james. It hit our residential last year and all the other schools went down with it.  It was like army precision keeping our kids safe and away from getting the projecting vomiting!  Will try and drop in to say 'merry xmas'.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey James ill join you on the bingo - maybe you can teach me some more Omaha skills.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Ah, the beauty of NLO Bingo is that there is NO skill involved!  And you only need to use two buttons: "All-in" and "Reload" :)
  • edited December 2010
    I'm now also playing Tikay's Sleepstack at 7pm!

• edited December 2010
    its great fun, how many buyins have you got James?
    A few of us did this about a year ago, was a good laugh but 1 or 2 regs did />100 buyins GREAT FUN.
    I will have a go at it later on, 11 ish if a game is going.
    Lets hope nobody ruins the games by folding.
  • edited December 2010
    I continue to run bad...

AA<TT.  All-in on a J-high flop.  Villain hit on the river.

So, I'm already down to 740 in the Sleepstack :(

• edited December 2010
    James can you let me know when u going onto the NLO tables please. I really fancy a shot - i have satted into the main event.

And James i lost my reload button - do you wish to donate ?
  • edited December 2010
    At least the weather is trying to make you feel like you are in Finland... ...ooh, and the 49ers can still win their division!
    Posted by mmmchips
    how bonkers is that?????????
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Play (and cheer up) the Presenter! : how bonkers is that?????????
    Posted by lozgo
    I've already tweeted on this subject...

I don't believe that ANY team should be allowed into the Play-offs with a 7-9 record.  It's beyond silly!

• edited December 2010
    First break in the Sleepstack: I'm keeping my head above water with a 12bb stack!

Meanwhile, the 8pm main event has just started - and I've won the first hand, boosting my starting stack to 4,500.  BOOM!

• edited December 2010
    Made it to the first break in the £4k Double Stack.  I have 4,690 (47bbs) and am ranked 129th out of 235 players.

Still alive in the Sleepstack!  I'm one of the shorties with <10bbs.  12 players remain.

• edited December 2010
    Sorry, there are actually 15 players left in the Sleepstack.  To be fair, Tikay should have been eliminated an hour ago.  He's got his money in behind at least five times, but keeps getting there on the river!

• edited December 2010
    Well, I exited the Sleepstack in 15th place, after running KJ into KK.  Ho-hum...

• edited December 2010
    i will sit at a nlo table now, need to have some fun, remember folks all in every hand.  If you fold then you will be SHOT.
  • edited December 2010
    Lost my focus in the Double Stack and busted in 180th place.

Anyway...

Let's play some NLO Bingo :)

A reminder of the rules:

* The game is 2p/4p No Limit Omaha.
    * All players MUST go all-in pre-flop, regardless of their hole cards; folding is not allowed.
    * There is absolutely no skill involved at all.
    * And that's it!

I'm at Bideford - with freechips1.

• edited December 2010
    Well, that was fun :)

Not sure how much I lost, but I know that freechips1 walked away with a £100+ profit!  (I should point out that phil12uk and SoLack also contributed to his bankroll.)

Anyway, I'm now attempting to make a run in the TSP Classic...

• edited December 2010
    Well, that was fun :) Not sure how much I lost, but I know that freechips1 walked away with a £100+ profit!  (I should point out that phil12uk and SoLack also contributed to his bankroll.) Anyway, I'm now attempting to make a run in the TSP Classic...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    whoo i got posision on you - therefore your heads mine :)
  • edited December 2010
    One hour into the TSP Classic - and I'm really happy with the way I'm playing.

Currently 20th out of 88 players - with a stack of 6.135 (41bbs).

• edited December 2010
    One hour into the TSP Classic - and I'm really happy with the way I'm playing. Currently 20th out of 88 players - with a stack of 6.135 (41bbs).
    Posted by J-Hartigan

One for the archives!

• edited December 2010
    I started off so well, but, as usual, got tired and lost focus.  Busted in 46th place, by making a stupid move which I would never have made if I was half-awake.

Anyway, that's me done for tonight.  I'll be back tomorrow, playing in the Bumper Bounty Hunter at 8pm!

• edited December 2010
    sure you dont wanna play more bingo?