You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Deepie decision?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Right been at table for 10 minutes notes on player involved: Defends blinds strongly
calls pre small pp so not really relevant from a few weeks ago.

when they re-raise pre i put them on strong PP 10 10+ , so i choose to flat hoping for a good flop.

good flop but we still dont have a hand so choose to check call for pot control likely he could have AK here

turn gives me 2nd pair hoping he shows weakness but he goes all in, insta-fold?
Platypus Small blind   30.00 30.00 6632.50
douchebag Big blind   60.00 90.00 7275.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

YOUNG_GUN Raise   180.00 270.00 9400.00
jamielou Fold        
SURFY Raise   300.00 570.00 6310.00
Platypus Fold        
douchebag Fold        
YOUNG_GUN Call   120.00 690.00 9280.00
Flop

• A

YOUNG_GUN Check        
SURFY Bet   690.00 1380.00 5620.00
YOUNG_GUN Call   690.00 2070.00 8590.00
Turn

• K

YOUNG_GUN Check        
SURFY All-in   5620.00 7690.00 0.00
YOUNG_GUN Fold        
SURFY Muck        
SURFY Win   2070.00   2070.00
SURFY Return   5620.00 0.00 7690.00

Comments

• edited January 2011
    This hand is an odd one

I dont like the call of the 3-bet preflop although you are very priced in - but thats what happens when people raise UTG with KJ

Then i know yopu hit the draw for NFD on the flop but its a pot sized bet - so therefore to me its shove andd rept the Ace for me or fold.

The turn now adds you something, his bet screems QQ to me for some reason not sure why, it just seems so like dont call me. Although having said that this is where i lose alot.

Can i ask what you put him on.
  • edited January 2011
    i must admit it screams ak to me, ob thinks your drawing.
  • edited January 2011
    I'd be folding and just wait for a better spot, i don't think he's massive here (set, could put him on AK) i think he knows your drawing and doesnt want you to see the river so like don said he's screaming "dont call me". I could probably put him AQ of spades here too, shows his 3bet preflop.
  • edited January 2011
    The pot sized turn bet and the river shove is almost certainly a made hand that beats you now but is scared of the flush draw.

You shouldn't call now, it's a gamble with the odds against you. If you wanted to get all your chips in the middle a re-shove on the flop was the best time to go for it.
  • edited January 2011

Yes, in this spot it is a snap fold imo.

This is almost certainly him trying to bet you off a draw with a better made hand.

• edited January 2011
    thank you for your opinions, i wasnt calling this but thought be an interesting spot

Donny i have said in OP that i put him on AK, although pre flop 10 10 +, possible 99 here too im most certainly behind but whether my 2 pair are additional outs etc, i didnt want to gamble on flop eg. get it in as i dont have a made hand, likely he could have QQ but surely he would not be shoving turn here
  • edited January 2011
    Fold pre and you avoid having to make a tough decision with such a marginal hand OOP.

You should be making the decision for your stack on the flop imo. Turn is a fold.