You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

moving??

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i`ve been looking at a couple off cash tables and if someone leaves the a player from same table will move to where the person has left, would you do this if you have not had the best cards in the seat you were sitting at or stick it out ??

Comments

• edited December 2010
    i used to - some people also have a lucky seat and that may be the one. all psycology
  • edited December 2010
    lol !! So innocent  :)

I think it's more for tactical reasons, to have the best position on the weaker players at the table.

• edited December 2010
    i dont do it because  its pretty scummy and long term is -EV imo, if the 'weaker player' as DOHHH put it so nicely figures this out (its really not hard to) then it can be very intimidating for them and lead to them not playing/depositing as much (or just moving to another site)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: moving??:
    i dont do it because  its pretty scummy and long term is -EV imo, if the 'weaker player' as DOHHH put it so nicely figures this out (its really not hard to) then it can be very intimidating for them and lead to them not playing/depositing as much (or just moving to another site)
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    as a nit picker on sky poker i would like to point out that this is a unsubstantiated misuse of EV,
    basically a ridiculous misuse of EV
  • edited December 2010
    FWIW if im running pretty terrible i would swap seats and if it gave my better position on certain players i wouldn't lose any sleep over it.....scummy moves ftw
  • edited December 2010
    moving seat for better position is +EV short term obviously because you get a worse player in a more profitable seat for you.

however if the worse player then stops depositing and/or moves sites then your long term EV from that player is now 0
  • edited December 2010
    moving seat for better position is +EV short term obviously because you get a worse player in a more profitable seat for you. however if the worse player then stops depositing and/or moves sites then your long term EV from that player is now 0
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    another example of misquoting EV, shame on you LOL_R
  • edited December 2010
    i used to - some people also have a lucky seat and that may be the one. all psycology
    Posted by The_Don90
    Seat rotation FTW!
  • edited December 2010
    lol !! So innocent  :) I think it's more for tactical reasons, to have the best position on the weaker players at the table.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     ON ONE TABLE I WOULDN`T SAY THEY WHERE WEAK PLAYERS, BUT THIS ONE PLAYER WAS FOLDING ALMOST EVERY HAND SO FIGURE THEY MOVED TO THINKING THEY WOULD GET BETTER CARDS IN ANOTHER SEAT, PERSONALLY I WOULD MOVE TO A DIFFERANT TABLE RATHER THAN MOVE TO A ANOTHER SEAT ON SAME TABLE
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: moving?? : another example of misquoting EV, shame on you LOL_R
    Posted by N1CK
    Wot a load of old b^^^^^^s.................................yet again
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: moving?? : Wot a load of old b^^^^^^s.................................yet again
    Posted by debdobs_67
    middle aged stalker alert!!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: moving?? : middle aged stalker alert!!!
    Posted by N1CK
    SORRY I`M MIDDLE TO GETTING TOO ORFORDS AGE, SO BEHAVE AND RESPECT THE OLDER GENARATION