You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED

edited January 2011 in The Sky Poker Tour
I have found out recently that i have to work over the weekend of the Newcastle SPT, whilst i am gutted about this i also thought i could do a nice thing and offer my ticket to someone else who deserved it (I have pm'ed Tikay and asked if someone i thought deserving, who has failed previously could have it) 
I have yet to hear from Tikay and because of the time of year thought he may not be able to reply in time to sort anything, so i contacted Sky customer services to seek help:

I paid £24 for the qualifier the ticket is worth £110, below is the email i recieved back

Hi there, The matter concerning you inability to partake in the sky poker tour was reviewed. It has been advised that as a goodwill gesture we can award the account with a £12 bonus. This will only be warded once the event has concluded. You will need to re-contact us in this respect ie please reply from this email as a reference point. Thank you kindly for your patience and understanding in this regard. Kind Regards Customer Care Team I have deleted the person who sent the emails name. I think that this is taking the p#ss a little bit to be honest, i tried to do a nice thing and get shot down, this ticket was won by myself and i am willing to give that ticket to somebody whom i feel deserving. I am not that bothered about the money but a £12 offer for something that will sell again for £110 and make £98 profit that will not go in the prize fund?????? I am hoping Tikay will get involved and talk some sense into people.    What does the community think????

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED:
    I have found out recently that i have to work over the weekend of the Newcastle SPT, whilst i am gutted about this i also thought i could do a nice thing and offer my ticket to someone else who deserved it (I have pm'ed Tikay and asked if someone i thought deserving, who has failed previously could have it)  I have yet to hear from Tikay and because of the time of year thought he may not be able to reply in time to sort anything, so i contacted Sky customer services to seek help:   I paid £24 for the qualifier the ticket is worth £110, below is the email i recieved back Hi there,   The matter concerning you inability to partake in the sky poker tour was reviewed.   It has been advised that as a goodwill gesture we can award the account with a £12 bonus. This will only be warded once the event has concluded.   You will need to re-contact us in this respect ie please reply from this email as a reference point.   Thank you kindly for your patience and understanding in this regard.   Kind Regards   Customer Care Team   I have deleted the person who sent the emails name.   I think that this is taking the p#ss a little bit to be honest, i tried to do a nice thing and get shot down, this ticket was won by myself and i am willing to give that ticket to somebody whom i feel deserving. I am not that bothered about the money but a £12 offer for something that will sell again for £110 and make £98 profit that will not go in the prize fund??????   I am hoping Tikay will get involved and talk some sense into people.         What does the community think????
    Posted by mossley
     Hi Mossley,

Please don't take this the wrong way as it is only MY opinion, and not aimed at you personnally.
    I am fed up to the back teeth of people complaining about not being able to transfer their seat or get the money back.
    This year there has been so much movement in this, that now everyone thinks that getting Tikay involved will virtually guarantee a favourable outcome, which is not the case and he should not be put in that situation by anyone.
    My firm belief is that, there are a set of rules that cover this, and they state that seats are NOT transferable and that it is adhered to, without exception. My final point is how do Sky Poker quantify how much, if any, money they give back, as some players can rightly ask for all their money back(and some spend a lot trying to qualify). Any seat that is re-sold at the event(or alternates money) IS, and has been in the past, added to the prize fund.

Sorry about the rant.

Col
    col
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED:
    In Response to Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED :  Hi Mossley, Please don't take this the wrong way as it is only MY opinion, and not aimed at you personnally. I am fed up to the back teeth of people complaining about not being able to transfer their seat or get the money back. This year there has been so much movement in this, that now everyone thinks that getting Tikay involved will virtually guarantee a favourable outcome, which is not the case and he should not be put in that situation by anyone. My firm belief is that, there are a set of rules that cover this, and they state that seats are NOT transferable and that it is adhered to, without exception. My final point is how do Sky Poker quantify how much, if any, money they give back, as some players can rightly ask for all their money back(and some spend a lot trying to qualify). Any seat that is re-sold at the event(or alternates money) IS, and has been in the past, added to the prize fund. Sorry about the rant. Col col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Col,
    No worries mate, everyone has their own opinion and is well entitled to it.
    I will be perfectly honest with you i read the other threads and felt sorry for a certain female player and thought i would try and offer it to her through Tikay, I am not trying to get favour from him or anything like that lol.
    What has wound me up is the ridiculous offer of half my original buy in, thats the p#ss take, my view now is stuff it blind me out then, i was trying to be fair and impartial and not after any monetary gain.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED : Col, No worries mate, everyone has their own opinion and is well entitled to it. I will be perfectly honest with you i read the other threads and felt sorry for a certain female player and thought i would try and offer it to her through Tikay, I am not trying to get favour from him or anything like that lol. What has wound me up is the ridiculous offer of half my original buy in, thats the p#ss take, my view now is stuff it blind me out then, i was trying to be fair and impartial and not after any monetary gain.
    Posted by mossley
    Fair play to you Mossley, although Colin is absolutely right and this topic has been covered to death in the past!

Its a real shame you can't make it and unfortunately your stack will sit on the table to be blinded out! I don't understand why customer care would offer £12!! Bizarre!!

Really good gesture though and you are a top bloke for thinking of it, shame the rules don't allow it

Dave
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED : Fair play to you Mossley, although Colin is absolutely right and this topic has been covered to death in the past! Its a real shame you can't make it and unfortunately your stack will sit on the table to be blinded out! I don't understand why customer care would offer £12!! Bizarre!! Really good gesture though and you are a top bloke for thinking of it, shame the rules don't allow it Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Cheers Dave much appreciated comments,
    I just think this is a small failure in the way the SPT is set up otherwise i love it. There are always going to be people who cannot make it at the last minute and i am sure that the majority do not want re-compensating for what is their own failure, as i do not. I am also sure that the other 7 people at my table in Newcastle would prefer me there as well (probably if they know me lol), rather than have a place blinded out, there is another guy who says he can't make it on another thread(he also says give to a worthy cause). That is 2 blinded out places, lets show some common sense please Sky, there are 15 places for celebs to take on top of the 135, if these aren't taken they will be taken on the door by first reserves who are not necessarily Sky players, this is for a tourny in January that was filled in November with a hell of a lot of interest. 
    By the way I will be trying my best for the next SPT as i do love the format and the get together with great players that i have met on Sky poker, please do not think i am upset with everything

cheers 
    Dave(mossley)
  • edited December 2010

Hi Dave,

I did get your PM last night, & I sent it "upstairs" first thing this morning, with a copy to SPT-Rich. I have not had a response yet, but most of the Suits are still on holiday.

I think your idea is a very kind one, particularly given the dreadful flaming the particular player you wish to donate the seat to has received elsewhere, & personally, I hope it is accepted.

We have to be careful though. Whatever we do will be challenged by a few, particularly in the case of Newcastle SPT, where some un-necessary "heat" was caused by some ill-advised & very rude personal remarks.

As soon as I hear back from upstairs, I will let you know.

Thank you again for your very kind gesture, & I'm sorry that I have yet to respond to you personally via PM, but I needed to seek the Suits views first.

I'm also sorry that you were upset by Customer Care's response. To be fair, the Rules are VERY clear on this. Bending the Rules is fine, but it will always upset a few, particularly the curmudgeonly ones.

Please await the response from upstairs before assuiming anything else. I would strongly advise you NOT to contact Customer Care again if you wish me to try & sort this. It needs to go one route or the other, going both routes will always result in confusion.

I hope you had a pleasant Christmas, & I look forward to seeing you at another SPT some time in the future.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED : Cheers Dave much appreciated comments, I just think this is a small failure in the way the SPT is set up otherwise i love it. There are always going to be people who cannot make it at the last minute and i am sure that the majority do not want re-compensating for what is their own failure, as i do not. I am also sure that the other 7 people at my table in Newcastle would prefer me there as well (probably if they know me lol), rather than have a place blinded out, there is another guy who says he can't make it on another thread(he also says give to a worthy cause). That is 2 blinded out places, lets show some common sense please Sky, there are 15 places for celebs to take on top of the 135, if these aren't taken they will be taken on the door by first reserves who are not necessarily Sky players, this is for a tourny in January that was filled in November with a hell of a lot of interest.  By the way I will be trying my best for the next SPT as i do love the format and the get together with great players that i have met on Sky poker, please do not think i am upset with everything cheers  Dave(mossley)
    Posted by mossley
    Hi Dave,

I to echo Solars sentiments, and think it was a good gesture. If you are worried that the seat will go to non Sky players on the day, why ask if it is posssible to place the seats, that sky know for definiate are not going, to have an extra satelitte before the event. This has happened before, I believe, when some seats come available.
    Hope you do make Leeds.
    col 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED:
    I have found out recently that i have to work over the weekend of the Newcastle SPT, whilst i am gutted about this i also thought i could do a nice thing and offer my ticket to someone else who deserved it (I have pm'ed Tikay and asked if someone i thought deserving, who has failed previously could have it)  I have yet to hear from Tikay and because of the time of year thought he may not be able to reply in time to sort anything, so i contacted Sky customer services to seek help:   I paid £24 for the qualifier the ticket is worth £110, below is the email i recieved back Hi there,   The matter concerning you inability to partake in the sky poker tour was reviewed.   It has been advised that as a goodwill gesture we can award the account with a £12 bonus. This will only be warded once the event has concluded.   You will need to re-contact us in this respect ie please reply from this email as a reference point.   Thank you kindly for your patience and understanding in this regard.   Kind Regards   Customer Care Team   I have deleted the person who sent the emails name.   I think that this is taking the p#ss a little bit to be honest, i tried to do a nice thing and get shot down, this ticket was won by myself and i am willing to give that ticket to somebody whom i feel deserving. I am not that bothered about the money but a £12 offer for something that will sell again for £110 and make £98 profit that will not go in the prize fund??????   I am hoping Tikay will get involved and talk some sense into people.         What does the community think????
    Posted by mossley
    That is a very uncharitable assumption you have made there Dave.

It has always been in our mind that we'd try to find a way to assist the player in question. The suggestion that we would buy the spare seat back for £12 & sell it at full price is, to put it mildly, very wrong.

Once again, thank you for the nice thought, which would indeed neatly solve a difficult issue, but the suggestion that Sky Poker wish to profit by your unavailability is quite wrong.

I actually have a seat for Newcastle SPT, & I'm quite prepared to donate it to the player in question if need be. But whatever we do, players will complain, so it's quite a tricky issue to solve. 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED : That is a very uncharitable assumption you have made there Dave. It has always been in our mind that we'd try to find a way to assist the player in question. The suggestion that we would buy the spare seat back for £12 & sell it at full price is, to put it mildly, very wrong. Once again, thank you for the nice thought, which would indeed neatly solve a difficult issue, but the suggestion that Sky Poker wish to profit by your unavailability is quite wrong. I actually have a seat for Newcastle SPT, & I'm quite prepared to donate it to the player in question if need be. But whatever we do, players will complain, so it's quite a tricky issue to solve. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the respnose Tikay,
    If i assumed anything wrongly i apologise completely, however in my defence i wrote the thread whilst still wound up with the customer services team, i am pleased you have forwarded my offer up to the suits and would love it if they accept my proposal. In reply to Col, will definately be hoping to make Leeds mate would be nice to meet up and let you buy me a beer lol
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED : Thanks for the respnose Tikay, If i assumed anything wrongly i apologise completely, however in my defence i wrote the thread whilst still wound up with the customer services team, i am pleased you have forwarded my offer up to the suits and would love it if they accept my proposal. In reply to Col, will definately be hoping to make Leeds mate would be nice to meet up and let you buy me a beer lol
    Posted by mossley
    Thanks Dave. I've not heard back yet - as I suggested earlier, it's quite awkward, whatever we do we will upset someone. There is a "game-plan" though, & I'm hopeful we can find a resolution to the issue.

Hope to see you in Leeds. I'm teetotal (have you seen the state some lads get themselves into with alcohol?!) but I'll have a pot of tea with you. 
  • edited December 2010

Hi Mossley/Tikay,

Mossley - I have found myself in a similar situation to yourself, in that the missus has been called in for an operation the day before the Newcastle event so I am now unable to go and will have to forgo my seat, as well as cancelling hotel and travel arrangements.

I contacted Customer Care about this and the only response I have received so far is that they have forwarded on the details to the 'poker department' but have not heard anything further, so it seems you have got further than I have.

Tikay - Do I need to contact anybody in particular about this or can you forward my details to someone who is able to take this forward?

I must say I have enjoyed all 3 of the SPT events I have qualified for and am very disappointed to be missing out on this one

Thanks

Stewart

• edited December 2010
    Hi Mossley/Tikay, Mossley - I have found myself in a similar situation to yourself, in that the missus has been called in for an operation the day before the Newcastle event so I am now unable to go and will have to forgo my seat, as well as cancelling hotel and travel arrangements. I contacted Customer Care about this and the only response I have received so far is that they have forwarded on the details to the 'poker department' but have not heard anything further, so it seems you have got further than I have. Tikay - Do I need to contact anybody in particular about this or can you forward my details to someone who is able to take this forward? I must say I have enjoyed all 3 of the SPT events I have qualified for and am very disappointed to be missing out on this one Thanks Stewart
    Posted by TheDent
    Thats a shame, good luck to your missus and hope all goes well, get well soon MrsDent

Dave
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT, ANNOYED : Thats a shame, good luck to your missus and hope all goes well, get well soon MrsDent Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Thanks Dave, much appreciated
  • edited January 2011
    Hope all goes well with the op. I know Sky have rules on this, but (unless you are pne of the regular faces) who'd know if someone else took the seat? The only problem would arise if you won the thing, and then had to turn up in person for the final (you could claim a bad hair day).
    Rather than letting this happen, Sky could be a teeny bit flexible when circumstances change, or maybe leave qualification until the last minute (which might mean undersold events).