You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another call or fold scenario

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
This was from tonights Vegas quarted final. Top 3 gets entry to the semi final with 4 players left on the final table.... Would u call or fold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Keevil Small blind  600.00 600.00 5640.00
wingers719 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 5905.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

GREGHOGG Fold     
pokarito All-in  66450.00 68250.00 0.00
Keevil All-in  5640.00 73890.00 0.00
wingers719 Fold     
pokarito Unmatched bet  60210.00 13680.00 60210.00
Keevil Show
  • K
  • K

pokarito Show
  • A
I kinda geussed he had an Ace but called none the less. Was i wrong to call in this position?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    UGH dont mean to be rude but il save everyone else time and effort "CALL" is the answere to ur question
  • edited December 2010

In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario:

UGH  dont mean to be rude but il save everyone else time and effort "CALL" is the answere to ur question
    Posted by WHOAMI196

There were other short stacks on the table tho and thought if i get out of the way they had a chance of busting before i do ?

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario : There were other short stacks on the table tho and thought if i get out of the way they had a chance of busting before i do ?
    Posted by Keevil

if it was bubble play well if you want to minimum cash in a tourney by all means fold.

But m8 you can never fold kk pre flop in this scenario, if you wana WIN you gotta get in there put your money in the middle. KK is like gold dust, it would be the worst fold ever if you did here!

I take it you lost the hand M8?? thats poker. Im not a big tourney or sng player but take some advice from me on this one..............GET IT IN THERE 100% NO FEAR lol

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario : if it was bubble play well if you want to minimum cash in a tourney by all means fold. But m8 you can never fold kk pre flop in this scenario, if you wana WIN you gotta get in there put your money in the middle. KK is like gold dust, it would be the worst fold ever if you did here! I take it you lost the hand M8?? thats poker. Im not a big tourney or sng player but take some advice from me on this one..............GET IT IN THERE 100% NO FEAR lol
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Cheers mate this helps.... Yes i did loose. Its like whenever i get close i never quite make it but i was considering folding pre flop due to the other small stacks on the table. i didnt need to win 1 more ladder and i would have made the semi.....
  • edited December 2010
    SORRY i jumped the gun there m8 there are exceptions to be made for qualifying tourneys, i never play them unfortunately so unable to say if i could have folded.......but its a different ball game for sure and i now understand ur post :s

MERRY X MAS LAD

• edited December 2010
    SORRY  i jumped the gun there m8 there are exceptions to be made for qualifying tourneys, i never play them unfortunately so unable to say if i could have folded.......but its a different ball game for sure and i now understand ur post :s MERRY X MAS LAD
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    God pay attention mate.... I know its Xmas eve and ur excited and everything but get a grip :)

Cheers mate u to! :D
  • edited December 2010

Ul m8, you played a good game imo

In this situation, i believe you had already gtd £84 for 4th, and top 3 got a £110 seat so the decision was a lot easier for you, but with KK, in this spot it is simply unfoldable, unless someone else has like less than 1bb or summit and is about to lose, but this wasnt the case!

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario : God pay attention mate.... I know its Xmas eve and ur excited and everything but get a grip :) Cheers mate u to! :D
    Posted by Keevil
    NO ITS CHRIIISSSSTMMMAAASS
    hahaha

seriously your headline should be QUALIFIER ON THE BUBBLE DO YOU FOLD KK... saves me lookin like a dumbo
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario : NO ITS CHRIIISSSSTMMMAAASS hahaha seriously your headline should be QUALIFIER ON THE BUBBLE DO YOU FOLD KK... saves me lookin like a dumbo
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Merry Xmas!!

As u can c i dont post often on the forum but ill bare it in mind for the future as id like to get more involved with the community! :)
  • edited December 2010

I had a feeling he had a flush, but I had to call here didn't I?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    PhilGood13 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.95
    C4RROT5 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.61
      Your hole cards

PRESSENCE Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.43
    mosquito01 Fold     
    Moyle Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.19
    PhilGood13 Raise  £0.06 £0.20 £2.89
    C4RROT5 Call  £0.04 £0.24 £4.57
    PRESSENCE Call  £0.04 £0.28 £1.39
    Moyle Call  £0.04 £0.32 £4.15
    Flop

• K

PhilGood13 Check     
    C4RROT5 Check     
    PRESSENCE Check     
    Moyle Bet  £0.16 £0.48 £3.99
    PhilGood13 Call  £0.16 £0.64 £2.73
    C4RROT5 Fold     
    PRESSENCE Call  £0.16 £0.80 £1.23
    Turn

PhilGood13 Check     
    PRESSENCE Check     
    Moyle Check     
    River

PhilGood13 Bet  £0.60 £1.40 £2.13
    PRESSENCE Fold     
    Moyle All-in  £3.99 £5.39 £0.00
    PhilGood13 All-in  £2.13 £7.52 £0.00
    Moyle Unmatched bet  £1.26 £6.26 £1.26
    PhilGood13 Show

Moyle Show
    • A

Moyle Win Flush to the Ace £5.79  £7.05
  • edited December 2010
    In reply to the original post, it all depends on Greg's stack size which is sadly not in the post.  If he as 2.5k or lower I'm considering folding.  If he was on 1.5k or less I'm folding aces here.  Anything else I'm snap calling.
  • edited December 2010
    In reply to the original post, it all depends on Greg's stack size which is sadly not in the post.  If he as 2.5k or lower I'm considering folding.  If he was on 1.5k or less I'm folding aces here.  Anything else I'm snap calling.
    Posted by TommyD
    His stack was roughly 7.5k.... i thought it was the best spot for me to try and get a double up as the villian has plenty of chips to bully....
  • edited December 2010
    Call. Unlucky.

GO find the guy bullying, make a note, then torture him every chance you get :)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario : NO ITS CHRIIISSSSTMMMAAASS hahaha seriously your headline should be QUALIFIER ON THE BUBBLE DO YOU FOLD KK... saves me lookin like a dumbo
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    so what part of 3 players win a seat with 4 players left didnt you understand?
  • edited December 2010
    the first hand i think the fact that you are gtd £84 makes it a call if you got nothing then i believe ICM would say fold KK here but call with AA
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario : so what part of 3 players win a seat with 4 players left didnt you understand?
    Posted by N1CK
    u startin to tick me off m8 i only looked at the title and did apologize for jumping the gun if you had looked 

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another call or fold scenario : u startin to tick me off m8 i only looked at the title and did apologize for jumping the gun if you had looked 
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    all the info you need is at the top of the hand, its very bad that a player of such high ability would overlook such important information
  • edited December 2010
    Call. Unlucky. GO find the guy bullying, make a note, then torture him every chance you get :)
    Posted by HartshorN

with that guys stack, the prize structure and the blinds then he can make all ins comfortably if the Sky software fails and only deals him 1 card.

to the OP its a snap esp with the 84 locked up and stack sizes...as people have said if someone has like 2k or so then just fold and let the guy with 70k do his job.