You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wrong Call?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys fairly new to the site and was just seeking some advice on the following hand to see if the call was the wrong play. Not a lot more i can tell you on my opponent as we had only been playing a short amount of time. Any tips or suggestions would be gratefully recieved. Thanks

Hand History #325427022 (18:41 03/01/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
yorkie63 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £7.02
BCFC_CHU Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £10.16
  Your hole cards
  • J

yorkie63 Raise  £0.18 £0.24 £6.84
BCFC_CHU Call  £0.16 £0.40 £10.00
Flop

BCFC_CHU Check     
yorkie63 All-in  £6.84 £7.24 £0.00
BCFC_CHU Call  £6.84 £14.08 £3.16
yorkie63 Show

BCFC_CHU Show
  • J

Turn

River

yorkie63 Win Two Pairs, 10s and 7s £13.38

Comments

• edited January 2011
    tbh i dont like ur call pre.. but saying thta if ur calling pre thats gotta be one of the best flops u would of wished for.. but still i think the mistake here was pre flop.. hope this helps
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Wrong Call?:
    tbh i dont like ur call pre.. but saying thta if ur calling pre thats gotta be one of the best flops u would of wished for.. but still i think the mistake here was pre flop.. hope this helps
    Posted by iBLUFF
    Thanks for the comment. So should i be folding after the raise or re raising myself?
  • edited January 2011
    if ur talking about pre flop when he raises just fold no need to get involved imo, but  the way u have played it i call the shove on the flop.
  • edited January 2011
    if ur talking about pre flop when he raises just fold no need to get involved imo, but  the way u have played it i call the shove on the flop.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    ye sorry was talking pre flop. thanks for the advice
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Wrong Call? : ye sorry was talking pre flop. thanks for the advice
    Posted by BCFC_CHU
    no problem... hope this helps
  • edited January 2011
    fold pre and fold flop imo. im not calling  175bb off hoping that my jack is good too
  • edited January 2011
    fold pre and fold flop imo. im not calling  175bb off hoping that my jack is good too
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    i can see ur point but surely if hes calling pre apart from flopping flush thats the kinda flop u want and u have to go with it i no hes got alot of bb`s back but what other flop are u calling pre to see?
  • edited January 2011
    2 wrongs don't make a right ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Wrong Call? : i can see ur point but surely if hes calling pre apart from flopping flush thats the kinda flop u want and u have to go with it i no hes got alot of bb`s back but what other flop are u calling pre to see?
    Posted by iBLUFF

ofc this is a great flop for us but our opponent has just bet 17x pot this changes things alot we need very close to 50% equity and we need 14 clean outs for that to be true, we only have 12 with gutshot and flushdraw.

even if we did have the required equity to call i would probably fold because i dont want to flip for 175bbs when i think i have an edge on him
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Wrong Call? : ofc this is a great flop for us but our opponent has just bet 17x pot this changes things alot we need very close to 50% equity and we need 14 clean outs for that to be true, we only have 12 with gutshot and flushdraw. even if we did have the required equity to call i would probably fold because i dont want to flip for 175bbs when i think i have an edge on him
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    cheers for the advice
  • edited January 2011
    dont call raises Out of Position with junk hands even if a pretty suited one
  • edited January 2011
    dont call raises Out of Position with junk hands even if a pretty suited one
    Posted by waynecure
    +1 u got yourself inot a bad situation coz of call pre.. learn from it and dont do it again lol ;)