You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HELP!!!!!!

edited January 2011 in Area 51
Do i need to Play like a monkey to win on this site, i Play careful and sensible Poker and still get done no matter what, always seems to be the same Players there or there abouts. Does this mean the site is rigged

Someone Please helP!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Noooooo it isnt rigged,post some hands in the poker clinic and i am sure you will get a worthwhile response,xxx
  • edited December 2010
    ie rigged ...monkey....... help ie.....blah...blah......blah just off off  not off off but EFF-OFF

edit: soz ikno its ur first post but there are so many of these.....
  • edited December 2010
    yeah im sorry about the moaning but i Play nearly everynight now and i feel so hard done by in alot of the tournaments i Play. At least 75 to 95% of the time im always in front Pre floP and always end uP last. And watching the tv channel it always seems to be the same Players around near the end on the tv tourneys.

Thanks anyway
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: HELP!!!!!!:
    yeah im sorry about the moaning but i Play nearly everynight now and i feel so hard done by in alot of the tournaments i Play. At least 75 to 95% of the time im always in front Pre floP and always end uP last. And watching the tv channel it always seems to be the same Players around near the end on the tv tourneys. Thanks anyway
    Posted by Abbie0809
    as debdobs said post a few hands in the poker clinic im sure some mtt regs will help you out :) 
  • edited December 2010
    To be brutally honest.

There are manymany monkeys on this site and any site, that have made me question myself in to thinking i need to play like a monkey to win. Im in the same boat as you, im out of pocket now and yet ive played correct poker and had numerous mad beats and moneys.

However as im rightly reminded time and time again the position you get yourself in against the "monkeys" will be long term profitable. Currently im still fuming from monkey plays going against me latelly and after grumble to myself how these monkeys get paid of time and time again. And for the time being you will probably question the legability of the site however the site isn't fixed, it just plays as a sort of placebo affect you thinking that just because it's a peice of technology.

Also, which is what i've learnt just recently, if a bad beats happens where you think to yourself, "kill me" ... not literally but you know the feeling. Take a break whether it's an hour, a day or even a week, and psychologicaly you'll be all there.

Sorry for the wall of text, however i can relate to you and do not want you in the same position i find myself in with no bankroll and yet feel the urge to "help" people with there game/problems.. how ironic.

Anyway good luck, don't leave sky, it's one hell of a place, keeps me playing poker.
  • edited December 2010
    Also as you said about the percentages, i recently did a bit of research using poker stove with all the time ive had.

And over the past week of constant bad beats i recorded them and it showed this.

When i've got my money in i have been on average out of 34 hands that i am 71.75% favourite to win the hand. However out of these 34 hands i have won just 10, which works out to be 29.4%.. a pretty substantial difference so it shows how unlucky i have actually been.
  • edited December 2010

tbh, the majority of people who "get it in good everytime and always lose" are usually massive fish, with huge problems in their game, especially in tournaments.

Lucky77777 is a great example.

I have played with/watched Lucky play loads of tournaments over the last 3 months, and i'd say of all their exit hands, they had their money in good 90% of the time.

The problem is, they wait so long for a hand, to make sure they get it in good, that it's just too late. Their stack is often less than 5 big blinds, when they finally decide to get it in, and with the average stack in tournaments being 20-30 big blinds, people with big stacks will call with a wide range of hands, because lucy's stack is insignificant, and can't hurt them.

Often you can justify a call with a hand like 2-3 suited, just by using simple maths.

Theres no way it's possible to be profitable in tournaments playing as tight/passive as this. - Yeh you might make a minor cash, and occasionally bink a win, but it isn't gonna work long term.

You are better off getting it all in pre with 7-2 with 15 big blinds, than getting it all in pre with aces and a 3 big blind stack.

I don't wanna be nasty to the opening poster, but I have looked at your sharkscope, and there's no way your record is all down to running bad. You will have some serious problems with your game - and you are playing in tournaments well above the buy in of what you should be playing.

Play some £1 and £2 games - until you start winning.

Convincing yourself that you are constantly unlucky, is going to become a REALLY expensive mistake for you. 

• edited December 2010
    tbh, the majority of people who "get it in good everytime and always lose" are usually massive fish, with huge problems in their game, especially in tournaments. Lucky77777 is a great example. I have played with/watched Lucky play loads of tournaments over the last 3 months, and i'd say of all their exit hands, they had their money in good 90% of the time. The problem is, they wait so long for a hand, to make sure they get it in good, that it's just too late. Their stack is often less than 5 big blinds, when they finally decide to get it in, and with the average stack in tournaments being 20-30 big blinds, people with big stacks will call with a wide range of hands, because lucy's stack is insignificant, and can't hurt them. Often you can justify a call with a hand like 2-3 suited, just by using simple maths. Theres no way it's possible to be profitable in tournaments playing as tight/passive as this. - Yeh you might make a minor cash, and occasionally bink a win, but it isn't gonna work long term. You are better off getting it all in pre with 7-2 with 15 big blinds, than getting it all in pre with aces and a 3 big blind stack. I don't wanna be nasty to the opening poster, but I have looked at your sharkscope, and there's no way your record is all down to running bad. You will have some serious problems with your game - and you are playing in tournaments well above the buy in of what you should be playing. Play some £1 and £2 games - until you start winning. Convincing yourself that you are constantly unlucky, is going to become a REALLY expensive mistake for you. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Great post.

DOHHHHHHH gives some excellent advice there for players who are prepared to stop blaming everything on bad luck, bad players, dodgy RNGs, etc. and actually spend some time looking at their own game. There's loads of very good free poker advice online which will improve your game if you take the time to look for it. If you play well the results will come. We all suffer from variance, but long term results are not determined by how lucky/unlucky you are, they are determined by how good you are.
  • edited December 2010

+1 to both Doh&Gary.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks guys, maybe i should play lower amounts but the better tournaments are the ones that i am playing and trying to get more experience. I understand i sound like a moan but just seems unbelieveable sometimes what happens to me. Help is apreciated!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    tbh, the majority of people who "get it in good everytime and always lose" are usually massive fish, with huge problems in their game, especially in tournaments. Lucky77777 is a great example. I have played with/watched Lucky play loads of tournaments over the last 3 months, and i'd say of all their exit hands, they had their money in good 90% of the time. The problem is, they wait so long for a hand, to make sure they get it in good, that it's just too late. Their stack is often less than 5 big blinds, when they finally decide to get it in, and with the average stack in tournaments being 20-30 big blinds, people with big stacks will call with a wide range of hands, because lucy's stack is insignificant, and can't hurt them. Often you can justify a call with a hand like 2-3 suited, just by using simple maths. Theres no way it's possible to be profitable in tournaments playing as tight/passive as this. - Yeh you might make a minor cash, and occasionally bink a win, but it isn't gonna work long term. You are better off getting it all in pre with 7-2 with 15 big blinds, than getting it all in pre with aces and a 3 big blind stack. I don't wanna be nasty to the opening poster, but I have looked at your sharkscope, and there's no way your record is all down to running bad. You will have some serious problems with your game - and you are playing in tournaments well above the buy in of what you should be playing. Play some £1 and £2 games - until you start winning. Convincing yourself that you are constantly unlucky, is going to become a REALLY expensive mistake for you. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1 stfu fireworks hgoinfg likrev mad ...sh...i...im druink