You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any chance??

edited January 2011 in The Sky Poker Tour
dont get me wrong i love the spt events ive been to a couple at luton and blackpool,would you ever consider having a starting stack of 10k instead of the 5k,when at blackpool it felt like the better tourny was on the fri nite instead of the main on the saturday,dont get me wrong im not a moaner just thought id ask the question.cheers gd luck all as i cant make newcastle

shauny

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited January 2011
    The tournament is designed, on instructions from Sky Poker, to begin at 2pm on a Saturday and finish (including breaks and dinner) within 10-11 hours for a 1am finish at the latest

With 150 people starting, that means the current structure as is shown by when these events finish.

If the starting stack rises, the blinds have to be quicker or blind levels fewer to fit these timings

Unless Sky want to run with fewer runners, or the event over two days

So the simple answer is "no", unless Sky Poker change the required criteria for SPT events and ask you to play for significantly longer, or over two days to conclude the tournament

Whilst these might not be a problem for some players, such moves come with added costs (for the venue, staff etc...and extra costs to players from hotel bills etc)
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Shauny

The problem is that with 5k on that structure it finishes around 2am, with 10k chips you would need to alter the clock to say 24 mins from 30 and would prob end around 3am.

My local Alea plays 24 mins 10k stack and it often ends at 4am, that is too late for the SPT (the guys that are working tirelessy etc) It still becomes a bit of a shovefest late on.

I agree with you but the problem with that Blackpool tourney on the Fri night was it had no antes, it went on till 5am and that is too long.

The structure of the SPT final is fantastic but that is a 2 day event
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: any chance??:
    Hi Shauny The problem is that with 5k on that structure it finishes around 2am, with 10k chips you would need to alter the clock to say 24 mins from 30 and would prob end around 3am. My local Alea plays 24 mins 10k stack and it often ends at 4am, that is too late for the SPT (the guys that are working tirelessy etc) It still becomes a bit of a shovefest late on. I agree with you but the problem with that Blackpool tourney on the Fri night was it had no antes, it went on till 5am and that is too long. The structure of the SPT final is fantastic but that is a 2 day event
    Posted by SolarCarro
    ok no probs just thought id ask
  • edited January 2011
    ANY chance of registering/buying in  on day of game . SKY POKER TOUR AT NEWCASTLE,  8TH JAN  2011.
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2011
    Event is full

Alternates for the first two levels, unless advised otherwise beforehand
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: any chance??:
    Event is full Alternates for the first two levels, unless advised otherwise beforehand
    Posted by SPT
    Is it as simple as putting your name on a list on the day? and by what time?
    How many alternates are allowed or is that dependant on how many get knocked out?
  • edited January 2011
    First come first served from midday

Alternates for the first two levels. As one is knocked out, the person on the top of the list gets in

Spt.