You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another donk, another river

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi HartshornN,

In future, if you could edit out the other players hands before posting that'd be great.

Thanks

SKY_MOD6

Im losing the will to play poker and cash,
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Villan1Small blind  50.00 50.00 1570.00
HartshorN Big blind  100.00 150.00 3050.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

Villan2Call  100.00 250.00 2000.00
Villan3Call  100.00 350.00 1875.00
Villan4Call  100.00 450.00 3055.00
Villan1Call  50.00 500.00 1520.00
HartshorN All-in  3050.00 3550.00 0.00
Villan2Fold     
Villan3Fold     
Villan4Call  3050.00 6600.00 5.00
Villan1Fold     
HartshorN Show
  • K
  • A

Villan4Show
  • J
  • Q

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

Villan4Win Pair of Queens 6600.00  6605.00
Why is he even thinking of calling & and what do i need to change about my game because its not workng whatever it is.

Were both top 2 in the sng. i thought im good to squeeze here and was happy too as with 5 limps and not one to like playing AK as i could get attached and be leeched of chips.

Sorry for the amount of threads! Getting sick to the teeth of being constantly rivered and im talking a lot of times tonight sorry for moan, and yes i know i wanted a call and to be ahead ive gone ahead too many times tonight to no prevail.

P.s pleas eleave this in the poker clinic, as i want to know which of you are making the call with QJ and if my play was acceptable, thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Btw ignore the rant, i just seriously needed to exert some rage :)
  • edited December 2010
    another fool another ego  what is so much greater about your hand then his? he has two over cards and an outside flush draw also possible straight
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another donk, another river:
    another fool another ego  what is so much greater about your hand then his? he has two over cards and an outside flush draw also possible straight
    Posted by smokes1

we win 40% more often?
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by smokes1
    Fool? ... Ego???

He CALLED ALL of his CHIPS with QJ.....

He has an outside flush draw... pre flop.. WHAT?

2 overs cards to AK?.. what??

Think you need to read the hand again mate and the re-post.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by smokes1
    Whats so much greater between the AK and the JQ is that the
    AK pushed and the JQ called.Thats the difference between night and 
    day IMO.

P.S nice first post lol.you'll fit in well.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another donk, another river : Fool? ... Ego??? He CALLED ALL of his CHIPS with QJ..... He has an outside flush draw... pre flop.. WHAT? 2 overs cards to AK?.. what?? Think you need to read the hand again mate and the re-post.
    Posted by HartshorN
    I think you do mate. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Another donk, another river : Fool? ... Ego??? He CALLED ALL of his CHIPS with QJ..... He has an outside flush draw... pre flop.. WHAT? 2 overs cards to AK?.. what?? Think you need to read the hand again mate and the re-post.
    Posted by HartshorN
    HAHA at least ur getting some hits on ur thread m8 LOL
  • edited December 2010
    I can't see why you're shoving PF with AKo. What's wrong with a pot-sized raise, see if you get any callers and evaluate after the flop? The AI is just too much gamble for me.
  • edited January 2011
    too many players think  AK unbeatable its only a drawing hand your 30% of hitting the commuinty cards nothing wrong withputting a con bet on the flop if u get called or re raised let them go dont put your tourney on the line if not got anthing but air
  • edited January 2011
    too many players think  AK unbeatable its only a drawing hand your 30% of hitting the commuinty cards nothing wrong withputting a con bet on the flop if u get called or re raised let them go dont put your tourney on the line if not got anthing but air
    Posted by scrumdown
    Let's get one thing straight, i do NOT think AK is unbeatable, this was to scare people off, i didnt put anyone of them on anything beating me, and it was purely to get what would of been 500 chips. I think the call is FAR WORSE than my play by pushing in here. Obviously i asked if it was the right play and obviously it wasn't.

And lol scrumdown my bad e had that uge stack left behind :P

And whoam i forgot about this thread lmao i dont want hits! :P
  • edited January 2011

The play with AK is fine - how can anyone criticise it?

He got someone to call him with JQ, and no doubt one of the limpers was in there with a small pair 22-66, so he probably folded out the best hand too.

AK v JQ = 64% favourite. 

AK v 4 random hands = 25% and an underdog against the field. 

The mentality of "see a flop, make sure I hit, then get my money in" is what leads to so many bad beats, and people feel hard done to, especially at the lower levels - you bring it on yourself.

Give me all the money in as a 64% fave every single time I play this year and I'll be a millionaire by 2012 :)

ul.