You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU/blind on blind - shallow stacked - tactics?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic

This is a pretty huge subject, about how to play from the small blind in a heads up situation.
I have loads of questions, I wrote out a post and it just made no sense, so will try to keep it simple and hope I get something out of it.

(out of interest has anyone ever taken HU sngs really seriously? like played a load of them??)

Both stacks are 10 big blinds.

My playable range from the small blind is going to be all pairs, aces kings, queens and suited jacks.

Is it correct to jam 100% of this range? Or is it ever correct to try and induce here?

If min raising to induce with 88+ AJs+ is a valid tactic, it also allows me to build in total junk hands as a steal? For example min raise then fold w/ 2-3o to balance the times that I'm min raising aces?.....

But then raise/folding from a 10xbb stack is terrible? - so is the above just wrong? 8 bigs is still a winable situation when the average is 10x??????

Obviously we adapt to our opponent, but for this discussion just assume he plays a solid game, but is abit too tight when playing a 10xbb stack.

I'm hoping this post will get going, as I have loadsssssssss I wanna talk about. 

Comments