You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet sizing against straight draws? Calling straight draws on flushing boards?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys, until the complete stupidity on the river how's my bet sizing in this hand? I slowed down on the turn when the third heart hit, was I right to do so? Was my opponent right to call given the flushing board?

Don't know what happened on the river :0(

It's like i'm trying to throw my money at the guy who has drawn out on me, and the stupid thing is I have done this over and over again.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gizzer Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.70
RedHouse Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.07
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

TopChef772 Fold     
AAA Call  £0.04 £0.10 £6.83
Tom81 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £1.89
gizzer Call  £0.02 £0.16 £1.68
RedHouse Raise  £0.32 £0.48 £5.75
AAA Call  £0.32 £0.80 £6.51
Tom81 Call  £0.32 £1.12 £1.57
gizzer Fold     
Flop

• Q

RedHouse Bet  £1.12 £2.24 £4.63
AAA Call  £1.12 £3.36 £5.39
Tom81 Fold     
Turn

RedHouse Bet  £1.68 £5.04 £2.95
AAA Call  £1.68 £6.72 £3.71
River

RedHouse Check     
AAA All-in  £3.71 £10.43 £0.00
RedHouse All-in  £2.95 £13.38 £0.00
AAA Unmatched bet  £0.76 £12.62 £0.76
RedHouse Show
  • A
  • Q

AAA Show

AAA Win Straight to the 10 £11.67  £12.43

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Bet on flop is fine

Bet on turn is only half pot. This is not enuf to price people off draws imo. If you are going to bet pot on flop, you prob need to continue on turn pot size too.

River is a check fold.

• edited December 2010
    dont mean to be rude but i see alot of people do this and its as if their thought process is "
    well all the draws got there so i better check/call just to make sure they do have it so i can moan about a bad beat"
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bet sizing against straight draws? Calling straight draws on flushing boards?:
    dont mean to be rude but i see alot of people do this and its as if their thought process is " well all the draws got there so i better check/call just to make sure they do have it so i can moan about a bad beat"
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    or put a really weak blocker out then snap call it off
  • edited December 2010
    Alright alright I told you that bit was stupid.

Honestly I think it's the curse of a bad player, even when I know i'm beat I somehow convince my finger that I could be wrong... cus well... I'm not good enough to be certain i'm beat lol.

No complaints about a bad beat from me (don't consider a big draw getting there a bad beat).

Now if only I can convince myself that A CORRECT FOLD IS A WON HAND!!!!! I might stand a chance.

It's kind of like, S*** the draws got there best check, hmmm did he shove just cus I checked? I call. FML!