You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big Welcome To Blonde Forum Members

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Sky Poker is now the primary sponsor of Blonde Poker Forum. This is going to bring a lot of Blonde forum members over to sky...so may I be the first to offer a HUGE HELLLOOOOOO and welcome to you all

Welcome aboard the good ship sky...don't forget your tin hats ;o)

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

xx

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Welcome Blonde Forum wiiiiiiiii, I am guessing that this is your alias there too Irene?
  • edited January 2011

hi guys & welcome .
  • edited January 2011
    LOL Baz!!!

Thought i'd best keep the same screen name so I didn't get confused ;o)

xx

• edited January 2011
    yep, big welcome all
  • edited January 2011
    Welcome to me! yay

:D
  • edited January 2011

Welcome to the Forum
  • edited January 2011
    I have no idea what this is about,can anyone enlighten me please? xxx
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Debs....

Blonde poker forum is now sponsered by Sky Poker...

This means that all over the forum are sky banners advertising this site...

Some Sky players also post on the Blonde forums and the idea is to attract new players from Blonde to Sky...they were previously sponsored by DTD so the players went there rather than here...

This thread is my way of saying hellloooooo & welcome to the new Skybies ;o)

xx

• edited January 2011
    still not here then? hi and welcome to all hope to see you on the tables
  • edited January 2011
    natural blonde????
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011

When we going to have a Blonde Forum vs Sky Forum game???

Oh yea Leedsrhodesy on Blonde

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Welcome To Blonde Forum Members:
    When we going to have a Blonde Forum vs Sky Forum game??? Oh yea Leedsrhodesy on Blonde
    Posted by TonyKendel
    HAHAHA you would get pwned....

obviously not by me...

but someone else..

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

welcome to the Sky

mr tk2 sir ;o)

xx

• edited January 2011

Welcome Blondites!

Blonde have had probably one of the most active friendly poker forums for a number of years and quite a few used to play here and some notables still do and quite a few of us have had Blonde memberships for sometime. Their live tournament threads were/are second to none, the best in the business imo.

One of the bug bears alot of players had with Sky was the software crashing with their ISP's but hopefully the downloadable version will help with that and a bit more traffic will pass our way which will help Sky with the numbers and the customers with better tournaments etc.

Both paths have entwined one way or another for some time and lets hope that this will be the beginning of a healthy fruitful relationship for both parties which will grow from strength to strength.

The economic climate has meant that the poker world has been getting tougher for the sites competing with the 2 big guns for sometime. Our guaranteed tournaments for example have had to shrink to be able to cope with this so in time maybe we will see that trend reversed.

In a world where it's tough to be just more than a number, so to have a great site, an active forum and also to have people like Tikay and Richard Prew that work so hard for the customers and the poker community as a whole is a rarity.

As the saying goes, from tiny acorns mighty oak trees grow, lets hope that this is a beginning of a secure brighter future for both.

There is however a downside, ladies and gentlemen - your tournaments are about to get much tougher to win :-)

• edited January 2011
    Welcome Blondites! Blonde have had probably one of the most active friendly poker forums for a number of years and quite a few used to play here and some notables still do and quite a few of us have had Blonde memberships for sometime. Their live tournament threads were/are second to none, the best in the business imo. One of the bug bears alot of players had with Sky was the software crashing with their ISP's but hopefully the downloadable version will help with that and a bit more traffic will pass our way which will help Sky with the numbers and the customers with better tournaments etc. Both paths have entwined one way or another for some time and lets hope that this will be the beginning of a healthy fruitful relationship for both parties which will grow from strength to strength. The economic climate has meant that the poker world has been getting tougher for the sites competing with the 2 big guns for sometime. Our guaranteed tournaments for example have had to shrink to be able to cope with this so in time maybe we will see that trend reversed.   In a world where it's tough to be just more than a number, so to have a great site, an active forum and also to have people like Tikay and Richard Prew that work so hard for the customers and the poker community as a whole is a rarity.   As the saying goes, from tiny acorns mighty oak trees grow, lets hope that this is a beginning of a secure brighter future for both. There is however a downside, ladies and gentlemen - your tournaments are about to get much tougher to win :-)
    Posted by SUPERNOVA

I like how u just add this on the end as like a sub-note !!!

This whole thing is gonna be disasterous if this is the case!!

For God's sake sky please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeee don't start allowing people to use poker software.

And also, don't you dare improve your cash for points offer. If anything, scrap it altogether !!! or make it worse!!

Stop advertising the site on poker forums, and put more ads on tv, on channels like uk gold and even better, at the races!

C'mon sky what do u think u're doing, stay loyal to your loyal customers, and attract more fish, donkeys and Lucys, not bloody good players.

(just read this back and if I had read it from someone else, I would have thought he was being serious!!! I wasn't.....but you should do as I say anyway)

edit - btw is blonde actually a poker site?  or just a forum? - is it a stand alone site like sky? or is it like on ipoker or one of the other thingys? if so, which 1? - and do they do rakeback, or one of those VIP scheme things? thanxxx
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Welcome To Blonde Forum Members : I like how u just add this on the end as like a sub-note !!! This whole thing is gonna be disasterous if this is the case!! For God's sake sky please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeee don't start allowing people to use poker software. And also, don't you dare improve your cash for points offer. If anything, scrap it altogether !!! or make it worse!! Stop advertising the site on poker forums, and put more ads on tv, on channels like uk gold and even better, at the races! C'mon sky what do u think u're doing, stay loyal to your loyal customers, and attract more fish, donkeys and Lucys, not bloody good players. (just read this back and if I had read it from someone else, I would have thought he was being serious!!! I wasn't.....but you should do as I say anyway) edit - btw is blonde actually a poker site?  or just a forum? - is it a stand alone site like sky? or is it like on ipoker or one of the other thingys? if so, which 1? - and do they do rakeback, or one of those VIP scheme things? thanxxx
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    just a forum m8
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Welcome To Blonde Forum Members : I like how u just add this on the end as like a sub-note !!! This whole thing is gonna be disasterous if this is the case!! For God's sake sky please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeee don't start allowing people to use poker software. And also, don't you dare improve your cash for points offer. If anything, scrap it altogether !!! or make it worse!! Stop advertising the site on poker forums, and put more ads on tv, on channels like uk gold and even better, at the races! C'mon sky what do u think u're doing, stay loyal to your loyal customers, and attract more fish, donkeys and Lucys, not bloody good players. (just read this back and if I had read it from someone else, I would have thought he was being serious!!! I wasn't.....but you should do as I say anyway) edit - btw is blonde actually a poker site?  or just a forum? - is it a stand alone site like sky? or is it like on ipoker or one of the other thingys? if so, which 1? - and do they do rakeback, or one of those VIP scheme things? thanxxx
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Don't panic Sir DOHHHHHHH!! Blonde at the moment are a stand alone forum , they value their independence. As for their players well you have probably played a few already and a I don't think a little competion hurts anyone!! Why should you or anyone be worried, a player is always learning and if anything improves your game it can only be a good thing surely?
  • edited January 2011
     Hair today and more tomorrow ....... this will lead to .... "BRUNETTE".... Forum site. !! and so on till Women take over Sky. Yippee  be afraid boys be very afraid. he! he! 
    Posted by logdon
    Ginger Poker ftw.
  • edited January 2011
    Robert HM on blonde, here to be bloody minded :) I have to behave on the blonde forum.
  • edited January 2011
    Robert HM on blonde, here to be bloody minded :) I have to behave on the blonde forum.
    Posted by Briefly

mwahahaha your powers seem to have waned young padawan! :-p

Haro 8-)
  • edited January 2011

Hi,

This thread requires a whole raft of replies & explanations. I'm doing tonight's Live Show, so cannot respond now, but will do so tomorrow.

Thanks.

• SPTSPT
    edited January 2011
    Hi, This thread requires a whole raft of replies & explanations. I'm doing tonight's Live Show, so cannot respond now, but will do so tomorrow. Thanks.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was hoping you would show up soon! Some misunderstandings here that I will leave you to clarify!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Welcome To Blonde Forum Members : I was hoping you would show up soon! Some misunderstandings here that I will leave you to clarify!
    Posted by SPT
    Groan, just a few!

And I never got to bed until 7am this morning, & with the Show tonight (& a Pre-Record at 7pm) I'm in a right 2 & 8 at the mo. I'll deal with it after the Show, or tomorrow. It's all good. Ish. Just needs a bit of clarification, though.....;)
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2011
    Glass half full though, I gather you cashed at Luton. Again. Getting boring!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Welcome To Blonde Forum Members : Groan, just a few! And I never got to bed until 7am this morning, & with the Show tonight (& a Pre-Record at 7pm) I'm in a right 2 & 8 at the mo. I'll deal with it after the Show, or tomorrow. It's all good. Ish. Just needs a bit of clarification, though.....;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Don't go and spoil my shiny winey welcome to the forum thread with moany woany wingey stuff though else i'll have to get Sky Mod4 onto you

xx

• edited January 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

As rare as this is, I actually for once agree with DOH

• edited January 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice one JJ..... U tell M8
  • edited January 2011
    HAHAHHA

Yeah JJ tell them...PMSL

More lucy's ftw ;oDDD

xx
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I cant see in any of the posts where this was mentioned.  I take it you are on about tracking software etc.
    But yeah, I agree with most of this post, although improving cfp is a good thing.......as long as they dont tell anyone
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Welcome To Blonde Forum Members : Groan, just a few! And I never got to bed until 7am this morning, & with the Show tonight (& a Pre-Record at 7pm) I'm in a right 2 & 8 at the mo. I'll deal with it after the Show, or tomorrow. It's all good. Ish. Just needs a bit of clarification, though.....;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    bump