You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The last "linger longer" of the year.

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    32 left in the Main Event.
    Final table in the Totty.
    Pretty impressive performances overall.
    Name ME Totty TSPC     Total
    dylan12 3 13 128     144
    tikay1 72 10 71     153
    ozzie08 232 3 60     295
  • edited December 2010
    So Sik, folding AA/KK pre just to beat gramps and the fish ;)
  • edited December 2010
    20 left in the Main Event and it's close!
    tikay1 72 10 71     153
    dylan12 15 13 128     156
    ozzie08 232 1 60     293
  • edited December 2010
    I did think it was over earlier and asked Gramps which charity he wanted to donate the money to, obviously I could still win but I will stick with his charity he chose if I do win - up to him if he wants to say what it is
  • edited December 2010
    With14 left in the Main Event it's a tad close:
    tikay1 72 10 71     153
    dylan12 12 13 128     153
    ozzie08 232 2 60     294
  • edited January 2011
    I don't like to be premature but, with 6 left in the Main Event, I believe we have a winner:
    dylan12 6 13 128     147
    tikay1 72 10 71     153
    ozzie08 232 2 60     294
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    Forgotten the charity name but wd to them - they are the real winners in this :) 
  • edited January 2011
    The final result is:
    dylan12 1 13 128     142
    tikay1 72 10 71     153
    ozzie08 232 2 60     294
    An excellent charity is the MacMillan Cancer Charity Trust if you're stuck for suggestions.

• edited January 2011

I'm not sure who has to pay whom here, but I think Dyl said I could nominate a Charity on his behalf.

If so, I nominate this.....

http://www.gosh.org/raisingthestakes/

And if anyone else wishes to make a donation, please do, it's a terrific cause, is based at Great Ormond Street Hospital, & we need to raise £500,000. The Committee is composed mostly of Online Gaming business leaders, & all major "household name" UK-based Poker Sites are represented. I have the privelege of representing Sky Betting & Gaming at their functions & Committee Meetings, and with the backing of Sky Poker, we've helped raise quite a bunch of money.

So, with the New Year on us, & plenty of kids in a bad way with their Health, give a little, please. I have 2 close friends in life who recently lost young children to illness, & it's just THE most awful thing you can imagine.

For last night's L-L, I'll be sending them £100.

While I have your attention, take a look at this, too.....

http://www.gosh.org/donate/

Thank you. Happy New Year to you all in 2011.
  • edited January 2011
    Ozzie and myself will donate £20 each to the Charity - as I said last night, these LL are great fun but are more worthwhile when a Great Charity feels the benefit of the LL money rather than us as individuals. 

• edited January 2011

Anything to do with helping Kids is a Very Worthwhile Cause so i will also donate £20

Do you take it out of my Poker Account or do i send it Direct over the phone

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The last "linger longer" of the year.:
        Anything to do with helping Kids is a Very Worthwhile Cause so i will also donate £20   Do you take it out of my Poker Account or do i send it Direct over the phone
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    No Michael, nobody can take money out of your Sky Poker account. If you wish to donate, you need to do it yourself. Thank you, too.
  • edited January 2011
    Ozzie and myself will donate £20 each to the Charity - as I said last night, these LL are great fun but are more worthwhile when a Great Charity feels the benefit of the LL money rather than us as individuals. 
    Posted by dylan12
    Thanks Oz, Dyl.

So the total benefit to Charity from our little L-L was £140 - I'm very pleased with that.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: The last "linger longer" of the year. : No Michael, nobody can take money out of your Sky Poker account. If you wish to donate, you need to do it yourself. Thank you, too.
    Posted by Tikay10

Okay Tikay will send it over the phone
  • edited January 2011

I think it is against the Community House Rules to promote Charities on this Forum, so this Thread might disappear without notice if the Mods feel so inclined. But hopefully, as this is a Charity which Sky Betting & Gaming & myself work very hard on to raise monies, they might look the other way.... 

• edited January 2011
    I think it is against the Community House Rules to promote Charities on this Forum, so this Thread might disappear without notice if the Mods feel so inclined. But hopefully, as this is a Charity which Sky Betting & Gaming & myself work very hard on to raise monies, they might look the other way.... 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Which thread was this tikay? ;)

• edited January 2011

Its not wh.....nope, aint going there! :)

£10 added by me.
  • edited January 2011
    Just to say it was a gd night of poker last nite, I managed to finish a crediable 3rd place against 2 sharks

Wp to dylan for binking  the rebuy open gr8 result m8 and cracking start to 2011

As dylan said charity is definetlely the winner here and i hope  they hit there target with a little help from the plyers from sky and the gr8 community. Keep up the gd work tk top man sir

ozzie aka fish