You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rebuy is there any point

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
just a little question i play genraly most of the games on sky just played a 50 gtd rebuy only 7 players so a small 1 down to the last 3 me and another player have 17k-20k respectivly and the 3rd player gets taken out blinds 500/1000 now would u say a rite way would b to buy bak into the game he did bout 4 times he did go on to win but is that just relin on luck in my mind them blind levels i would think no point or is it that 3 way and just gamble 

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to rebuy is there any point:
    just a little question i play genraly most of the games on sky just played a 50 gtd rebuy only 7 players so a small 1 down to the last 3 me and another player have 17k-20k respectivly and the 3rd player gets taken out blinds 500/1000 now would u say a rite way would b to buy bak into the game he did bout 4 times he did go on to win but is that just relin on luck in my mind them blind levels i would think no point or is it that 3 way and just gamble 
    Posted by mrparish82
    Hi

In my opinion, it depends on how mud=ch the rebuy is, how big the BR is, and how much they want to gamble, it is their money :)
  • edited December 2010
    If I play a rebuy I never take the rebuy or add on.  If I'm playing a rebuy with 20 players and there have been 20 buy in plus several rebuys and add ons then its like playing an MTT where the guarantee hasn't been met.  So I just play them tighter than I would normally aware that players are generally being more reckless.
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, there is a point.

I do the exact opposite of ertikins, I make an instant re-buy and start with twice as many chips as most of the other players. If I get KO'd and there is still a reasonable chance of making the bubble I will make a double re-buy (never a single re-buy). I always take the add-on at the break unless I'm runaway chip leader. Using these tactics I've won several rebuy tournaments and made a big profit overall. Players who don't rebuy are at a big disadvantage IMO and hardly ever seem to win. This was the result of the latest re-buy I entered;
    GaryQQQ1500001£90 + 10 League Points
    Ashva02£56.25 + 8 League Points
    dawson692403£33.75 + 6 League Points
    JimmyD11604£24.75 + 4 League Points
    BIGBEEL05£20.25 + 2 League Points
    This cost me 5 x £3.30; the buy-in, an instant re-buy, a double re-buy and the add-on.

You need a good bankroll to use these tactics, I will only enter a re-buy tournament if I don't mind spending and losing 5x the buy-in.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: rebuy is there any point:
    Yes, there is a point. I do the exact opposite of ertikins, I make an instant re-buy and start with twice as many chips as most of the other players. If I get KO'd and there is still a reasonable chance of making the bubble I will make a double re-buy (never a single re-buy). I always take the add-on at the break unless I'm runaway chip leader. Using these tactics I've won several rebuy tournaments and made a big profit overall. Players who don't rebuy are at a big disadvantage IMO and hardly ever seem to win. This was the result of the latest re-buy I entered; GaryQQQ 150000 1 £90 + 10 League Points Ashva 0 2 £56.25 + 8 League Points dawson6924 0 3 £33.75 + 6 League Points JimmyD116 0 4 £24.75 + 4 League Points BIGBEEL 0 5 £20.25 + 2 League Points This cost me 3 x £3.30; the buy-in, an instant re-buy and the add-on.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +1

Take the instant rebuy and you're then bomb-proof until the break, then add-on and it's pretty hard not to go very deep in these and to make a tidy profit. The advantage of rebuys is that most people have no idea how to play them.

Entering them and refusing to rebuy or add-on is in principle a tad perverse imo - just don't enter them?! 
  • edited December 2010