You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

edited September 2009 in Area 51
I went to bwin for a change not long ago try sometihng new. On that site you see so many outdraws its crazy, im not sayin i dont win anything on the site because i do and im not sayin its rigged because i get my own luck sometimes.Nut the amount of time AA get cracked my random crda hittion 2 pair, higher piar losing to lower pairs hittin sets. runner runner for flushes etc ........ i no it poker but this shouldnt happen as much as it does on there.

Has anyone played on there? i coming back to sky lol

Comments

• edited September 2009

*sigh* yet another post for Area 51, methinks ;)

Seriously, I (think that I) understand your point Mick. 

Although, what makes sites like bwin so different IMHO, is that the European network that they belong to, is so big, that some of the games – even at low stakes – can be pretty tough or quirky... or both.

I like the moody graphics on bwin though.

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Has anyone played bwin poker?:
    *sigh* yet another post for Area 51, methinks ;)   Seriously, I (think that I) understand your point Mick.    Although, what makes sites like bwin so different IMHO, is that the European network that they belong to, is so big, that some of the games – even at low stakes – can be pretty tough or quirky... or both.   I like the moody graphics on bwin though.
    Posted by FlutNush
    im NOT saying its fixed not at all, Just there alot of 70% 80% pre flop and post flop lose more then they should. Not just to me but just from watchin the tables.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Has anyone played bwin poker?:
    I played there when it was pokerroom,bent as billy-o then,when it changd 2 bwin never went bAKK.most of these online sites seem a little suss,iv always wondered if the cards that come out on flop,turn and river are affected by what cards are folded b4 hand,how often u get out of a hand only 2 see the card ud hav been praying 4 come out instantly u fold.also if u slow play anything ur almost guarenteed 2 get fkkd over in some way or other.just slow played JJ,2210 flop,turn 5 river 5,muppit who called me 2 river had A5,watt de fook.online poker bs.also was reading an article at www.developer.com ,go there search poker.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Has anyone played bwin poker?:
    I went to bwin for a change not long ago try sometihng new. On that site you see so many outdraws its crazy, im not sayin i dont win anything on the site because i do and im not sayin its rigged because i get my own luck sometimes.Nut the amount of time AA get cracked my random crda hittion 2 pair, higher piar losing to lower pairs hittin sets. runner runner for flushes etc ........ i no it poker but this shouldnt happen as much as it does on there. Has anyone played on there? i coming back to sky lol
    Posted by big_mick12
    i've played on there,and as i said in all other threads of this kind"they are all the same" people hitting miracle cards e.t.c,

there will always be stories of peoples bad beats from every site
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Has anyone played bwin poker?:
    In Response to Has anyone played bwin poker? : I played there when it was pokerroom,bent as billy-o then,when it changd 2 bwin never went bAKK.most of these online sites seem a little suss,iv always wondered if the cards that come out on flop,turn and river are affected by what cards are folded b4 hand,how often u get out of a hand only 2 see the card ud hav been praying 4 come out instantly u fold.also if u slow play anything ur almost guarenteed 2 get fkkd over in some way or other.just slow played JJ,2210 flop,turn 5 river 5,muppit who called me 2 river had A5,watt de fook.online poker bs.also was reading an article at www.developer.com ,go there search poker.
    Posted by philmenow
    This rings a bell with my experience at bwin and other sites. If you make a withdrawal or fail to generate much rake your luck suddenly 'runs out'. You get rubbish cards, miss almost every flop and then when you do land something like AQ an opponent comes up with AA or AK or a lower pocket pair that holds up.

It makes online poker a boring, frustrating experience. I've just started playing at Sky Poker again and it's like a breath of fresh air. I do occasionally get dealt good hands and they do occasionally hold up after the flop. It makes poker fun and interesting knowing you've actually got a chance of winning.

On so many of the other poker sites out there incredible stuff goes on and you're expected to say 'hey, that's poker', deposit more cash and take another hammering.

At least on Sky my bad beats are evened out by some good ones in the long term. That's what the law of averages says should happen.

On other sites if you're not depositing enough or generating enough rake, you just get rubbish cards, missed flops and outrageous bad beats.

Can I prove definitively that they are rigged? No. Should an independent regulator investigate the sites, do spot checks on their random number generators and examine whether player luck is linked to the rake generated? Absolutely.

Small-time online poker players are expected to deposit their hard-earned cash with multi-million dollar companies. We should be questioning the fairness and integrity of their operations all the time.