You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday night LIVE on 865! The official show thread

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Yes, thought I'd start early!

I think this is the first live show on the channel since the Great Snowfall of 2010. So, I'm looking forward to it. I'm a bit sketchy on the details of what's going to be on the show tonight as I haven't actually gone to the office yet. But I do know that our featured tourney will be the Sky Sports 8pm Bounty Hunter.

I also have no idea who will be sat alongside me on analyst duties. But unless it's Tikay, I'm sure they'll know what they're talking about ;)

As for topics of conversation this evening- we'll have the usual poker questions and hand requests, obv. But for fun, how about:

What's the weirdest Christmas you've ever done?

Maybe you were stuck in traffic, or spent it in a labour ward- you get the drift. Or should that be snow-drift. Thanks. I'm here all night.

See you at 8!

Comments

• edited December 2010

Early? Start early? It's mid-afternoon, you lazy donkey.
  • edited December 2010

Hi Rich have a great show am in the Semi so with a bit of luck i'll make Main Event gl 2 all
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Thursday night LIVE on 865! The official show thread:
    Yes, thought I'd start early! I think this is the first live show on the channel since the Great Snowfall of 2010. So, I'm looking forward to it. I'm a bit sketchy on the details of what's going to be on the show tonight as I haven't actually gone to the office yet. But I do know that our featured tourney will be the Sky Sports 8pm Bounty Hunter. I also have no idea who will be sat alongside me on analyst duties. But unless it's Tikay, I'm sure they'll know what they're talking about ;) As for topics of conversation this evening- we'll have the usual poker questions and hand requests, obv. But for fun, how about: What's the weirdest Christmas you've ever done? Maybe you were stuck in traffic, or spent it in a labour ward- you get the drift. Or should that be snow-drift. Thanks. I'm here all night. See you at 8!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    What do you want, Rich, the good news, or the bad news?

• edited December 2010

And ANOTHER thing Orford.

MUST we have a Christmas-related topic tonight?

Can't we do something nice?
  • edited December 2010
    Evening Chaps,
    Wont make it tonight due to Xmas celebrations in London after work.
    I just wanted to congratulate Pool8 and Connorshay1 who along with my good self qualified for the Sky £220 DS at the end of the month.
    Very much looking forward to it.
    Was a good tournament last night (£48 semi final) and a very good standard throughout.

Merry Xmas
  • edited December 2010
    WooHoo! A live show again at last! Seems like ages!

Of course, the show cancellations, the heavy snowfalls and the pathetic Xmas No.1 by Matt somebody or other must ALL be blamed on........

ORFORD! ;)

Have a great show guys!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday night LIVE on 865! The official show thread:
    Evening Chaps, Wont make it tonight due to Xmas celebrations in London after work. I just wanted to congratulate Pool8 and Connorshay1 who along with my good self qualified for the Sky £220 DS at the end of the month. Very much looking forward to it. Was a good tournament last night (£48 semi final) and a very good standard throughout. Merry Xmas
    Posted by Small_Dog
    Nice one Poodle, well done.

I have some really good news for you, Connor & pooly.

In the £220 Deepie you qualified for, one of the players will be..........Orford!

Get in!
  • edited December 2010

Also in tonight's Show........

Three err, "special" enties in tonight's £15,000 guaranteed Sky Sports BH are.......

Lisa-Marie "Love you" Long

James "Sorry, I'm having my Dinner" Hartigan

"Tricky" Trevor Harris.

There are two Guarantees. The Prize Pool will be £15,000 MINIMUM.

And LML, Horatio, & Tricky Trev can expect a torrent of abuse from the Studio.

You know it makes sense.

SPECIAL BONUS - whoever busts LML, Horatio, & Trev will get a free PRIMO SEAT, worth £55 quid.

How easy is that?

Bust themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • edited December 2010

I gather there will ALSO be a free TOTTY Entry for tonight's "DisasterMind" winner.

• edited December 2010

And................

As it's effectively our Christmas Special, all the thousands of gifts I have been given - well, just the one - will be opened "on air".

I believe Mother, who has a bit of a thing for me, has got me a special prressie.

Watch & weep.

I've got Orford a pressie, too. Apparel. I'll insist he wears it. ;) 
  • edited December 2010
    And................ As it's effectively our Christmas Special, all the thousands of gifts I have been given - well, just the one - will be opened "on air". I believe Mother, who has a bit of a thing for me, has got me a special prressie. Watch & weep. I've got Orford a pressie, too. Apparel. I'll insist he wears it. ;) 
    Posted by Tikay10
    hope its elephant pants,that would be funny
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Rich and Tikay
           I hope the show goes well tonight because i know how much Tikay is looking forward to Christmas, i think his fav bit is listening to all those really funny stories about people enjoying there christmas.
           Im sure really that he loves this time of year and that he cant wait for his fav t.v. show to come on the box, the one where Davina visits all those poor sick people in hospital and really cheers them up.
           I know that if Tikay was in hospital over christmas the sight of Davina walking down the ward would have him back on his feet in no time, and running out the hosiptal looking for the nearest express train to jump in front of.
           Hope you both have a great christmas, oppps well at least you Rich .
                                                       Regards   Mick .
  • edited December 2010

Mick.

Did I ever tell you I don't love you.

That Post has put me on life-tilt.

If I was in Hossie on a heart pacemaker, & Davina strode into the Ward, trust me, I'd snap turn the thing off. Lesser of two evils, see.

• edited December 2010
    Also in tonight's Show........ Three err, "special" enties in tonight's £15,000 guaranteed Sky Sports BH are....... Lisa-Marie "Love you" Long James "Sorry, I'm having my Dinner" Hartigan "Tricky" Trevor Harris. There are two Guarantees. The Prize Pool will be £15,000 MINIMUM. And LML, Horatio, & Tricky Trev can expect a torrent of abuse from the Studio. You know it makes sense. SPECIAL BONUS - whoever busts LML, Horatio, & Trev will get a free PRIMO SEAT, worth £55 quid. How easy is that? Bust themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Everyone, hope you all have a fun show tonight, Im very sorry not be in the bounty hunter tonight, if I were
    id be known as Ed"rediculously under the thunb"Giddins and hence I am off to the mrs' work  chrimbo do, catch you all soon.

• edited December 2010
    wooooooo just got in look forward to the show tonight, lets have some fun
  • edited December 2010
    I will always remember Christmas 2000.

We were living in a village in central France, my daughter was born 3 weeks early on December 21st.

The hospital kept my wife and daughter in over Christmas which left me to fend for myself and our 2 1/2 year old son.

So Christmas Dinner consisted of a tin of Ravioli, followed by as many chocolates as my son could eat.

I even had the traditional Christmas left overs meal covered, as it was a family size tin of Ravioli.

There was no Wizard of Oz or Queens Speech but we did tune into the 'English hour' on Canal +, which included Captain Pugwash and The Thuderbirds!

• edited December 2010
    I'm SO gonna win!!!
  • edited December 2010

Is there gonna be a MasterCash Live Show on Xmas Day ?
  • edited December 2010
    WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE ORFORD, TIKAY, ED-GIDDENS, LISA-MARIE AND JAMES HARTIGHAN MAYBE SKY COULD THIS ONE NIGHT ????

F.A.O Orford

posted at 23/12/2010 3:43 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com

First: 5/1/2010
    Last: 23/12/2010
    After seeing Danni Behr recently on Celeb Come Dine  With Me I was wondering if you,d been asked at all to do this and if so would you be up for it?

I think it would provide some great entertainment for all the forum peeps and your viewers on 865
  • edited December 2010
      Is there gonna be a MasterCash Live Show on Xmas Day ?
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    No Michael. The next Live Show after tonight will be next Wednesday, & it will be a MASTERCASH. On Thursday, the £220 Biggie Tourney will form the basis of the Live Show.

In bad news, Orford is the Presenter next Wednesday.

In good news, I'll be the analyst. Or, as someone described me in a thread on "Sky Poker Channel" a few days ago, I am an "anylist". In fact, I was described as an "amuture anylist". I did not dare reply to point out the irony.....  
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Thursday night LIVE on 865! The official show thread : What do you want, Rich, the good news, or the bad news?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh, run bad anyone?
  • edited December 2010
    Also in tonight's Show........ Three err, "special" enties in tonight's £15,000 guaranteed Sky Sports BH are....... Lisa-Marie "Love you" Long James "Sorry, I'm having my Dinner" Hartigan "Tricky" Trevor Harris. There are two Guarantees. The Prize Pool will be £15,000 MINIMUM. And LML, Horatio, & Tricky Trev can expect a torrent of abuse from the Studio. You know it makes sense. SPECIAL BONUS - whoever busts LML, Horatio, & Trev will get a free PRIMO SEAT, worth £55 quid. How easy is that? Bust themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh deep, deep Xmas joy. Twill be a season of badwill to all Sky Poker presenters...or your money back...
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday night LIVE on 865! The official show thread : hope its elephant pants,that would be funny
    Posted by stokefc
    ...it will need to be to contain my trunk, frankly
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday night LIVE on 865! The official show thread : Hi Everyone, hope you all have a fun show tonight, Im very sorry not be in the bounty hunter tonight, if I were id be known as Ed"rediculously under the thunb"Giddins and hence I am off to the mrs' work  chrimbo do, catch you all soon.
    Posted by EdGiddins
    ***** whipped :)

Have a good time mate!
  • edited December 2010
    I will always remember Christmas 2000. We were living in a village in central France, my daughter was born 3 weeks early on December 21st. The hospital kept my wife and daughter in over Christmas which left me to fend for myself and our 2 1/2 year old son. So Christmas Dinner consisted of a tin of Ravioli, followed by as many chocolates as my son could eat. I even had the traditional Christmas left overs meal covered, as it was a family size tin of Ravioli. There was no Wizard of Oz or Queens Speech but we did tune into the 'English hour' on Canal +, which included Captain Pugwash and The Thuderbirds!
    Posted by TheDart
    Thanks mate- for actually posting an answer to my topic question! :)

Any other weird and wonderful Xmas experiences?

I once spent the Eve before Xmas Eve with an octogenarian duck-lover. True story.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Thursday night LIVE on 865! The official show thread : No Michael. The next Live Show after tonight will be next Wednesday, & it will be a MASTERCASH. On Thursday, the £220 Biggie Tourney will form the basis of the Live Show. In bad news, Orford is the Presenter next Wednesday. In good news, I'll be the analyst. Or, as someone described me in a thread on "Sky Poker Channel" a few days ago, I am an "anylist". In fact, I was described as an "amuture anylist". I did not dare reply to point out the irony.....  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Tikay for letting me know shall be watching both have a good  Xmas

ps just got through 5pm BH Semi
  • edited December 2010
    MY STORY IS BOXING DAY, THE FAMILY GOES TO MY PARENT`S EVERY YEAR FOR BOXNG DAY EXCEPT ME BECAUSE OFF WORK BUT AFTER 6YRS OF NOT MAKING IT AND NOW I HAVE TWO BABY GIRLS DECIDED TEN YEARS AGO I WOULD NOT WORK, AS IT TURNED OUT THE BOXING DAY TURNED INTO A BOXING MATCH BETWEEN MY DAD ( WHO WAS ON CRUTCHES) AND MY BRO, ME BEING THE PASSIVE ONE CALMED IT DOWN SO GOT MY BRO TO TAKE A WALK  BUT HE CAME FLYING BACK SO I ENDED UP DOING A RUGBY TACKLE ON HIM TO STOP HIM GETTING TO MY DAD, BAD MOVE AS I ALREADY BRUISED RIBS, THIS YEAR I`M GONG TO MY PARENT`S AFTER TEN YRS OFF MISSING AGAIN SO HOPEFULLY NOW WHERE OLDER NOT QUITE WISER IT WILL BE PEACEFUL, WOULD TIKAY BE THE BOUNCER JUST IN CASE, LOL
  • edited December 2010
    Any more comedy Xmas stories guys?

I've got four hours to fill in a minute! Jeez, can't get the staff these days... ;)
  • edited December 2010

Hiya Rich

How did you know her name was Christmas

• edited December 2010
    hi rich and tk
      great to see u back on the show together.

thought i help you out rich  Probably one of the weirdest christmas was the one i spent in vegas.  You would never have known it was a  different day there business as usual.  Fun though.

The second was when the red flu bug was around(rich dont you dare mention senior member again because you dont know it)   Everyone was just to ill to eat the dinner that was cooked.  never wasted so much food.

Merry xmas Rich

Happy holidays tk