You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

freezeout stratergy

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
hi.im due to play live in a freezeout thursday and need some advice from somebody who has played these games b4.(format) 3 x 3500 chips.do i take all chips available to me at the start or do i wait till i need them.my thought is ,if i take them later in the game (if i am low) and the blinds are high 3500 would not be a weapon compared to 10,500 early in the tourny.your thoughts would be appreciated. ty.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    In Response to freezeout stratergy:
    hi.im due to play live in a freezeout thursday and need some advice from somebody who has played these games b4.(format) 3 x 3500 chips.do i take all chips available to me at the start or do i wait till i need them.my thought is ,if i take them later in the game (if i am low) and the blinds are high 3500 would not be a weapon compared to 10,500 early in the tourny.your thoughts would be appreciated. ty.
    Posted by windamon

Hi Windamon,

For what it's worth, I always take the max chips at the very beginning of the tournament. My reasoning is that, if I get what Tikay calls a 'big on big' situation (so my opponent and I both make big hands), I will be getting the maximum number of chips from him when I double up.  Of course, this relies on two things:

1) The opponent has also taken more than the 3,500 at the start, or has at least earned a few more chips along the way. I'd obviously be winning a stack of 10,500 than 3,500 if possible.

2) I am on the right side of the big on big clash. If I get coolered and get knocked out then it's too bad - I want to maximise my chances of getting a big stack and taking control of the table for the duration of the earlier rounds.

Otherwise just apply good solid poker as you normally would - avoid limping in, get in cheap with those small pairs and suited connectors if you can, don't overplay one pair type hands, etc.

Oh, and enjoy!

Sky Dave
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: freezeout stratergy:
    In Response to Re: freezeout stratergy : A1 advice thank you verry much for your time.
    Posted by windamon
    More than welcome :) Let us know how you get on!