You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multi-Tabling

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Did anyone else find it difficult to multi-table when first starting out?

I had a try at a couple of DYM tournaments earlier.
Been doing well when I just have one table open, but fail miserably
with two tables open ?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    yes
    got mixed up but will try again when not drinking
  • edited December 2010
    when i first started i could only play one table and that was pretty bad, you need to be thinking about your hand ranges so basically what hand you open/call/3bet in what positions, i play 8 tables which is not that many compared to most but i leave a lot of dead money behind as i play pretty robotic on auto pilot

my advice would be to learn the game to a good standard before you think about opening more tables then work out whats best for you as in grinding a load of tables or playing your best game on less
  • edited December 2010

I have done 7 cash games quite comfortably 

Recently tried multi tabling dyms - and struggled big - time.

Stack sizes of everyone at the table matter so much more, so my eyes were always darting around each table to see where I was at. How many were left/was there a shorty etc etc
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Multi-Tabling:
    I have done 7 cash games quite comfortably  Recently tried multi tabling dyms - and struggled big - time. Stack sizes of everyone at the table matter so much more, so my eyes were always darting around each table to see where I was at. How many were left/was there a shorty etc etc
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    the amount of times been multitabling cash and not looked at stack sizes and ended up getting involved with shortstacks.....i need to play less tables
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Multi-Tabling:
    In Response to Re: Multi-Tabling : the amount of times been multitabling cash and not looked at stack sizes and ended up getting involved with shortstacks.....i need to play less tables
    Posted by N1CK
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this
  • edited December 2010
    jeeezz!! i cant even play 1table ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I never multi table on different poker formats like 2 cash tables, 2 MTT and a DYM - its suicide!
  • ybyb
    edited December 2010
    Stick with it and you'll be fine, just be prepared to time out a few times at the start and increase table numbers gradually. I was terrible when I first started 2 tabling lol, multi-tabling dym's should be easier than other formats though imo.