You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I play this bad? Could have I got away?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
>BrownnDog called for £20.
>Dealing the flop (8c,8s,Qd).
>cottlad checked.
>winlose checked.
>BrownnDog checked.
>Dealing the turn (Kc).
>cottlad bet £39.50.
>winlose folded
>BrownnDog called for £39.50.
>Dealing the river (Qh).
>cottlad bet £80.
>BrownnDog has gone all in for £133.50.
>cottlad called for £53.50.
>cottlad showed Qs,Qc
>BrownnDog showed 8h,8d
>cottlad has won the hand (£423.20) with Four Queens (Qs,Qc,Qd,Kc,Qh)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    i know of at least one person who will cry laughing when he sees this.

but yeah UL.  obv cottladd only calls with quads here btw shoulda flatted river imo
  • edited December 2010
    I shudda slowrolled for added lulz
  • edited December 2010
    Hi BrownnnnnnnnDog, 

You've found yourself at the centre of a right coup here.

Well done for finding the Poker Clinic and looking to improve your game. If you want to get good responses to your post you should try to not include the results in your post as it may interfere with peoples opinions. You also seem to have missed off the preflop action, your reads on the table/opponent and seem to have forgotten to remove the  opponents alias. Also you should explain to people how you always flop quads asdfasdfasdf grrrrr

When you make bigs hands like three eights with another eight you need to 'bet for value'. I would suggest betting at least 3 or 4 pounds on the flop you've really gotta build dat pot.  When your opponent bets the turn he most likely has the other two eights, QQ or KK so I would sigh call. I think this river is a pretty easy fold as played he's never betting KK here, he's got QQ or your chopping with the other two eights. It's tough to fold a hand this strong but sometimes you've just got to suck it up and pitch em.

Well done again for finding the clinic, you're thread title is excellent btw. 

Good luck in the future at the tables  and please come back and let us all know how your game is improving in the future. ie go frop quads more you big ghay sob! how doyou raise river you're so bad :-P
  • edited December 2010

Do you know how many beef chow meins that river card cost you?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Did I play this bad? Could have I got away?:
    Hi BrownnnnnnnnDog,  You've found yourself at the centre of a right coup here. Well done for finding the Poker Clinic and looking to improve your game. If you want to get good responses to your post you should try to not to include the results in your post as it may interfere with peoples opinions. You also seem to have missed offthe preflop action, your reads on the table/opponent and seem to have forgotten to remove the  opponents alias. Also you shold explain to people how you always flop quads asdfasdfasdf grrrrr When you make bigs hands like three eights with another eight you need to 'bet for value'. I would suggest betting at least 3 or4 pounds on the flop you've really gotta build dat pot.  When your opponent bets the turn he most likely has the other two eights, QQ or KK so  would sigh call. I think this river is a pretty easy fol as played he's never betting KK her, he's got QQ or your chopping with the other two eights. It's tough to fold a hand this strong but sometimes you've just got to suck it up and pitch em. Well done again for findeing the clincic, you're xthread title ies excellent btw.  Good luck in the future at the tables  and please come back and let us all know how your game is improving in the future. ie go frop quads more you big ghay sob! how doyou raise river you're so bad :-P
    Posted by beaneh
    lols excellent post sir

• edited December 2010
    Massive looooooooooooool

• edited December 2010
    Scotty I cant tell if the last part of your post is serious or not lol

The board was 88QkQ not 88QQQ
  • edited December 2010
    That is insanely bad luck there. Four of a kind is rare, but four of a kind beating four of kind, unless the board had been 88QQQ, would be difficult to predict or put you're opponent on that just because of the odds of it happening.

You could represented the hand on the flop, or raised on the turn, but the river would have still come and one way or another you were going all in (few wouldn't on quads). I guess you were slow playing to try and induce a sizable bet from the other players?

Maybe if you had shoved a sizable bet on the flop he might of folded, but then again would you have folded (QQ)Q88 if someone shoved on you. I can't think of many ways you could have escaped this. 

That's the newbie point of view thrown in, hope it helps :)
  • edited December 2010
    Yep, that was terrible. You made the mistake of playing this hand on the wrong site, you could have won a huge bad beat jackpot had you played it elsewhere.

(It's just as well this didn't happen to debdobs or elsadog after yesterdays lively debate)  
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Scotty I cant tell if the last part of your post is serious or not lol The board was 88QkQ not 88QQQ
    Posted by BrownnDog
    looooooooooooool 

:o)

but yh just make urself feel better than on a lot of sites ud have shipped like 100k$ weeeeeeeeee

oh and i really hope that this makes the clinic just so that TK/Orford have to rad out beanehs post
  • edited December 2010
    Holy moley!

No, surely no-one can get away from that?

This a serious post? im confused you should know the odds of him having a higher set than you therefore no you can't fold, and surely you hit quads so you want to get every penny in, so i dunno if scotty was serious either.
  • edited December 2010
    if  only there was a bad beat jackpot!
  • edited December 2010
    Scotty I cant tell if the last part of your post is serious or not lol The board was 88QkQ not 88QQQ
    Posted by BrownnDog

dude villain bet twice, I assume after reraising pre. it's by no means a fist pump river jam. 
  • edited December 2010
    Hi BrownnnnnnnnDog,  You've found yourself at the centre of a right coup here. Well done for finding the Poker Clinic and looking to improve your game. If you want to get good responses to your post you should try to not include the results in your post as it may interfere with peoples opinions. You also seem to have missed off the preflop action, your reads on the table/opponent and seem to have forgotten to remove the  opponents alias. Also you should explain to people how you always flop quads asdfasdfasdf grrrrr When you make bigs hands like three eights with another eight you need to 'bet for value'. I would suggest betting at least 3 or 4 pounds on the flop you've really gotta build dat pot.  When your opponent bets the turn he most likely has the other two eights, QQ or KK so I would sigh call. I think this river is a pretty easy fold as played he's never betting KK here, he's got QQ or your chopping with the other two eights. It's tough to fold a hand this strong but sometimes you've just got to suck it up and pitch em. Well done again for finding the clinic, you're thread title is excellent btw.  Good luck in the future at the tables  and please come back and let us all know how your game is improving in the future. ie go frop quads more you big ghay sob! how doyou raise river you're so bad :-P
    Posted by beaneh
    I take it this is a joke or do we play with 6 eights on Sky?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Did I play this bad? Could have I got away? : I take it this is a joke or do we play with 6 eights on Sky?
    Posted by Seagull158

Lol!

His whole post was a joke!

Toung in cheek ftw............
  • edited December 2010
    TBF Goldenndog, I don't think we can call you that no more :)
    Even sicker seeing that you were against that Fish Cottlad :)