You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BEST AND WORSE SIGNINGS OF THE SEASON SO FAR

with half the season gone what do you think of the august signings so far

The best for me has got to be Van De Vaart.

The worst is much more difficult liverpool stand out as the outstanding duffer signers of the august window Konchesky,Poulson,Jovanovic and Joe Cole stand out but at 11.5 million for a 27 year old Raul Meireles really look a complete waste of money

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Pablo Barrera & Winston Reid at nearly 8m between them. On the few occasions they've played so far they've been poor to say the least. Hopefully Grant will do better next month cos he sure as hell can't do much worse than these two clowns.
  • edited December 2010
    Best......van de vaart

Worst........hodgson lol or kenwyn jones
  • edited January 2011
    I'd agree, Best van der vaart wish he didnt go to tottenham

Worst there are a few Meireles is worst though so i totally agree with you on both fronts wow
  • edited January 2011
    Meireles? He hasn't been bad for us.

The best signing without question is Van Der Vaart.

The worst is Konchesky, he has been the stand out guy of a whole team who has played dreadfully to have been the worst. Teams like Wigan, Wolves, Blackpool all targeted him and slaughtered us down that side.
  • edited January 2011
    I would say best is definately Van der Vaart. The guy is showing just how cheap Spurs got him for - he is easily worth five time what they paid for him - superb player!

Meireles hasn't set the world alight but I don't think its entirely his fault when the whole of Liverpools team is playing wayyyyyy below par this season.

For me the biggest disappointment is Milner; 25 mill or so and is playing very average - looks a waste of money, but then City can afford it.