You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Euro Millions - Probability!

edited December 2010 in The Shed
Hey,

I can't get this out my head tonight of how unlucky I think my dad was in the Christmas Eve Euro Millions Draw. Here's the crack - He was E-Mailed today news of his ticket, Checks it all on line like normal and discovers he won 3.5kish for matching 4 numbers and 2 stars.

19-36-38-42-46 02 and 08 were the numbers and stars.

19-36-38-41-46 02 and 08 were my dads numbers.

Don't get me wrong he's happy with winning 3.5k but it boggles me he was ONE number off literally winning half of 16 million ! Am I wrong to not get this out my head tonight ha! How unlucky was he potentially even though 42 may aswell of been 01 in terms of wide of the gate ?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    You should thank your lucky stars that he didn't win the Jackpot - you may have never seen him again lol!
  • edited December 2010
    wow sick but yeah it mays well have been 26 or whatever.

its something in our minds that fixates on that kinda stuff wherby rather looking at it as a +3.5k it now feels a bit like a loss due to how close it was.

im sure its the same in poker.  maybe its just me but whenever you run deep and FT something and come 5th for a grand profit you can't help but think for a while that the 10k£ up top SHOULD have been yours and it would have been had ur AQ won a race against JJ.

• edited December 2010
    I feel your pain, me and my mum have done 4 lines on the lottery from the start ,hers are house numbers we have lived in and birthdays for lines and mine are just random picks.We never do a wednesday draw unless a roll over, and about 2 years ago on a non roll over wednesday my mums house line came up for 5 numbers and a bonus that would have been £189000 .Sh i t happens and mum was totally philisophical about irt saying what will be will be.
  • edited December 2010
    I think that winning 3500 is better than nothing and the probability of doing it must be astronomical.

And although any2suited was unluckier being that it wasn't a saturday but he had the matching numbers to win more money, the fact remains that 8 quid a week or 32 quid a month spent on lottery tickets is too much money for most so it's no ones fault.

It would be on my mind defo but as the old saying goes if my auntie had bol lox she'd be my uncle etc.

Well gutted for the pair of you.

Hope i win a tenner on Saturday lol.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Euro Millions - Probability!:
    wow sick but yeah it mays well have been 26 or whatever. its something in our minds that fixates on that kinda stuff wherby rather looking at it as a +3.5k it now feels a bit like a loss due to how close it was. im sure its the same in poker.  maybe its just me but whenever you run deep and FT something and come 5th for a grand profit you can't help but think for a while that the 10k£ up top SHOULD have been yours and it would have been had ur AQ won a race against JJ.
    Posted by scotty77
    If i won a grand at poker i would cart wheel over the moon then kiss the mother in law then stick my head up my own backside for a good sniff while looking for the light switch........or is that just me lol ?????