You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The TSP League ends midnight tonight. Latest News.....

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat

Afternoon all.

With the TSP League for the period October-December finishing at Midnight tonight, just a reminder that......

ALL the details as to the TSP League are, I think, HERE

The Terms & Conditions are at the foot of Page 1 of that URL, just click the link.

The Qualifying League Finals will be held on SUNDAY 9th JANUARY. (Originally, it was scheduled for Sunday 2nd January, but that was changed a while back).

With the Bank holiday weekend, Staff Holidays etc, it will take a few days to officially determine who has qualified in each of the Leagues. Each player's total has to be carefully audited & validated, and "duplicates" removed as appropriate. (Players can ONLY qualify in one of the three Leagues). The "variable chip stacks" have to be carefully worked out, too.

So I do not expect that the final list of Qualifiers in the three Leagues will be made officially known until at least next wednesday, 5th January.

Please also note that existing TSP members - DanTB10, LOLUFOLD, GliterBabe, lJAMESl & LML - will be automatically REMOVED from the top 30 of any Qualifying League in which they appear, & will NOT be playing the League final. So, if, say, 2 of them appear in the Cash League, that means that positions 31 & 32 become positions 29 & 30, & thus qualify. So in some cases, finishing just outside the Top 30 will be enough to qualify.

So, as you can see, some time & care is needed to ensure the three Leagues accurately reflect the position.

Remember, also, that the new League, for the period January 1st to March 31st starts at Midnight tonight. The Final for that Quarter will be held on Sunday 10th April.

If you have any further questions, I'm not really an expert on the TSP League, & don't have authority to make Rulings, but in the absence of most of the Head Office Staff today & over the weekend, I'll try to answer as best I can.

Good luck to everyone in the current League, & even gooder luck to those planning to give the TSP League a bash in the January-March quarter.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Thanks, so I assume then that the current 5 TSPers are being retained for at least another three months?  If so, good news imo (although any bimbo could take the part of ******* :))
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: The TSP League ends midnight tonight. Latest News.....:
    Thanks, so I assume then that the current 5 TSPers are being retained for at least another three months?  If so, good news imo (although any bimbo could take the part of ******* :))
    Posted by SoLack
    Now that's not a nice thing to say about Glitterbabe is it?
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by SoLack
    That would appear to be the inference, yes........;)
  • edited December 2010
    Variable chip stacks?  Just been through the T & C's and there is a reference to bands in a table above, but I must be blind because I can't find the table.

I'm guessing chip stacks are allotted according to finishing positions.  Sorry to be a pain Tikay but can you either direct me to the table or paste it in here, or call me a New Year's Fool for not understanding the whole thing and putting me right.
  • edited December 2010

•1.8            The ‘chip stack' which a TSP Qualifying player will be given at the start of the Qualifiers is determined by their final position in the relevant Qualifying League, as is as follows:

Band

League Position

Starting Stack

1st

2nd - 4th

5th -7th

8th - 11th

12th - 16th

17th - 21st

22nd - 30th

• edited December 2010
    asdlkfjsd when did they change the ruddy tourny date to the 9th? I doubt i'll be able to play.

also what will the structure be?
  • edited December 2010
    I think they changed it about two weeks ago, but it cd have been better advertised.  Don't think the structure has been announced, but have heard that it will be slooooooooooooooow.
  • edited December 2010
    asdlkfjsd when did they change the ruddy tourny date to the 9th? I doubt i'll be able to play. also what will the structure be?
    Posted by beaneh
    It was changed, I think, about a month or so ago, maybe a little longer, & I have mentioned it in several Posts at the time, & subsequently.

The Web Page was not changed until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, after a helpful player wrote to me, having seen my Post, & told me that the Website had not reflected the change.

I'm sorry if it has inconvenienced you, but when the date was studied in detail, it became apparent that January 2nd would probably be too soon for both the Business & the Players. bearing in mind that after the League's have been finalised, verified & validated, e-Mails need to be sent to all players, too.

I don't have the details of the Structure, but I believe it will be uber-slow - similar, I think, to the £220 Monthly Jobbie.
  • edited December 2010
    you cant have something advertised for over 3 months then change it at the last min!! asl;kdfjlaksdjfa
  • edited December 2010
    I think they changed it about two weeks ago, but it cd have been better advertised.  Don't think the structure has been announced, but have heard that it will be slooooooooooooooow.
    Posted by SoLack
    It was slightly longer than that, Paul, but yes, I agree, it could perhaps have been better communicated, perhaps via an SMS to all those in the League.

A lesson learned for the future.
  • edited December 2010
    the web page should be the first thing changed. 

I only played on sky over the last week to get out of the mid 30s cash into the 25's alskdjflasdjkf

I wonder if anything will have changed by next year letting me use my laptop at DTD?! :O
  • edited December 2010
    you cant have something advertised for over 3 months then change it at the last min!! asl;kdfjlaksdjfa
    Posted by beaneh
    It was not advertised incorrectly for 3 months, & it was not changed at the last minute.

But it could have been better communicated, I agree.

Again, from those at Sky Poker, apologies if this has messed things up for you.
  • edited December 2010
    the web page should be the first thing changed.  I only played on sky over the last week to get out of the mid 30s cash into the 25's alskdjflasdjkf I wonder if anything will have changed by next year letting me use my laptop at DTD?! :O
    Posted by beaneh
    1) Yes, but a mistake was made. Mistakes happen sometimes, & I'm sorry.

2) The Website was changed at least 2 weeks ago, if my memory serves correctly.

3) As to the Lappie & DTD, I'm afraid I don't understand your point.
  • edited December 2010
    •1.8            The ‘chip stack' which a TSP Qualifying player will be given at the start of the Qualifiers is determined by their final position in the relevant Qualifying League, as is as follows: Band League Position Starting Stack 1 1st 10000 2 2nd - 4th 9000 3 5th -7th 8000 4 8th - 11th 7000 5 12th - 16th 6000 6 17th - 21st 5000 7 22nd - 30th 4000
    Posted by SoLack
    Cheers Solly

I was stupidly looking at the T & Cs on the League page, not under the TSP Page URL link.

Thanks again dude.

I'm sure I'll be in the lowest band by the time the bells chime, but as long as it's a great structure it shouldn't be too much for a problem.