You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
As Tikay announced on the live show tonight, we're looking for any suggestions for improving the way that the league works. I can't promise that all suggestions will be adopted but we'd definitely like to see as much input as possible.

Fill your wellies.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Give SPT seats to the worst average finisher IMO
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

:o)
  • edited December 2010

You can't improve on excellance m8

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements:
    Give SPT seats to the worst average finisher IMO plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :o)
    Posted by scotty77
    I think that we're looking for ideas to stimulate more competition rather than donating a prize to you before the league starts.  ;-)))

Keep 'em coming.
  • edited December 2010

Hi Vince, i was wondering that maybe we could also have a simular League for players with smaller BR say £2-20 - £2-30 buy-in & run the same way as TSP Classic & maybe put up a prize of a TSP Classic entry every week just a thought

Michael
  • edited December 2010
       Hi Vince, i was wondering that maybe we could also have a simular League for players with smaller BR say £2-20 - £2-30 buy-in & run the same way as TSP Classic & maybe put up a prize of a TSP Classic entry every week just a thought   Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    +1 mate

Sky really does need a strong and large fielded Small Buy in IMO.

Say if they could do a 2.20-2.30 tournament with a sick garentee maybe they could do this - get the TSP Guys in and have a TSP style league running too - could make for 3-4 figure starters.
  • edited December 2010

+ 2

If there was any way of getting the smaller BR players involved...I would vote for that!
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Now as I was just about to say, of course the rng is fix..........oh, sorry, wrong thread!!!!! ;)

TSP Classic League:

I personally think that it's fine just the way it is!

However, if you want suggestions, how about doing the points the other way round. So, if there's 250 runners, the winner gets 250 points, second - 249 and so on. That way there is more to be gained by finishiing high up in games with bigger fields. Still take the average of course but the highest score wins!

Other than that, I can't think of any other possible way of changing such a great idea!

Keep up the good work, Vince!

Chris

• edited December 2010
    whoever is the first to win two TSP Classics gets some sort of prize?
  • edited December 2010
    whoever is the first to win two TSP Classics gets some sort of prize?
    Posted by pryce6
    What sort of prize do you think we should have given to bedders007???
  • edited December 2010
    Can't think of any improvements to be honest - just looking forward to the next one
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements : What sort of prize do you think we should have given to bedders007???
    Posted by MereNovice
    has someone already done it :(

my next line was obv that i've just done it
  • edited December 2010
    ban pyrce.  not just from the league but from the site.

tyvm

EDIT still cant believe the snap there with TT so so lol
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements : has someone already done it :( my next line was obv that i've just done it
    Posted by pryce6

-urjoking- also won it 3 times in two weeks including back-to-back victories.

Stick at it.  :-)))
  • edited December 2010
    ban pyrce.  not just from the league but from the site. tyvm EDIT still cant believe the snap there with TT so so lol
    Posted by scotty77
    lolol I was just about to PM you. The whole FT was so funny.

You missed in the break that guy was going on about how this was his biggest cash ever by far and how chuffed he was to be there. So obv I'm shoving 100 percent of hands becos the 100 quid means everything to him...can't believe he called.

I can never complain about run bad again, made it to heads up vs guy with 1.5bbs and he wasn't even there :) lolol

edit: billypros tilting made me lol so much. Q2 :)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements : -urjoking- also won it 3 times in two weeks including back-to-back victories. Stick at it.  :-)))
    Posted by MereNovice
    that's sick

I reckon I've got him on a wins to games played ratio though
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements : that's sick I reckon I've got him on a wins to games played ratio though
    Posted by pryce6
    He's played it 7 times and won it 3 times.
    Your ratio isn't quite as good. :-)))

I'd aim to be the first to win it 4 times if I were you.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements : He's played it 7 times and won it 3 times. Your ratio isn't quite as good. :-))) I'd aim to be the first to win it 4 times if I were you.
    Posted by MereNovice
    lolmg who tf is this guy?

do sky still show hands from this tourney? if so when is it on? I suggest people tune in to tonights one, very entertaining to say the least.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements : lolmg who tf is this guy? do sky still show hands from this tourney? if so when is it on? I suggest people tune in to tonights one, very entertaining to say the least.
    Posted by pryce6
    I don't know who he is but he certainly has an impressive record in this event. If he had played a few more games, he would have been a real contender for the inaugural TSP Classic League title.

I don't know about TV coverage; Tikay may be able to answer that one.
  • edited December 2010
    I think the prizes for the first league shd be awarded before the second league starts ;-)

Seriously, I think you shd leave it the  way it is, but run it over each calendar month.

• edited December 2010
    The first league was a great success, with "friendly" rivalry down to the wire.  So why change a winning formula, although Diggermans suggestion of reverse points does have some merit.  Maybe run over a calendar month with a minimum of say 10 entries.  I am in whatever the format, and as long as Vince is prepared to pull the scores together it will be good fun.
  • edited December 2010
    Not a change to the league system but a 9pm start would benefit the workers (not me obv) ;)

• edited December 2010
    I think the prizes for the first league shd be awarded before the second league starts ;-) Seriously, I think you shd leave it the  way it is, but run it over each calendar month.
    Posted by SoLack
    No chance Solly - we plan to grim you. ;)

Seriously, I believe you won a week's worth of free entries to the TOTTY's. If so, tell me what week you wish to play them, & I'll sort it.
  • edited December 2010
       Hi Vince, i was wondering that maybe we could also have a simular League for players with smaller BR say £2-20 - £2-30 buy-in & run the same way as TSP Classic & maybe put up a prize of a TSP Classic entry every week just a thought   Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Hi Michael,

We are acutely conscious of the necessity of embracing ALL Buy-In Levels in these Leagues.

I'd just make a few points.

1) Are you not already running such a League? I seem to recall arranging some Prizes for a League you were or are running?

2) There is a limit to the amount of work I can reasonably ask Mere to do. He does not, & will not, accept ANY forrm of payment. So we need to go a bit steady if it involves asking Mere to be the SpreadSheeter.

3) A new Sky Poker Forum League will be announced in the next few days which will be run by one of the PTP-ers, & it will include ALL Buy-In Levels. Might be worthwhile seeing what that is when it's announced before making a decision on your request.

Over & above that, yes yes yes, we really do want to be able to adopt your suggestion, & I can arrange some Prizes for it if it helps, subject to all of the above.
  • edited December 2010
    Not a change to the league system but a 9pm start would benefit the workers (not me obv) ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    I had forgotten this point, and no doubt there are logistical reasons for starting it at 10pm, but I'm sure it prevents quite a few from entering. I entered as many as possible, but the tournament does not conclude until 1.45am ish, and for those who need to be up for work at 7, like me, it just isn't possible to play every night of the week. Sure, in most cases you won't go very deep, but you have to factor in the possibility when deciding whether to play or not. 9pm would be much better imo?!  
  • edited December 2010
    Would it be possible to include the two weekend 10.00pm games as well? 

I also agree that an earlier start during the week would be nice as 3 days a week I have to get up for work at 4.30.
  • edited December 2010
    make it a 3-week league, that doesnt include time while im offshore

staying up til 1.30am is not ideal for 8am-8pm workdays :(:(:(
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League - Suggestions for improvements : Hi Michael, We are acutely conscious of the necessity of embracing ALL Buy-In Levels in these Leagues. I'd just make a few points. 1) Are you not already running such a League? I seem to recall arranging some Prizes for a League you were or are running? 2) There is a limit to the amount of work I can reasonably ask Mere to do. He does not, & will not, accept ANY forrm of payment. So we need to go a bit steady if it involves asking Mere to be the SpreadSheeter. 3) A new Sky Poker Forum League will be announced in the next few days which will be run by one of the PTP-ers, & it will include ALL Buy-In Levels. Might be worthwhile seeing what that is when it's announced before making a decision on your request. Over & above that, yes yes yes, we really do want to be able to adopt your. Its suggestion, & I can arrange some Prizes for it if it helps, subject to all of the above.
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay it was just an idea i thought i would throw into the hat & all the points you have made are valid of which i shall now try to address

1/   Yes the Monday Last Longer Comp is still running & the Prizes you arranged for it are very much appreciated by all. Its a great nite, a lot of fun tho numbers are low at the moment mainly due to Xmas & not everyone can play on a Monday Night.

2/  Merenovice has been Awesome & Instrumental in helping me with how to do a Table Properly as a result of his help me & my mate scouse_red did the table on the Monday just gone which was successful.

3/  I look forward to & will deffo take part in whatever league is decided for smaller BR's as i love playing poker for the fun / competition & enjoyment of it.

Michael
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks for the comments so far.
    Any further suggestions?