You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A GOOD DEED INDEED

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
I work for BT and at work today i got a text saying when i finish the job i am on i can go home this was about 1 o`clock
Job was a fault on an old ladies phone so important to get it done, she lived at the bottom of a close, road was like glass with all the snow compacted and then frozen over
Got my van in OK and started fixing the fault, was offered a cup of tea which i accepted, she appologised as she had run out of milk
I fixed the fault about 2:30, lovely lady so offered to pick up some bits from the shop for her as she couldn`t go out as it was too slippery
Got a list of items she needed and popped to shop and bought back items she was very happy and i felt good for doing a good deed
Back into my van about 3:15 and was looking forward to getting home, although i had driven in and out 3 times the van just slid on the ice, tried everything but i was stuck.
Called AA and they sent a van out and he arrived at 17:10, tried to get me moving but was still stuck , he called his control for a larger vehicle and said they would be along very soon,he tried to drive away and he got stuck as well
Large vehicle arrived at 20:00 and got us both out, got home at 20:25 and do you know what
I am still glad i picked up her groceries for her
Will of course get very very drunk tonight but not to get into the christmas spirit as i am already there

A very merry christmas to all and please do not forget
An old lady is not just for christmas

Gary  

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Nice one.

Definitely not Tikay in a dress, then?
  • edited December 2010

In Response to A GOOD DEED INDEED:

I work for BT and at work today i got a text saying when i finish the job i am on i can go home this was about 1 o`clock Job was a fault on an old ladies phone so important to get it done, she lived at the bottom of a close, road was like glass with all the snow compacted and then frozen over Got my van in OK and started fixing the fault, was offered a cup of tea which i accepted, she appologised as she had run out of milk I fixed the fault about 2:30, lovely lady so offered to pick up some bits from the shop for her as she couldn`t go out as it was too slippery Got a list of items she needed and popped to shop and bought back items she was very happy and i felt good for doing a good deed Back into my van about 3:15 and was looking forward to getting home, although i had driven in and out 3 times the van just slid on the ice, tried everything but i was stuck. Called AA and they sent a van out and he arrived at 17:10, tried to get me moving but was still stuck , he called his control for a larger vehicle and said they would be along very soon,he tried to drive away and he got stuck as well Large vehicle arrived at 20:00 and got us both out, got home at 20:25 and do you know what I am still glad i picked up her groceries for her Will of course get very very drunk tonight but not to get into the christmas spirit as i am already there A very merry christmas to all and please do not forget An old lady is not just for christmas Gary  
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Legendary. It is folk like you who make Christmas special.

That old lady would not swap what you done for a diamond necklace.

Have a good one m8.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: A GOOD DEED INDEED:
    Nice one. Definitely not Tikay in a dress, then?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hi Vince
    Come to think of it was a resemblance and did ask for hot chocolate
    mmmmmm

Merry Christmas Vince

Gary