You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time bank

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
any chance sky are looking at introducing a time bank in the near future at all? would make life alot easier if we had that little extra time to make big decisions especially when multi-tabling. been a few times where ive had to make rushed decisions because of nearly timing out...

Comments

• edited December 2010

In cash mayb but not Mtt! We will have to wait even longer for the bubble to burst in an event :D

Id say cut down on how many tables you are multiabling. makign quick decisions is surly part of multi tabling?

• edited December 2010
    yeah but say you get 2 difficult spots when youa re playing 6+ tables you need to fold 4 of them then think about what the f to do on the remaining 2 inside 10seconds is it?
  • edited December 2010
    Play ur important hands 1st. if need be let the tables where u need to fold time out.... Mind you i have timed out when iv raised and re raised and then shoved on when i have the nutz flush, with no paired board, which did annoy me off lol

Just concentrate on the impotant decsion.. if it really is a hard one, i thought thats a skill you need to play multi?
  • edited December 2010
    time banks would not work on the tv tables since it could take forever to showcase a bunch of quality hands, but they could be called speed tables whilst introducing something like a 30 second time bank on non-televised cash game tables
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: time bank:
    Play ur important hands 1st. if need be let the tables where u need to fold time out.... Mind you i have timed out when iv raised and re raised and then shoved on when i have the nutz flush, with no paired board, which did annoy me off lol Just concentrate on the impotant decsion.. if it really is a hard one, i thought thats a skill you need to play multi?
    Posted by shaun09

If you're possibly betting hundreds of pounds, it's reasonable to want more than 10 seconds per street to think about it.  Even if you're one tabling you could want/need more than 10 seconds for a street. 

You can always turn off the time banks around the bubble in tournaments.

Sky really needs timebanks! (has done since forever, i'm sure it was to do with everything being on tv and the timings but it's really needed).
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: time bank : If you're possibly betting hundreds of pounds, it's reasonable to want more than 10 seconds per street to think about it.  Even if you're one tabling you could want/need more than 10 seconds for a street.  You can always turn off the time banks around the bubble in tournaments. Sky really needs timebanks! (has done since forever, i'm sure it was to do with everything being on tv and the timings but it's really needed).
    Posted by beaneh

For some 24 tabling nit regs... a time bank is very important :P
  • edited December 2010
    In cash mayb but not Mtt! We will have to wait even longer for the bubble to burst in an event :D Id say cut down on how many tables you are multiabling. makign quick decisions is surly part of multi tabling?
    Posted by shaun09
    sky needs it, if it wants to continue expanding as an online poker site. people have already stated things like hand for hand, antes etc need to be introduced, if you have hand for hand then having a time bank in tournies wont matter a great deal.

i presume you dont multi-table then? its alot harder than you think, not every decision you can make within 10 seconds or less. im reluctant to keep having to make big decisions for big pots in 10 seconds or less.
  • edited December 2010
    +1 on the above btw

Timebanks, Antes and H4H is certainly need. It does get a little annoying - sats are most important imo too.  
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: time bank : For some 30 tabling nit regs... a time bank is very important :P
    Posted by simuk

lawl meow

FYP rotfl
  • edited December 2010
    Play ur important hands 1st. if need be let the tables where u need to fold time out.... Mind you i have timed out when iv raised and re raised and then shoved on when i have the nutz flush, with no paired board, which did annoy me off lol Just concentrate on the impotant decsion.. if it really is a hard one, i thought thats a skill you need to play multi?
    Posted by shaun09

I agree but thats because I can,t multitable more than about 3
  • edited December 2010
    I multitable 6 tables max, As i only have 1 screen and not a person who will buy a second monitor to open more tables. But i can play 6 tables ok, But this is low stakes and i agree it must be harder with high stakes!

What if you have 3 important decsions and need time bank on all 3, the time youv clicked for 2 time banks you would have nearly ran out of other tables hehe

I dunno im not good so dont listen to me init.