You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

slow playing the bubble

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
i was playing a £250G bounty hunter today, got to a stage where i was the small stack the bubble was 10 and 11 players left so i started slow play ( as you do ) better to get payed than not. then i started getting grief from two other players they said i should be there to win and not cash, and was more or less wasting the game for them. so i would like to know in most peoples opinion who`s correct?  p.s I went on to win the tourney and cashed just under £100.

Hey

I have edited this post, please do not name names, it is against forum rules

Thank you for your understanding

Sky Mod

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Hi RAB

It is your money, and you may play as you wish, as far as I can see, slow playing is all part of poker.
  • edited December 2010
    Common practice and until sky bring in hand for hand it will continue.

Nothing wrong with it and sometimes i've slow played to help out the short stack on my table. 
  • edited December 2010
    I think we all do it, well i know i do LOL
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: slow playing the bubble:
    Hi RAB It is your money, and you may play as you wish, as far as I can see, slow playing is all part of poker.
    Posted by acebarry10
    thanks for your reply barry just didn`t like the abuse and since i went on to win didn`t see where i was going wrong  cheers m8
  • edited December 2010
    The time bar is there to be used by you. Its up to you if you want to let timer run befor you fold. Same as sattilites... you will find it happen in every single one.. Whe20 players left top 19 get in. Lots of people will slow play.

Nothign wrong with it just keep playing how you are. The people moaning at you prob had big stacks. But if it was other way around i bet you they would slow play aswell if they was in ur postion.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: slow playing the bubble : thanks for your reply barry just didn`t like the abuse and since i went on to win didn`t see where i was going wrong  cheers m8
    Posted by RAB642
    Hey

If you have been abused at the tables, please report it to Customer Care, they will need the table ID, they can then take the apropriate action.

Thank you

Sky Mod
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: slow playing the bubble : thanks for your reply barry just didn`t like the abuse and since i went on to win didn`t see where i was going wrong  cheers m8
    Posted by RAB642
    No problem

If you suffer abuse at the tables, I would suggets contacting Customer Care :)

*edit, beaten by sky mod lol
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: slow playing the bubble : No problem If you suffer abuse at the tables, I would suggets contacting Customer Care :) *edit, beaten by sky mod lol
    Posted by acebarry10
    its ok it was just a couple of muppets lol  cheers anyway
  • edited December 2010
    The time bar is there to be used by you. Its up to you if you want to let timer run befor you fold. Same as sattilites... you will find it happen in every single one.. Whe20 players left top 19 get in. Lots of people will slow play. Nothign wrong with it just keep playing how you are. The people moaning at you prob had big stacks. But if it was other way around i bet you they would slow play aswell if they was in ur postion.
    Posted by shaun09
    they did have big stacks but not as big as mine at the end lol    cheers m8
  • edited December 2010
    "I went on to win the tourney and cashed just under £100"

Nuff said!

Well played, Rab! And don't worry yourself over what some ..er.. people think or say, play your game and reap the rewards!

Chris
  • edited December 2010
    I,d call it good tactics

its the same with satelittes

i often watch the other table at the same time and most ppl are doing on that table as well

As the above have said don,t  let the negative chatters get to u - if its gonna help u cash let it run down all day long

Ps - you can always untick the  "show winning hand " box then if its folded to you on the BB you can use extra seconds there as you get time to show or muck
  • edited December 2010
    im sure ive done this a few times too

one big incident i had FT 6th place meant nearly double that of 7th. i was next to act when two people shoved - i had A9 and a short stack with 3 people to act behind. I watched the full other hand being played before realising i was on FT then i shoved.

My shove got through but  few people disliked it - i went on to come second.

All part of the game sir - and if people arent happy - then thats what the speed games for.
  • edited December 2010
    diggerman , your alive!!
  • edited December 2010
    diggerman , your alive!!
    Posted by pod1
    Just about! Apparently I'm defying all the known rules of nature and should've been dead about four and a half years ago! lol
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to slow playing the bubble:
    i was playing a £250G bounty hunter today, got to a stage where i was the small stack the bubble was 10 and 11 players left so i started slow play ( as you do ) better to get payed than not. then i started getting grief from two other players they said i should be there to win and not cash, and was more or less wasting the game for them. so i would like to know in most peoples opinion who`s correct?  p.s I went on to win the tourney and cashed just under £100. Hey I have edited this post, please do not name names, it is against forum rules Thank you for your understanding Sky Mod
    Posted by RAB642
    Apparently a lot of people agree, and are just like you, it can't be called unsporting, because poker is not a sport, more a sedentary pursuit, occupational for some. People of your ilk, and there are a lot of you!, prove that by slow playing, it has nothing whatsoever to do with fun, but with pure ' PROFIT ' and maybe greed?.
    Kind regards
  • edited December 2010
    IMO -- it is fik!!--- if the other table are doing it, then whats the point?--it just means you play fewer hands before the blinds go up, and have less chance of getting a premium hand before you are blinded out and forced to shove with rubbish
  • edited December 2010
    IMO -- it is fik!!--- if the other table are doing it, then whats the point?--it just means you play fewer hands before the blinds go up, and have less chance of getting a premium hand before you are blinded out and forced to shove with rubbish
    Posted by oynutter
    i see where your coming from, only problem is if you dont get the premium hand your stack goes down quicker and you end up shoving with rubbish anyway?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to slow playing the bubble : Apparently a lot of people agree, and are just like you, it can't be called unsporting, because poker is not a sport, more a sedentary pursuit, occupational for some. People of your ilk, and there are a lot of you!, prove that by slow playing, it has nothing whatsoever to do with fun, but with pure ' PROFIT ' and maybe greed?. Kind regards
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    the bubble is the worst place to go out on, and the fact i had no playable hands was a factor, but greed and profit are a bit strong success is more like it, whether to cash or win its better to go out with something.

p.s remember we all pay to play.