You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is a fold to tight and is a call the right thing long term!!!!

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
would appreciate the comments on the following hand...should i call or fold...i never thought about re raising
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Dhaval6 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.83
thai777 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £4.48
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

bestman Call  £0.10 £0.25 £19.69
Arcaine Fold     
dbar69 Fold     
jesusdog22 Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £23.80
Dhaval6 Call  £0.35 £1.00 £10.48
thai777 Call  £0.30 £1.30 £4.18
bestman Call  £0.30 £1.60 £19.39
Flop

• A

Dhaval6 Check     
thai777 Check     
bestman Check     
jesusdog22 Bet  £1.20 £2.80 £22.60
Dhaval6 Fold     
thai777 Fold     
bestman Call  £1.20 £4.00 £18.19
Turn

• A

bestman Check     
jesusdog22 Check     
River

• J

bestman Bet  £4.00 £8.00  

all advise welcome

thanks guys and girls

Comments

• edited December 2010
    all depends on the villain but as the flush draw came in too I would just fold. If the river was a brick you could perhaps call knowing it would be a missed draw enough of the time, but he has the Ace or flush here nearly always.
  • edited December 2010
    with 3 callers I prob wouldn't cbet that flop tbf

but i dont think that you played it that bad.  if the J was a spade I might call.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is a fold to tight and is a call the right thing long term!!!!:
    all depends on the villain but as the flush draw came in too I would just fold. If the river was a brick you could perhaps call knowing it would be a missed draw enough of the time, but he has the Ace or flush here nearly always.
    Posted by pryce6
    sorry i dont post to many hands so i leave off some detaisl...i was fairly new to table so had no reads...i just beat nothing other then bluff...i think my pre flop raise was not enough and should of bet the turn ,maybe 3/4 pot or so
  • edited December 2010
    if you folded river this is fine. you can check the flop. depends on your opponents obviously though.
  • edited December 2010

I don't see alot here that you can beat.....

But if I were in the shoes of your opponent, I would convince myself you don't have the ace, as you wouldn't check the turn, you could have flopped a flush draw, but there's not many hands containing 2 diamonds that you would open pre flop with that don't contain either the ace or the jack.

Left with just KQ, QT and KT of diamonds......

Turn and river are great for him to represent on the river, if he thinks the hand through.

So if he wants to, he can quite comfortably bluff the river, knowing that you can't call with the majority of the hands that you could hold.

But sky micro players have you beat more often than they are bluffing here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the old question,do you look at the hand from your point of view, his point of view, or a combination of both?

He could be representing what you think he could have, because he believes you can't have what he is trying to tell you he has.

Close your eyes and hope.

But i'd fold.

And don't worry about correct plays in the long term or short term - try and get every single short term decision right, and the long term will take care of itself.
  • edited December 2010

haha whats the conclusion?

DOHHH aint got a scooooooby :)

Just press the right buttons at the right times!!! ya dnt have to no y :p
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is a fold to tight and is a call the right thing long term!!!!:
    In Response to Re: is a fold to tight and is a call the right thing long term!!!! : lol EDIT gets funnier each time you read it
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    question... do you know how to play poker? the whole nonsense with yb was one thing, but is this all you do- attack other peoples analysis? I think dohhh's got the problem spot on- trying to figure out what level your opponent's thinking at. If he's good enough, it could be a bluff- but at that level, it's just incredibly unlikely. Which is what he said. And every decision is situational, I think dohhh is correct there too- sometimes you'll make losing calls, but it'll remain the correct play at the time based on pot odds and opinion of villain. Make the right play depending on your analysis of the hand and villain in question. Note he said 'try' and get decisions right- it's that simple, give every hand the thought it deserves. I think dohhh's record as a cash player speaks volumes, he may not be on the level of the real top cash players on the site, but he knows how to crush his level day in day out. Can you say the same?

I fail to understand your amusement here.
  • edited December 2010
    haha whats the conclusion? DOHHH aint got a scooooooby :) Just press the right buttons at the right times!!! ya dnt have to no y :p
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

my conlusion is that WHOAMI196 is a tossa
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is a fold to tight and is a call the right thing long term!!!! : lol EDIT gets funnier each time you read it
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    look Dohhhh is really rubbish at poker but he would pwn you all day long..lol
  • edited December 2010

Yikes - I didn't read WHOAMI's post like that.....

I thought he was just messin? and tbf what I wrote was abit of a head f*k!

Spoken with him a few times on the tables and around the forum - so maybe that's why I knew he was messing? - Im pretty sure he didn't mean it like you guys r taking it???????

Might just be another DOHHHHH mis-read. lol

• edited December 2010
    Nice attack again guys ur all Egotistic ???????............ i crush these levels every day m8 so im prob more qualified to comment on NL10 than any one here ....Nick ......all you do is nit pick on every frigin post ur a sad ????   im holdin back here coz i bet the sky mods have their finger on the ban button so im gonna end this sh.....
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    No i don't nit pick i just like to clarify what people say so i can improve my game and one day aspire to be a great nl10 balla like you.....
  • edited December 2010
    Yikes - I didn't read WHOAMI's post like that..... I thought he was just messin? and tbf what I wrote was abit of a head f*k! Spoken with him a few times on the tables and around the forum - so maybe that's why I knew he was messing? - Im pretty sure he didn't mean it like you guys r taking it??????? Might just be another DOHHHHH mis-read. lol
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    always give a guy benefit of doubt once, but that was used up on yb- I think he's being out of order to a lot of big players without backing it up, at all.

I'm sure you crush 10nl- not being funny, but that's really not hard, at all. It most certainly doesn't allow you to totally rubbish guys that can crush 30/50nl (dohhh) and 100nl (yb) without even giving a proper reason. By all means disagree, but comments like 'LOL YOU ARE STOOPID' to players who can crush levels much, much harder are really pointless.

If I misunderstood your post, then of course I apologise.
  • edited December 2010
    it's not a direct quote, it's the rough tone of your posts- you could call it a short paraphrasing.

However, if you'd like a direct quote-

'OMG again if i was been given 3/2 and i bet £2 i would make £5 on return if i win geez its not hard,  SO UR WRONG'

not a massive amount different, let's be honest. I would be very wary of arguing with someone like yb on mathematical questions, since he's one of the very best when it comes to the math side on this site.

And the apology was only extended if I'd misunderstood your intentions, seems unlikely I did, so no apology forthcoming anyway. Enjoy your poker.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is a fold to tight and is a call the right thing long term!!!! : i was just messin, ur post just made me laugh not what u where saying but ...the complexity of it i got tung tied while reading it,  BTW you where right not to take me seriously ty m8 
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    i think you need to be more constructive instead of getting all aggressive when people point out your mistakes
  • edited December 2010
    so it's a fold right? :)
  • edited December 2010
    so here i was coming back from a cinema trip and thought wow my post has taken off how nice to get a lot of feedback, and then i read it....oh well thought it was to good to be true...thanks for anyone who actually respnded to my question, and yes i did fold as i did not know enough about the guy to know what to do....as it turned out after playing with him for a while i def think he had a4 someting like that