You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

recommended reading?

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi all

wondered if anyone might point me, and others, to some recommended reading and research that can be found freely on the web.

Personally I'm not a great reader but am at a point where some solid research and understanding would be useful.

cheers

Tony

Comments

• edited January 2011
    They aren't free...  In fact they aren't even cheap but I can recommend "Harrington on Hold'em"  3 books well worth a read 

• edited January 2011
    You could also try "Power Hold'Em Strategy"
    Daniel Negreanu
    Look on e-bay.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: recommended reading?:
    You could also try "Power Hold'Em Strategy" Daniel Negreanu Look on e-bay.
    Posted by wynne1938

Was thinking of getting that one Wynne.... Any Good?

• edited January 2011

I,ve looked on amazon and ebay for the above books before and have been suprised on how expensive they are so I downloaded them for free, but its not the same reading a book on the internet

I was wondering if anyone going to Newcastle this weekend had any decent books they have read and would like to sell on 2nd hand ? - If so can you PM me .thx

Or you could have a book swappy thing as Tk would say where ppl took their books they have read and swap them with each other for different ones they haven,t read

Looked in local library as well - They had 4 books on poker - just really old ones on how to play

• edited January 2011
    There is a free one knocking around on the interweb called `Ryan Fees 6 max strategy` or something like that.  Google `Ryan fee poker` and something should come up.  I agree though, I much prefer reading a proper book to an `e` book