You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

@@@@'n Primo.

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Sky's premium tournament so you'd expect the better players to be there.

I got AA cracked in the semi by 10-7 even after playing it perfectly. But still squeaked through.

I got AA cracked in the main by Q-3. After calling an all-in by shorty. And Mr Q3 calling my called all-in, first with Q3.  Then with bottom pair. £55 buy-in and you're calling two all-ins with Q3os? Then calling a re-shove with bottom pair?! For Christs sakes I had AAs.

But fought my way through it. K-10s eventually found AK and fair enough.

But Iv played Primo about 15times now and still haven't cashed and that's embarassing.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    You should be delighted that there's horrible players out there. Why would you want to be playing competent individuals? You make your money off the idiots, not those who know what they're doing.

You got ul, it happens.

As for the not cashing bit, well 15 tournaments is not exactly a big sample size and given the crapshoots that Sky tournaments are it means very little.
  • edited December 2010
    Thats nothing mate i watched a hand from the 33quid bh the other day

first hand went as followed

dealer button 2c 3c
    limps

BigBlind looks at KK
    Makes it 200 after there being 3 limpers

dealer button thinks and calls..... WHY IS HE CALLING

flop 3s Kc Qd

Mr KK pushes..

Dealr button... calls.......... WHY IS HE CALLING

turn 7c

river 9c

absolutely unreal
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: @@@@'n Primo.:
    You should be delighted that there's horrible players out there. Why would you want to be playing competent individuals? You make your money off the idiots, not those who know what they're doing. You got ul, it happens. As for the not cashing bit, well 15 tournaments is not exactly a big sample size and given the crapshoots that Sky tournaments are it means very little.
    Posted by Siralos
    The structures are so much better these days.

The 7.15 deepstacks offer 15 min blinds and 5000 chips (start at 10/20). The Primo is 15 min blinds and the other 8pm events are 12 mins.

To call them crapshoots is nonsense imo and rather insulting actually to those at Sky who have worked very hard to improve and enhance the mtt structures and schedule.  

But i agree that 15 mtts without cashing is fairly standard. Its varience, ul bandini, im sure the big wins will come soon. 

• edited December 2010
    @'n Primo. : The structures are so much better these days. The 7.15 deepstacks offer 15 min blinds and 5000 chips (start at 10/20). The Primo is 15 min blinds and the other 8pm events are 12 mins. To call them crapshoots is nonsense imo and rather insulting actually to those at Sky who have worked very hard to improve and enhance the mtt structures and schedule.   But i agree that 15 mtts without cashing is fairly standard. Its varience, ul bandini, im sure the big wins will come soon. 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    its ok for the big boys to call them crapshoots//donkaments greg, because of there large BRs thats what they think they are
  • edited January 2011
    @'n Primo. : The structures are so much better these days. The 7.15 deepstacks offer 15 min blinds and 5000 chips (start at 10/20). The Primo is 15 min blinds and the other 8pm events are 12 mins. To call them crapshoots is nonsense imo and rather insulting actually to those at Sky who have worked very hard to improve and enhance the mtt structures and schedule.   But i agree that 15 mtts without cashing is fairly standard. Its varience, ul bandini, im sure the big wins will come soon. 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    The length of the clock, the starting stack and all that other stuff is irrelevant. What determines a good tournament is the average BB stack when you go deep into it. I've yet to see a Sky tournament have more than a 15bb average very late on which is why they're crapshoots.

If you've played on some of the other major sites, you'd know that the Sky strucutres are at best, very average.
  • edited January 2011
    i finished 13th last week and didnt even get double the buyin back lol
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by GREGHOGG

The problem Gregg is that to make them 'better' didn't take much because of how poor they were before.

The current ones could do with ALOT of work to make them play like an actual tournament and not just be a folding/run good contest. 

15 MTTs without cashing if there are 300 entrants is nothing! Tourny variance is ridic!!!
  • edited January 2011
    @'n Primo. : The length of the clock, the starting stack and all that other stuff is irrelevant. What determines a good tournament is the average BB stack when you go deep into it. I've yet to see a Sky tournament have more than a 15bb average very late on which is why they're crapshoots. If you've played on some of the other major sites, you'd know that the Sky strucutres are at best, very average.
    Posted by Siralos
    I accept that there is still room for improvement here at Sky, in terms of antes, and h4h, and also even longer better structures. This, will, i hope come in time as the site grows and grows.

Yes i have played deepstacks on one of the two BIG sites, and i played 7 hours to get a min cash lol!
  • edited January 2011
    i was playing on stars for a while. Finnished 5th in a $1 tournament for $50

Felt kind of worthless for the time spent, however after the bubble the shorty had 15BB
  • edited January 2011
    i was playing on stars for a while. Finnished 5th in a $1 tournament for $50 Felt kind of worthless for the time spent, however after the bubble the shorty had 15BB
    Posted by The_Don90

you came 5th and got 50x your buyin. that's good!