You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cheltenham question

edited January 2011 in The Shed
Prestbury Park ??

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Its called Cheltenham Racecourse. See this entry about the Gold Cup :
    The original event was a flat 3 mile race held on Cleeve Hill, whereas the current Cheltenham Gold Cup is held on the New Course at Cheltenham Racecourse which stands in the shadows of Cleeve Hill and is three miles and two and a half furlongs long with twenty two jumps - a stark contrast to the original race.
  • edited January 2011
    Also see this website for Cheltenham Racecourse:

http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: cheltenham question:
    Its called Cheltenham Racecourse. See this entry about the Gold Cup : The original event was a flat 3 mile race held on Cleeve Hill, whereas the current Cheltenham Gold Cup is held on the New Course at Cheltenham Racecourse which stands in the shadows of Cleeve Hill and is three miles and two and a half furlongs long with twenty two jumps - a stark contrast to the original race.
    Posted by BasktWeavr
    You seem to know your stuff on Cheltenham

There was a poker pro on TV the other week saying how much he loves the Cheltenham festival and that he has made money in previous years on backing horses ante-post.
    He said in  alot of cases it doesn,t matter what the horses do for the rest of year as when they get to Cheltenham the horses that normally do well there come back and do well again and also get backed in nearer the time.
    He did mention one horse inparticular which was 5/1 generally so I,ve had £40 on it up to now, hoping it will go off a lot shorter and I can lay it

Would you say this is the best way off backing horses for cheltenham and if they don,t make it there in the end do you get your money back?
  • edited January 2011

There you go.....

http://www.prestburypark.co.uk/

I was a Member there for over 20 years, & I was part of the Construction Team who built several Grandstands there. So many stories to tell, so little time.